CH.2 - Who am I? Who are you?

Whose Baby are You?

(For reference,  the boy is the same age with the Song triplets and ‘Kwanie’ and ‘Solie’ are the same as the twins when they were in the playroom with Haru, Sarang and Yuto. If you’re familiar with that episode of TROS that’s it hahaha. For ‘Hao-hao’, think of the twins when they first appeared in TROS or when they were just barely able to lift their heads :> If unfamiliar (sorry), the age order will be 3, 2, 1. The boy’s the oldest, Kwanie and Solie are twins and Hao-hao is a baby that will be turning one soon (9 months?). Oh, these are not korean ages. Sorry! Still not familiar with them 😅)

.

.

.

.

.

 

They all sat in a circle with the agreed arrangement that the 'favourite' hyungs sit closer to the boy while the 'less favourite' (definitely not hated, Joshua had to assure Minghao multiple times) were sat at the other end. Jun and Jihoon were at the middle of both groups - Jun because they really don't know where he stands and Jihoon because he was in timeout for 'getting too much attention already' (according to Mingyu, backed up by Seokmin who was happily cuddling the toddler on his lap). If the composer had sent them hateful stares, they would just ignore them over the child's sweet smiles. 

 

"Alright. Before we begin, few house rules first. If anyone wants to ask something, make sure you don't clash with another member and make your question easy for him to understand. Let's keep our words clean and our reactions appropriate. Seungkwan-ah, let's not overreact, okay?" Seungkwan made a face and Jisoo tutted at him, as if making emphasis on the rules he just said. But the youngest vocal was cute and him getting riled up like that had them chuckling. 

 

"If we're all set and good, Kyeom can you try asking… Hmmm… Oh! We haven't known his name!" Vernon resisted another urge to face palm. How could they have missed that! The others might have been thinking the same from how their eyes had widened and mouths opened with the realization.

 

"Y-yes hyung. Um… Aegi-ah, can you tell uncles your name?" Seokmin got a bit conscious when the boy just stared at him for a moment before the question must have registered and the child jumped with a start, hitting his jaw in the process. 

 

"Chan! I am Chan!" The child said his name so proudly that it further made them interested how he had the same with their maknae Dino. Seokmin was more relieved that he got an answer. He nuzzled the child and gave him kisses to reward the boy for a good job. 

 

"Anku Minie! Poity nose!" And their celebration was cut off like that with some ending chuckles.

 

"Not fair. He has Chan too and he's not even here. If he says names for Seungcheol and Jeonghan hyung, I'm gonna be so sad, Hao." The8 chuckled at his pouting hyung. The elder had sulkingly placed his head on his shoulder and was now mumbling to himself. "You're special, ge. Plus, all of us are just guessing here. The coincidences are just fun to ride on. You know we're not really the ones he's referring to." As Minghao said, they were just coincidences that wouldn't hurt to have fun with. The boy's just adorable to be mistaking them for people he knew. No way it was actually them. 

 

"Anku Minie… Chan miss Kwanie and Solie. Where Kwanie and Solie?" Chan was looking at DK so expectantly with his round eyes that it made him melt. He had brushed a finger to his soft cheek and had cooed when the boy leaned to the touch while not breaking eye contact with him. "Aren't they them? Look the uncles are waving at you." Chan glanced excitedly at the back where his uncle had gestured to him, but that was immediately replaced with a frown when he saw the same strangers. He turned to face Seokmin again with a look of betrayal on his face. 

 

" Anku Minie bad! Lying bad! Not friends. Where friends Anku?" Seokmin felt sorry, not even sure if he should be really feeling that since he really didn't know the 'friends' of the little boy and he was just making a guess. Still, he didn't like to see him so disappointed. 

 

"Um… M-maybe they’re with their mommy, Chan-ah.” Dokyeom wasn’t sure but at least the child was back to smiling. Though it had him in surprise as he scrambled to help the little body stand up and toddle off to Joshua. He gave his hyung a sheepish smile which the elder returned as he welcomed the boy into his arms. 

 

“Awty Soo! Anku Minie said Kwanie and Solie with you. Where Kwanie and Solie?” Everyone was silent hearing what the boy said, then recalling what Seokmin told him earlier. It was definitely ‘mommy’, right? Not Soo nor Jisoo at that. 

