it’s a catastrophe from ceiling to floor

let's play pretend, let's act like it comes naturally (we look happy in our family portrait)

Bora’s panicked reaction made everyone in the room turn back at her.

“The men you encountered are part of a dangerous group that has been involved in several gruesome crimes…” the chief paused, wondering how much he could reveal.

Agent Kim took over, “We have had people willing to testify against them but they always end up disappearing or dying of mysterious circumstances. You are the first witnesses in months we could get a hold of,  with your testimony we could start a trial soon and put them behind bars once and for all.”

Bora swallowed hard, a million thoughts racing through her head. 

I could probably move back with my parents, if I explain the situation to Handong and Minji they’ll surely follow me. Moreso knowing they are part of this mess. It’s probably safer to leave the city knowing that they know of my existence… even if they don’t know I’m a vampire, but they’ll surely find out soon if they’re hellbent of getting rid of anyone that crosses their path.

Her worried eyes swept all over the room until they settled on the child and her mother, even though her mind screamed to run the hell away from this city, there was something inside her telling her to stay and protect the pair in front of her.

“We’ll put you under WITSEC together”, Agent Kim told them. “It is unusual but this is a special case. While you’re under no obligation to enter the program, we strongly suggest you do since your testimony would be vital to the case and your lives are in danger either way.”

It seemed like Bora really had no choice but to follow the agent’s order. Her eyes settled on the child’s mother who was intently looking at her.

“I’ll do anything to protect Hyejoo”, the woman’s jaw was set, her gaze defiant as if daring Bora to do anything that would put them in danger.

Bora faced Agent Kim once again and with a heavy sigh said, “I’ll do whatever you need me to do”.


Her mind had been running a mile a minute trying (and failing) to find a solution for the mess she was in.

(So far, she had none)

While Agent Kim explained the logistics of their whole plan, Bora had been unable to focus on whatever the woman was saying, just nodding here and there to try and appear interested in the plan that would (hopefully) save their lives.

It had been two long hours before Agent Kim had taken the woman -who she only knew as Miss Lee so far- and Hyejoo aside to finally question the child since her mother was finally present.

They had left the room with the chief not far behind them, leaving Bora alone in the little office.

What am I gonna do?, she put her head in her hands and screamed in frustration.

Her cellphone was nowhere to be found and her petition to contact someone had been denied for “security reasons”. The chief and Agent Kim the less people knew about her whereabouts the better, which sounded fair in the situation she was in but there was no way in hell she could not tell Handong about it.

After not getting back home after her date, Handong would surely assume she had spent the night at her date’s house and had woken up early the next day waiting for Bora’s walk of shame.  

When that didn’t happen, Handong would blow up her phone until Bora told her the juicy details about the night before; and when her calls or text met no answer she would surely assume something bad had happened, since Bora always called or texted her back to assure her she was fine.

Someone whistling a soft tune interrupted her train of thought, it seemed like whoever was making that sound was coming near the office she was in.

Without hesitation, Bora got up on her feet and hurriedly opened the door, sticking her head out the door.

There was a young officer distractedly making his way down the hall, his eyes focused on whatever he was doing on his phone.

It was like a lightbulb lit up on her head, she looked around and after seeing the hallway was empty she called the officer over.

“Excuse me, officer?”

At the unexpected call, the young officer seemed to lose composure for a second before clearing his throat and gathering his bearings. 

“H-how can I help you, ma’am?”

Bora pulled him inside the room and before he could complain she looked right into his eyes. The man seemed confused for a second before his gaze became blank.

“You’re going to give me your phone”, Bora’s words were kind of slow but strong, her eyes never leaving the man’s, “let me make a call, and after I give your phone back to you, you’ll forget this ever happened”.

Bora extended her hand and smirked once the man complied with her instructions.

Sure, messing with someone else’s mind was something the council highly frowned upon, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

Since time was not on her side, Bora quickly dialed the number she knew by heart.

Kim Han Residence”, Handong’s voice on the other side of the line almost made Bora weep.

“Handong, listen…”

“Bora? What-”

“...I don’t have much time but we have a Code Ostrich”

“You’re near a zombie or about to become one?”

“No! That's a Code Pill Bug!”, Bora discreetly peeked through one of the blinds, she could see Agent Kim coming back with Miss Lee and Hyejoo, “Look I don’t have much time”

“Bora? What is going on?”, Bora’s panicked voice worried Handong, “Where are-”

Bora interrupted her again, her words coming out of as fast as she could say them, “I’m going under that program and won’t get to see you and the girls soon, don't worry about me…”

“You’re going under witness-”

“I love you all, bye!”

She cut the call and put the phone back on the officer’s hand, he blinked several times and seemed really confused about where he was.

Agent Kim entered the room and sized the officer up, “Can I help you with something, officer?”

“No, I…”, the officer scratched his head. Once he saw Agent Kim’s fierce gaze he gulped and left the room without another word.

“Did he say something?”, Agent Kim asked Bora.

“I think he was looking for the chief? I don’t know, he came in a few seconds before you did”

“Uh”

It seemed like Agent Kim bought it and Bora sighed in relief, at least Handong now knew about the situation, hopefully Bora could try and contact her once she was in a safe place.

