Chapter 7

The Moon Looks Beautiful Tonight

 

SEULGI

 

What was that? I thought she gave me that potion because she wants to be forgotten? Then why is she like… right there? With Wendy??? In her arms??

Girls. So hard to understand. Am I right? 

So anyway, after knocking Wendy unconscious (I’m sorry for that, Wen), I carried her back to camp. 

“Kang, I think you hit her a little too hard. She’s still unconscious.”

“Shut up Joy. Or you’d end up lying down beside Wendy. Unconscious and with a bruise. Try me.”

“Gosh, why are you so cranky? Time of the month?”

 

I was about to really bonk her head when she raised her hands defensively and excused herself.

 

“Fine! Keep up the attitude, Kang, I like that” And she finally goes with a wink and a flying kiss. She pouted when I just stared at her and didn’t even catch her flying kiss. Psh. So childish. I’ll get that kiss off the floor later when no one’s around. I keep it for keepsies. 

 

“Ahh.. Ouch… Where am I?”

“Oh, wow you’re finally awake. What were you thinking, climbing up that tree? You’re lucky you didn’t break any bones or something.”

“Wha- oh… yeah right… I fell from a tree… was I hallucinating earlier as well…?”

“Yes, you are. Anyway, you can rest here for a while, go to sleep. I’ll check on you later. Good night Wendy.”

“Yeah.. yeah okay. Thanks, Seul.”

 

Good thing I only fed Wendy half of that potion a few years back… Now it’s all gone… Does it still affect her the same? Well… I hope it does. And Aphrodite… what was she doing there as well? 

 

Looking back at Wendy, I can see the girl’s now sleeping peacefully. 

 

What have you gotten yourself into, Wendy?

 

I was about to leave when I remembered Joy’s flying kiss. Where did it land? 






 

 

 

 

APHRODITE

 

“Wow, I didn’t know my presence could affect her like that. Oh, hi Artemis. Didn’t see you there. What a lovely forest this is… Oh look you’re still here”

“What was that? What did you do? What are you doing here?”

“Calm down, please. No need to be so mad, I didn’t do anything to her. I believe my presence or let’s say my aura, woke up an emotion directed to a certain someone. It has always been there in her, I just made her realize what’s that feeling she’s hiding. And why are you so mad? You should be thanking me! I know you’ve been stalking that girl. Were you not satisfied enough? You wanted more? Should have I brought Eros with me? That’s more of his specialty.”

“Please, Aphrodite. Whatever it is that you want to do, keep Wendy out of it.”


 

I’m sorry, no. I have waited so long for this to happen. I know we’re not allowed to wage war with one another, but I assure you there would be no war. I’ll simply be there, watching how this whole thing would unfold. 

You reader may not know, so allow me to explain. I was never fond of Artemis and her Hunters. I think you understand why?

In case you don’t let me explain. I am Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty. Most of your kind believes I am one of those ‘weaker’ type of goddess. Yet a lot of you don’t know, my roots were more ancient than most of these gods, even Zeus. I came from white sea foam, produced by the severed s of Uranus himself. And my powers have caused a lot more impact throughout your history. Oh, how can I forget the battle of Troy? How Helen’s decision of coming with Paris caused a war? Every other war that happened all these years, they were all fueled by love.  And also, come to think of it. Everything that you do, every decision you make is affected by love, yes? 

 

So anyway, back to Artemis. This little goddess has been roaming around the world, recruiting maidens to join her Hunt. In exchange for immortality, you have to swear off love? How boring is that? Imagine living for hundreds of years, being single? How does that even make sense? This goddess has been limiting my source of entertainment since she started recruiting modern demigods and even mortals as well.  And so, that’s how I came up with this plan. Let’s see how Artemis plays this game I set up. 


 

“I’m not even doing anything, Artemis. I just happened to be here. See if my suspicions were right.”

 

“What suspicions are you even talking about?”

 

“Hmm. I can tell you. But where’s the fun in that?”

 

“Whatever. I’m not interested. I shall take my leave. Go and enjoy this forest as you wish.” 


 

Oh… let’s see what your next step would be, knowing I have found out your fondness for the human girl.

 

I want to see what happens if Artemis, the maiden goddess, falls in love.