 

Joshua was at a trance. He’s not ‘mommy’. He’s a man. How can the child be so mistaken? But Chan wouldn’t understand, even if he tried to explain. And also… He sighed. He didn’t want to burst the cute happy bubble of the boy. It was obvious Chan was excited for his friends and was very expectant of his ‘Awty Soo’ for an answer. He was bouncing in his embrace, making it more difficult for Seokmin to settle the child properly on his hyungs lap. He snapped out of it when he heard the stifled laughter of Mingyu and Jihoon. 

 

“Ah...Chan, baby. They’re not with me. Maybe they’re with their um… daddy?” Yeah, that was it. If not with their mom, definitely the friends will be with their dad.

 

“B-but, Kwanie and Solie not with Anku Minie.”

 

What? Did they hear that correctly? 

Jihoon pieced it together first and was now laughing harder, hitting Mingyu who had also caught on. Joshua and Dokyeom were a bit lost, still processing what Chan had said.

 

“Dokyeomie is the daddy!” Woozi finally let them on.

 

“Wah… SeokSoo is real! Hahahahaha!” His pal Mingyu wheezed. Then there was a weird twinkle in Soonyoung’s eyes, which Joshua had immediately concluded to not be good.

 

“Oohhh, I’m gonna get a pen and paper. I’m gonna be plotting this down! My bet is Hao-hao is Hoonie’s baby! Hoon’s cute, Hao’s fluffy! Definitely parent and child! Wait wait!” Wonwoo was also getting amused by the turn of events. He peered over to the paper worked on by the group’s hamster, with him was Joshua who was trying to hide his blush from his supposedly ‘partner’ who had sat in front of him, entertaining Chan who was on his Awty Soo. It was also a good distraction for the younger who could see Vernon and Seungkwan from his peripheral vision, staring at them with an expression he still can’t decide if just surprise or maybe something more. 

 

“But Soonyoung, if Jihoon is Hao’s daddy, who’s the mommy?” Hoshi had stopped writing, before excitedly beaming to proudly present Jun his intelligent, well-matched guesses (according to him and he wouldn’t let anyone tell him otherwise. “I am sure of this! Believe me!” Yup, no members can reach him so they just let him be) . “I’m glad you asked, Jun-ah. But let’s not disregard the possibility of Hoon being mommy.” 

 

A tick formed on the forehead of the mentioned member. How dare this hamster! “Yah! That’s prejudice again! I can be short and still be the dad! There are a lot of short people who are fathers!” Woozi would charge at him if it weren’t for Seungkwan and Mingyu holding him down. Well, Hoshi was unbothered by his protest.

 

“As I was saying, Hoon can be mommy!” If Woozi had mumbled something again, he didn’t hear. “We have JiCheol! Hm Hm! Top contender we have here! Cheol-hyung would be daddy and Jihoon is mommy!” They looked at Chan waiting for a reaction, though from his cute, furrowed brows, they knew they had it wrong.

 

“Okay, okay. This is definitely it! Mingyuzi for the win!” The others were giving him disapproving looks, even Mingyu and Woozi who just looked terrified. “No, listen it makes sense! Ha! This is perfect! Mingyu is close to Ei-sa and his height is average because we have Hoon to balance him out!” 

 

The8 was also mortified, how his Hoshi hyung was looking so crazy and how his Jihoon hyung was close to killing him. Jun’s embrace could only give him some little comfort at the madness that came from matchmaker Kwon. 

 

They looked at Chan again, and with a terrified look also coming from the child, they also knew that was greatly wrong; or maybe it was because of Hoshi’s loud voice that startled the boy. Joshua had to rock the child some as he sensed the boy’s discomfort when he had gripped his shirt and clung to his neck.

 

“Okay, not Mingyuzi either… Hmmm.”

 

“My guess, hyungs, Hao’s parents is Hoon hyung and… Nyoung hyung.” Hoshi had wanted to give Vernon an incredulous look for the younger’s guess because… um… okay he supposes there wasn’t any reason to be against it. Hao’s family will be just exploding with cuteness (with a bit of savageness from Woozi… Oh, so that’s where Ei-sa got his savageness). He met eyes with Jihoon. Was he? Was he blushing? ‘So cute’. He also turned to Minghao’s direction and found himself relieved(?) that at least the Chinese member looked more accepting of the pair than the earlier guesses. The family would be so adorable… but still! He heard a gasp, probably from Seungkwan, and he too saw how Chan had begun nodding, slipping away from Jisoo’s neck. Vernon smirked, giving the gaping tiger a smug look. 

