✧ Soompi 1

Electra ✧ Apply Open

HOME     NEWS     GALLERY     EXCLUSIVES     FORUM     SHOP

 

SME’s announces new girl group named Electra

Yoon Maeri | October 29, 2020

580 x 386

On October 28, SM's official Twitter retweeted one post from a brand new Twitter account from something called 'Electra'. The post that was retweeted was a flashy and electric looking logo. Many fans are speculating that this is the new girl group that SM had once talked about debuting sometime in 2020.

Updated October 29 KST:

SM Entertainment has confirmed that they will be debuting a new girl group in the coming days. After releasing the mysterious logo for Electra, later that day the company confirmed what the fans had been speculating. SM Entertainment revealed that Electra was the name of their new girl group. The company has stated that the name 'Electra' means 'amber' thus meaning 'shining' and 'incandescent'. The group is supposedly going to showcase how the group and each member will shine. As well as be a beacon of light for their fans.

Electra will be SM's first new girl group since Red Velvet's debut in 2014. It will be the company's first new group overall since NCT's debut in 2016.

SM will release more news in the coming days. Please, stay tuned for further news on this new group.

TAGS

SM ENTERTAINMENT
ELECTRA

PREVIOUS STORY

11 K-Pop Songs With A Touch Of Jazz.

NEXT STORY

Mnet’s “Kingdom” Reportedly To Begin Filming In January.

Sign in                                                                             287 people listening580 x 131
Newest | Oldest | Top Comments

kookiejojo • 1 hour ago

I've been waiting soo long for this! I'm soo excited!

Like    Reply

baerene_09 • 2 hours ago

Hey, wasn't SM suppose to debut another GG around this time? Is this the one? Or is this another one? Also, I really hope Red Velvet will be okay. I really don't want them to go away. 

Like    Reply

Lime • 2 hours ago

Haha, of course, SM would announce a new girl group to try and cover up their RV scandal. How shameless. With the way, they treated f(x), goodbye RV. They are totally tossed to the wind.

Like    Reply

Phantastic • 3 hours ago

As much as SM has shady ways, I am interested in this GG. I do think the group's name is cool and I like the meaning behind it. Hopefully, it's not a cutesy type of girl group. I really hope they do a girl crush type of concept.

Like    Reply