A body cuddling into her made her jump in her seat.

Hyejoo had cuddled right into her side, Bora hesitated for a second and looked at Miss Lee, who seemed in awe or something.

With a tilt of her head Bora asked for permission to cuddle Hyejoo back, which she did after Miss Lee gave her a slight nod.

“Ehem”, Agent Kim cleared , making both women turn to look at her, “It seems like everything is now in order. Another agent will drive you to the safe house you’ll be staying in, and the agent in charge of your safety will tell you everything you need to know once you arrive”.


It felt like it had been hours -when in reality it had been no more than 30 minutes- since they left the station and were ushered into a (totally inconspicuous) pink van.

The three witnesses were seated on the back of the van, the only thing that separated them from the front seats was a one way window, which meant that they were basically blind to the road they were taking.

Hyejoo had attached herself to Bora’s side as soon as they were in the van, earning another curious glance from her mother, and it didn’t take long for the girl to fall asleep in Bora’s arms.

To be honest Bora didn’t mind the girl being clingy with her, it actually settled her nervous self a little to have that comfort. In any other situation she would have found it weird, but there was something about Hyejoo and her mother that made her feel safe.

“She really likes you”, Miss Lee’s voice was full of wonder.

Bora turned to look at her and blushed at the other woman’s sharp gaze.

“We bonded a little during those awful moments, Miss Lee”, she caressed the sleeping girl's hair.

“Siyeon”

“Uh?”

“My name is Siyeon, Lee Siyeon”

Bora stuck out her hand to Siyeon, “Kim Bora”.

As soon as their hands made contact, Bora felt like electricity ran down her body, her breath hitched and a warm feeling settled all over her chest.

What was that?, the van going through a pothole disconnected their hands, making Bora forget about the weird sensation she felt mere seconds ago.

Hyejoo’s head had apparently bumped against the seat, making her whine in her sleep, Bora immediately caressed the affected part and settled the girl back to sleep.

“Hyejoo is not usually fond of strangers”, Siyeon broke the silence that had settled over the van, “She is really shy”, the woman let out a little laugh that seemed a bit hollow, “and seems to have really high walls for a six year old”.

Bora didn’t know what to say, but there was something inside of her that wanted to comfort the woman in front of her.

“Well, I am glad she’s fond of me. I wouldn’t have made it if it wasn’t for her”.

Her words seemed to lift a weight off Siyeon’s shoulders.

“Thank you, for saving her”

Siyeon and Bora looked straight into the other’s eyes, trying to convey with a look what they couldn’t say with words.

Soon enough, a comfortable silence enveloped them, and after a few minutes the van’s movements lulled them to sleep.

Someone shaking her woke Bora up, she stretched her arms above her head and let out a loud groan.

A giggle made her remember she was not alone. Hyejoo’s cheeky smile greeted her, Bora stuck out her tongue at her, making the girl do the same thing back. 

“It seems like we are here”, Siyeon interrupted their silly game.

The drive to the safe house had been extremely long, it seemed that they were not only leaving the city but the state too; and according to Siyeon (and her watch), they had been on the road for more than 12 hours.

(Bora was actually surprised she had slept that long, it seemed like the really bad day she had had the day before was finally taking its toll on her).

With the car coming to a stop, the reality of the situation came back into both women’s minds, after they got out of the car there was no turning back. Their lives were about to change forever.

The backdoors to the van opened and a dark sky greeted them, the moon their only witness on this lonely street.

When she stepped out of the van, with Hyejoo following closely behind her, Bora scanned their surroundings. It seemed like they were in some kind of suburb, rows of two story houses with white picket fences extended along the street.

Since it was the middle of the night, the street around them was quiet, it seemed like the whole neighborhood had agreed to turn in early and let the new arrivals have some peace before whatever the place had in store for them began.

The officers walked them to what seemed to be their safehouse, one of the two houses at the end of the street; they seemed to radio someone and await for confirmation of something.

The front door suddenly opened, and a small woman with short light brown hair came out of the house; she wore black jeans and a red leather jacket with black sleeves, if it weren’t for the FBI badge hanging around her neck they would have mistaken her for an ordinary citizen.

“Hello ladies, I am Agent Lee Dami and I’m going to be the agent in charge of your case”

She shook Siyeon’s hand first with an impassive face before doing the same with the other woman, but despite Agent Lee’s poker face, Bora could see the mischief dancing in her eyes as they shook hands.

While the Agent walked to the open door, Siyeon took her daughter’s hand in hers who in turn took Bora’s with her free hand, the two women exchanged a soft but nervous look before walking into what was going to be their home for an unknown amount of time.

Agent Lee followed behind them and said, “Welcome to your new life”, before closing the door.


 

title taken from: i made a mess -they might be giants

hope you liked this new chapter!!! let me know what you think so far!
for real this time, imma try to update sooner lol, i seem to forget that imagining the story in my head won't make it magically appear in here.
also!! someone asked me last chapter what kind of powers vampires have in this fic *eyes emoji*
So far Bora has heightened senses (her "vampy senses" too), she can go fast, and do some weird mind control .

come yell at me:
twitter: @anothershipper
cc: /anothershipper