 

“Bingo! We have a winner deng deng deng!” Wonwoo felt good saying that. He already had a feeling it was the case, SoonHoon as Minghao’s parents. He was constantly giving looks to Soonyoung when he was writing on his paper, not getting why the choreographer didn’t even consider himself as a possible candidate. Seriously, him and Woozi would have been a more probable pair than with Jun, though it would make for Hao being Chinese.

 

"No way… I can’t... Wait! No,  this just means I'm so awesome! Haha! I had caught the attention of the mighty Jihoon! Can't say if she's pretty though. Well from Hoon, I guess Hao's mom must have been cute!" At this point, they can't even begin to predict their hyperactive friend. Well at least he had taken it more positively, compared to Jihoon who was showing a face mix of annoyance and interest and oh, there’s pink on his cheeks. So he was also taking it well, it seems. But not like, he was gonna make it so obvious.

 

“Yah! You wouldn’t have passed my standard’s! Hao’s mom must have been so kind to consider you!”

 

“Ha! Just admit I’m so charismatic - “

 

Jun suddenly sat up, a realization coming to mind. “I think it's the other way around." The bickering group, mostly the noisy Soonyoung, stopped at Jun's words. Other way around? So that will make...

 

"Can't be hyung, even the fans ship SoonHoon with Woozi hyung as the girl." Seungkwan tried to reason out, which earned him an approving look from Hoshi. Hoshi as the girl? They encountered it but it was rare. To think it existed in a reality, they can’t even picture it.

 

"Well I just thought that if Shua hyung is Awty Soo and he's mommy, and Kyeom is Anku Minie and he's daddy, then Nyoung should be mommy since he's also Awty while Hoon is daddy because he's Anku?” Everyone paused at that, except Chan who was playing with his teddy bear, courtesy of Joshua and Wonwoo who had found it and had picked it up earlier. Jun made sense. Of course he did. He is smarter than what others let him on. With everyone frozen, the taller Chinese took it that he got their approval. He leaned towards the boy who conveniently was sitting beside him, well it was Joshua on his side but still it’s the same.

 

“Aegi-ah, who is Hao-hao’s mommy?” All heads now went to their direction. Chan was oblivious to the suspense he was creating as he played seconds more with Michael and Jun. 

 

“Awty Nyoungie! Anku Hoonie is king, Awty Nyoungie is queen and Hao-hao is prince! Awty Nyoungie said Chan that because Awty Nyoungie is Hao-hao’s mommy!” Alright…T.M.I., but definitely something Hoshi would say.

 

“But… but Anku Minie said Solie is prince and Kwanie is princess because Awty Soo is queen!” Yup, T.M.I. and a moment of silence more for the uncles. Well, the uninvolved are not so much affected. More for them to tease the others!

 

“Gosh! You being so fluffy calling yourself kings and queens with your kids. Get a room.” Mingyu was laughing out loud, leaning to reach Wonwoo across him who was also struggling to catch his breath from laughing.

 

“Soonyoung...Haha...Congrats Hoon! You’re the man this time!” Woozi would have appreciated it if it weren’t for the situation.

 

“Wait wait! Did I hear right? Princess Kwanie! Hahahaha Kwan’s a girl!” Jun was also having the time of his life, hitting the mentioned dongsaeng in the back. Seungkwan couldn’t even give his hyung a glare, still a bit unsettled with all the reveal Chan dumped on them in a matter of seconds. The said child was again, just oblivious, clapping his hands with Jun and Wonwoo who sat on both his sides. He must have thought they were having fun.

 

“Y-yah!” Jisoo blushed more. Oh why did he stutter? “Think about the consequences for you! If we’re matched up what is left you? You must be husband and wife too!” Mingyu and Wonwoo had to stop at that, to stare at their hyung, then to stare at each other.

 

“Wait I’m Anku! Anku Gyu! You heard that, right? Yes… at least I’m the man. I’m the man haha.” Jihoon patted his back, welcoming him to the ‘husband’ club? Still, it was a relief he took it well. Wonwoo, not so much. He had to cup his head, suddenly feeling a bit dizzy with the realization. Is Meanie so shippable that even strangers with the same names, or at least nicknames, were matched together? Now it was the others’ turn to laugh. They should have seen it coming, not even Jun had a protest to that, and let’s say it was Karma.

 

They were laughing at the two who were just funny looking like polar opposites. Mingyu was obviously very relieved, Wonwoo was still in his shock corner, tuning out even Seokmin who was hoping to make him smile again.

 

Seokmin making an effort also got the attention of Chan who caught the expression on the bespectacled hyung. His small eyebrows furrowed. He had put his bear to the side to reach for Wonwoo and to gently pat his hand.

 

“Awty Wonu, okay? Need Anku Gyu? Chan call Anku Gyu?” The little boy was so sweet to be concerned like that. It would be more appreciated if he just didn’t make it seem like he depended on Mingyu so much. But, Wonwoo can’t resist the chubby hands who kept patting his hand. Chan was just so innocent and cute! He gave him a smile and caressed his soft hair.

 

“I’m fine, Chan. Thank you for being concerned.”

 

“Call Anku Gyu?” Oh goodness, if he didn’t look so adorable when he asked that. Not helping was the mentioned ‘husband’ who was smiling so dorkishly at them.

 

“Wonu is really okay, little one. No need… *cough* no need to call Gyu.” 

 

Joshua was really enjoying this. Chan was so sweet! His real aunts and uncles must be really lucky to have him, especially his parents for having a wonderful son. 

 

Most of the child’s attention was now on Wonwoo, and his thighs were also starting to get numb. Maybe he can pass him to his dongsaeng…

 

“No no! Chan no hurt Awty Wonu! Awty Soo, no!” Again they were at a surprise, Jisoo more when the boy refused to be transferred to Wonwoo’s lap. Despite many assurances that it will be okay and that he won’t hurt Won (Mingyu had even stepped in hoping he will listen to him but to no avail), Chan can’t be persuaded so he had landed on their tallest instead. He was now sitting closer to his hyung since Chan seemingly became interested in Wonwoo but wouldn’t sit on him for some reason. Weird.

 

“Awty Wonu, is Junnie sleeping? Chan no feel Junnie.” 

 

Minghao and Joshua were patting Jun, sort of celebrating the mention of his name. But Jun was sharp, observing the boy more who was gently caressing Won’s tummy. He had gulped when it clicked. Meanwhile, another smirk found on Vernon's lips. 

 

“Jun hyung might not even be born yet. Wonu hyung’s pregnant.” Vernon had to flinch when Seungkwan had slapped his thigh. “What? It makes sense. Why hyung would need Mingyu hyung, why Chan doesn’t want to sit on him because he will ‘hurt’ him, why Chan is talking to his tummy!” Seungkwan can make it out too, the others also for sure, but…

 

“I get it but… you don’t have to make it sound like it’s actually hyung. Chan’s referring to his aunt and her baby, Sol. Saying it like that is just weird. Look, you’ve made Won hyung freeze.” As Seungkwan said, Wonwoo had stopped caressing the little boy’s hair to stare at where his chubby hand was caressing. He could feel his breath grow shallow. He’d be fine if he was just the mother but to have it like this? Pregnant? Oh, goodness. This was not… oh why did it have to be him?

 

“Oh! Oh! Hoho! I knew it! Meanie for the win! And now, the proof of their love! Hahaha!” Mingyu was tuning out the loud outburst of Hoshi to stare at Wonwoo then to his tummy. His hyung who had met his gaze tutted, albeit it was obvious he was flustered. 

 

“S-stop it, Gyu. There’s no baby in there. Jun’s over there. Don’t… Don’t be thinking of weird stuff.” Wonwoo felt uncomfortable with the situation and it showed. He brushed the hand of Chan that stayed on his stomach, hoping to get it off of him but the child had looked up to him with his smile that just radiated happiness… and he knew he can't do it. 

 

"Chan hyung protect Junnie. Hyung loves aegi." Wonwoo can't with the weird feeling but… how can he disappoint this sweet boy? Inhale and exhale. That was the way, breathe and endure. Yes, breathe and… 

 

"Chan-ah, Junnie must be tired from playing in his M-mommy."

 

All heads turned to Mingyu who was gently lifting the child off of Wonwoo. The latter had also looked at his dongsaeng. He was definitely embarrassed, but still very much grateful for the effort of the younger. He sent a small, shy smile as thanks. And Mingyu was very relieved that he did the right thing. Unconsciously, he gave a fond smile which Wonwoo received well. He felt relaxed at the sight of Mingyu. Alright. He can bear with this. 

 

"Junnie must have been wanting to play with his Chan hyung that he kept moving, Chan-ah. He must be tired so he needs to sleep, okay? Shhh." Wonwoo playfully brought a finger to his lips to hush the boy who smiled so happily at what he said and had copied the hushing gesture of the older. 

 

Mingyu was worried for Wonwoo but found himself chuckling with much relief at the cute interaction of the two. He knew just how Meanie became too much that it made his hyung uncomfortable. Even he was overwhelmed by the fans. But he was relieved, so relieved to receive a smile from his hyung, and he knew it was the sincere one. Wonwoo was genuinely alright, and everyone could let go of the breath they were holding. 

 

"I'm fine. He's just a child, he doesn't mean harm. Plus, it's not us. He's just missing his aunts and uncles and we need to support him with all we've got. If it's him, I can do it. Thank you, Gyu, for always backing me up. You must be uncomfortable too?" 

 

Mingyu shrugged his shoulder. "A bit? But I really don't mind it. I'm more worried for you, Won. And also little Chan here." 

 

Jihoon can't deny, the two would make great fathers someday and their kids would be the luckiest. Chan was at their middle and they took turns playing with him. Cuddles and tickles, yup, their kids will be so lucky. Woozi had managed to break from the sight, only to see Jun getting a bit teary. That immediately turned his worry on for his brother. He got up from his place to silently slip in next to the dancer.

 

"Jun-ah, what's wrong?" It was a whisper, and while everyone had their attention on Chan and Minwon, The8 heard his hyung and had turned to see Jun in his state. Jun just gave them a smile, wiping off the tears and quickly dismissing their fretting. He told them he was alright just… 

 

"I'm happy Junnie's gonna have loving parents. I can imagine from Wonu and Mingyu that his parents will be just amazing and… and will be together to love him so much. He will be so loved." And Jihoon and Minghao can only nod and let the elder Chinese be happy, because they knew how much of a happy imagine it was for him. 

 

Hoshi had also broken from the lovely sight to look at his paper. Wait… 

 

He quickly scrambled up and got his phone, sitting in front of the child then holding the gadget at him. He got it, he knew who his parents are, or at least their names if the coincidence will be so freaky to have this also match up. 

 

"Nyoung , what are you…" 

 

"Chan, who are these?" Mingyu and Joshua, no, everyone had peered, squeezing themselves if they must, to look at the image displayed on the tiger phone. 

 

Seungcheol and Jeonghan. 

 

"P-papa, m-mama!" Bingo, they got it! So all they need to do is to search for people with the same characters as their names, or at least close to it. But first… 

 

"Hoon! Call Seungcheol and Jeonghan hyung. They need to be here. Get it on speaker so we can help in explaining." Joshua was on the move as well as the other members. Finally, they were on to something! He, Woozi, Jun and the maknaes waited for the line to pick up while the rest was with Chan, hoping to calm the boy who had begun crying again at the picture of his 'parents'. He was currently in Soonyoung's arms, being carried and rocked by the said uncle. 

 

The line clicked, faster than they could've expected from their leader who was said to be in a meeting with their producers. Doesn't matter, their hyungs need to know this - 

 

"Jihoon?! Any news on Chan?" Everyone paused at the voice that quickly filled the room. It was definitely Seungcheol's but...  it was different? 

 

"Cheol? Who's that? Wait, I can hear Chan! Our baby!" A female voice came in, and again there was that feeling - it was familiar but also strange. Are they Chan's parents? But Woozi was sure he called their leader's number. 

 

"Jihoon! Are you with Chan? Please tell us he's with you." the composing genius doesn't know anymore. How do they know his name? He wanted to be more concerned but the parents… they sounded really worried about their missing child… but it can't be he's calling S. Coups's number. How… 

 

"Hoon, try taking them to Chan. Let's just do with what we have right now and make sense of it later." Woozi was still unsure. However, the assurance he was getting from Joshua was enough. Alright, he'll do this. 

 

"C-Cheol hyung, he's with me. He's safe and…" 

 

"Really?! Oh goodness! Hear that, Han? Our baby's alright.” Han. She’s Han. Jeonghan hyung… hearing a female voice with that name was getting to their nerves. Jihoon was tempted to pass the phone to others but it would have made things more complicated, he thought. The parents recognize him (?) If Chan would be an indicator, they probably wouldn’t know Jun and their dongsaengs. They would be expecting a feminine tone from Jisoo too. Let’s avoid questions for now. Something was up and they wanted to figure it out before it became a mess.

 

"Thank you, thank you so much Jihoon-ah! Can we talk to Chan? He must've been so scared." Came the female voice. A shiver might have gone through Hoon, still he was able to steel himself and bring the phone to the crying boy on Soonyoung's shoulder. 

 

"Channie, it's mommy baby! Papa's here with me. Are you okay? You're a brave boy, Chan. I-I shouldn’t have left you… My baby… Ch-Chan, mama’s so s-sorry, baby..." Chan had caught the voice of his mama and was slowly calming down, hiccuping and whimpering to hold the phone with Jihoon. 

 

"M-mama, where you? Chan miss mama and papa."

 

Seungkwan felt for the mom who was probably sobbing so hard behind the line. They could hear her shaky breaths and choked sobs. She was repeatedly mumbling her sorry for her missing baby and was hiccupping and struggling with her words.

 

"Jeonghan, love, shhh it's not your fault. Chan will be more upset to hear his mama like this." the members don't know what to feel. Be surprised at the name of the mother, or be pulled by the emotions of ‘Jeonghan’ and her husband. The auspicious feeling they’ve got… it was growing more intense. The situation was getting weirder and the hyungs were growing concerned. Wonwoo felt a hand coming to grip his. It was Dokyeom’s, and he saw how scared the younger was getting. He gave a firm grip back, making sure his warmth will be passed on to the main vocal. “It’s gonna be okay, Kyeom-ah.” DK nodded at him. Though there was still shakiness to him, he trusted his hyung. Hopefully, he was right.

 

"Channie, baby. This is papa. We're gonna come get you, okay? Don't cry anymore. Chan's our brave little boy, right? Papa's so proud of you, baby. Hush, now. Mama and papa loves you, Chan!" 

 

The boy sniffled last before cutely wiping away his tears. He listened to his papa well. He's definitely their brave little Chan. 

 

"C-Chan loves mama *hiccup* a-and papa!" 

 

"That's our boy! Hoon. Where are you right now? We're getting on our cars; Mingyu and Seokmin will be coming with us. Don't worry, Soonyoung will have Shua and Wonwoo helping her with Hao."

 

Jihoon had to look at Joshua for a reply and when the elder couldn't give him one, he turned to Jun. Unfortunately, that was also no help - Jun felt the pressure of an answer and had only returned the pressure back at him by urging him, with hand gestures, to come up with anything-

 

"Practice room." He just blurted and all of them froze. Woozi was growing scared, everyone is too, and they do not know if he should have answered just that. But what more can they say. No one really knows what to make of what's happening anymore.

 

"What? Jihoon, where is that? Jihoon? Can you give me the address? Maybe I can make it out in the GPS…" 

 

At that time, people entered their room. At the click of the door, they jumped, startled. Their strange reaction made it obvious something was up, and the newcomers could tell it was something serious. They didn’t like it. Something was troubling their beloved dongsaengs.

 

"What's going on?" 

 

They were afraid to turn. They knew the voice; they can’t be mistaken. But turning around would confirm the impossible and they were unsure if they could take it.

 

“Shua, what’s wrong with the kids? Han, leave the bag there and get Chan. I’m calling for a meeting.” It was them, definitely them.

 

“Hello? Jihoon are you still with us? Please Jihoon, is everything okay? Is there something wrong with Chan? Han, can you take the phone and get to Hoon? He’s not responding? Try calling him again.” But who are these? It’s the same number. It shouldn’t have been them. They shouldn’t have been here.

 

The line cut off at the same time Seungcheol had reached Jihoon. If they weren’t gonna look at them, the two eldest will be the one to come to them. 

 

“Who were you talking to? Is it the company? Why are you so tense?” None of them were talking, and it was getting on to S.coups. He looked at Jeonghan who was obviously growing worried as well.

 

“Y-you. We were talking with you.” Him? But it can’t be. Seungcheol got his phone out, showing it to the others. It was closed, it hadn’t been used. “I didn’t receive even a single message while we were gone. What are you talking about?” They could feel the room grew colder. 

 

Seungkwan and Seokmin were near crying. Jeonghan immediately went to them to give them a hug. “What’s wrong Kwan-ah, Kyeom? Please tell hyungs.” The younger vocal was about to say something when the phone in Jihoon’s hand lit up again. Someone was calling him, and to their greater horror, it displayed the ID name of his hyung who was standing in front of them.

 

“I t-told you. It was you we were talking to.” Seungcheol can read, and he cannot be mistaken. It was his name, his number on Jihoon’s phone.

 

“Wha-what?”

 

“Hoon, answer it. Let’s just get this over with.” Joshua finally spoke, getting the attention of both Seungcheol and Jeonghan. 

 

“Shua? No. What if they’re -” They were put to a stop when their friend pulled down the blanket  on Hoshi’s shoulder, revealing a sleeping toddler.

 

“He’s Chan, and we were talking to his parents.” An idea was forming in his mind. It was impossible but everything had gone so freaky that it may be not so impossible anymore. 

 

At Joshua’s confidence, Woozi answered the phone. 

 

“Jihoon! Ha… Cheol, he finally answered. Thank goodness you answered, Jihoon-ah! Please, can you make out where you are right now. We’re on speaker. Even just directions, Hoon. We’ll find a way to get to you.” 

 

The leader furrowed his brows, it awfully resembled the gentle tone of…

 

“Joshua, who’s she. I think she’s familiar-”

 

“Jeonghan. She’s Jeonghan, your wife.” All 12 pairs of eyes went to look at him in surprise.

 

“What do you mean? It’s me, Shua? And wife? This isn’t funny.” 

 

“But I’m not joking.” It doesn’t feel right, having a staring match with his brother like this. He was used to those eyes looking so gentle and caring not… not this one hinting fear.

 

“Hyung, you know it’s not us. It’s just coincidences.” The8 grabbed his attention next. There was hesitation in his eyes. And he knew Hao must have gotten the same idea with him but he wanted to deny it. Joshua understood why. An alternate universe existing, and it clashed with their reality? Who would have believed that. But as he looked at the sleeping boy, he knew the child was proof enough. They had to accept it, at least for Chan.

 

“Coincidences don’t get too accurate like this, Ei-sa. Hoon, pass me the phone.” And Jihoon did as he was told, a bit relieved he was rid of the burdensome phone. Joshua took a breath, he can do this. He felt a hand slid in his and that gave him more strength. “You can do it Shua hyung.” ‘Thank you, Seokmin.’ 

 

“Hello?  T-this is Hong Jisoo.”

 

“Jisoo? Why are you with Hoon. Does Kyeom even know you’re -”

 

“Jeonghan… Chan’s safe. He’s sleeping right now but um... we’re from an alternate universe. Does that… does that make sense?” They were surprised to hear the car screeched to a sudden stop.

 

“Hello…?”

 

“Yes.” Huh? It was Seungcheol and frustration can be heard from his tone. But more importantly, yes? The alternate universe makes sense? Could it possibly be?

 

“Sorry, it makes sense I mean. We have friends… the Kim’s. Kim Mingyu and Kim Wonwoo, they’re doctors and they were working on a machine that just did that. Ughh… Jeonghan call Gyu. I’m gonna give him a serious talking on their experiments!”

 

“Cheol…”

 

“Don’t worry. I’m just gonna give him a scolding, nothing too damaging. I’m also not gonna bother Won. I’m not gonna be responsible for Jun coming early. Call him, Han. Call Minie too.” 

 

Seventeen was frozen. An alternate universe? Just how were they supposed to deal with that? Joshua gave a start when the line came alive again. “Jisoo, right? Um, can I speak with your Seungcheol?” S.coups looked at him, frightened. He didn’t want to take that call but he had no choice when Jisoo had shoved the phone to him. (“Let’s get it, leader Cheol!”)

 

“Umm t-this is Seungcheol.”

 

“Ah yeah, I’m Seungcheol too hahaha…”Jeonghan would want to laugh at these cute dorks if it weren’t for his baby vocals in his arms. 

 

“Seungcheol-ah, okay this is weird hahaha… um can you give us specific details about your world. Date, year, profession, significant events? Everything that you’d think will be useful. Once we get in contact with our Mingyu and Wonwoo, we’ll be asking you more questions so I hope you bear with us. Han? You wanted to say something? Ah, wait. Jeonghan wanted to tell you something too.”

 

“Thank you thank you for taking good care of our baby. We’ll try our best to get to him soon but until then, I hope you can continue to care for him. He’s a bright kid, a bit mischievous but definitely a good child. Seungcheol and Jeonghan, fill him with love for us, okay? And to his aunts and uncles there… oh, no females? Really Cheol? Um, okay… to his uncles, help fill in the love so that it’s overflowing, please. Chan… Chan’s our everything and we and our friends want nothing less for him.”