R7. Daifuku-mochi

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

Title: Daifuku-mochi

 

Summary: Taeyeon thought Tiffany hated her and Tiffany thought she’s pronouncing the right words to impress Taeyeon.

 

A/N:

 

Hi,

Daifuku is a glutinous rice cake with red bean paste filling. My drunk thought this is so stupid and random but that’s okay, this is going to be short.

I’m reading your requests! I already have drafts about it so please wait patiently. Thank you for reading! :D

-knurd

 

 

***

 

 

BEGIN.

 

 

 

Taeyeon is a Korean who loves Japanese culture. She speaks the Japanese language like her native tongue. She’s almost a neet who loves anime and cosplaying. She watches anime with no subtitles. Senpai makes her weak and was her dark web. 

 

Then she met a TSUNDERE. Mean, hostile and violent on the outside but a softie on the inside.

 

 

Tiffany Hwang.

 

 

A girl who has a soft face just like mochi and glares like a blade.

 

A softy and sharpy as its finest.

 

 

Taeyeon first met Tiffany at the counselling office of their university. Taeyeon has to deal with her failing marks while Tiffany just got involved in a fight with men who tried to take advantage of a girl by taking nasty insulting words.

 

 

“Why did you have to punch him, Miss Hwang?” the counsellor asked Tiffany who wore bored looks on her face.

 

“He said women do not need to study and meant to be at home for our future is to become housewives so we don’t deserve an education. I have to enlighten his brain and wake him up with the truth.”

 

“That’s his opinion, you didn’t have to go hard like that.”

 

“Stop being biased just because you’re a man as well.”

 

The counsellor sighed exasperatedly, “One demerit, you may leave.”

 

‘Well, .’

 

 

Taeyeon overheard everything. Tiffany sat beside her and closed her eyes to calm herself.

 

 

“He’s a prick,” Taeyeon commented.

 

“Totally.”

 

“Hi,” Taeyeon tried to greet her. Tiffany’s face was stern and her eyes are cautious and screamed violence if you ever with her vibe.

 

“Hello.” Tiffany still has the courtesy to greet her back and that made Taeyeon smile.

 

 

And Tiffany somehow took interest in her, “I’m hungry.”

 

 

“Oh, right. It’s almost lunchtime.” Taeyeon looked at her watch.

 

“Let’s have lunch together?”

 

‘Huh?’

 

“U-Uh...okay.”

 

 

 

Tiffany on the other hand is an exchange student. She’s from America. Liberal as and confidently high all the time. She’s always up for a fight towards guys who look down at girls. Her confidence lights up the room and the entire campus looks up to her for her beauty.

 

 

Taeyeon is no exception. 

 

 

To subtle glances, touches and small talks… Indeed she felt an attraction between both of them.

 

 

“You’re cute.” Tiffany complimented Taeyeon one day and Taeyeon heart leapt.

 

“Would you like to go out sometime?” Taeyeon took a chance of fate and asked.

 

“Sure thing!” Tiffany smiled at her like a ray of sunshine.

 

 

 

They went out for a few times before Taeyeon decided it’s the right day to confess her feelings. For Tiffany, she’ll leave all her senpai aspirations. Having an American girlfriend is somehow not a bad idea.

 

 

‘Are there any right words to say I love you?’

 

 

 

So imagine Taeyeon’s horror and disappointments when Tiffany suddenly became unfriendly towards her when all Taeyeon did was ask her favourite food.

 

 

“You like Japanese food?” Tiffany asked her.

 

Taeyeon nodded, “Very much! Mochi is my favourite! What’s yours?” she asked excitedly.

 

 

Tiffany was suddenly quiet before she spoke.

 

 

“Die--you-much.”

 

 

And the latter excused herself to go to the bathroom and didn’t come back anymore.

 

‘What did I do?’

 

That made Taeyeon depressed the whole week.

 

 

‘She hates me.’

 

 

***

 

Meanwhile, from Tiffany’s perspective, being a foreigner is hard and impressing Taeyeon is way harder since she knows nothing about her number one interest.

 

 

JAPAN.

 

 

So, she asked for her friend’s help, Choi Sooyoung, a girl who studied in Japan for a year.

 

 

“Soo, please help me, what should I do to impress Taeyeon?” she asked frustratedly.

 

 

‘She’s that desperate.’

 

 

“Taeyeon? As in the girl who looks like a walking live-action anime?” Sooyoung said before she burst into a series of laughter.

 

“I don’t watch anime but I’m sure she’s cuter than them.” Tiffany huffed in annoyance or rather being a love-struck fool.

 

 

“Fine, take her to a Japanese restaurant perhaps and try to know her favourite food,” Sooyoung suggested.

 

 

That night, she spent time researching Taeyeon’s SNS and stalked her to find out her favourite food. She saw a post posted three weeks ago by Taeyeon. It looks like tasty glutinous rice with red bean paste and strawberry inside. It has a caption written as:

 

 

‘Daifuku-mochi.’

 

 

When the day came, Tiffany was a mess. Being a confident woman doesn’t work when one is in love. Taeyeon looked so cute in front of her and she just wanted to squish those cheeks and take her home and maybe harass her consensually.

 

 

But it has to be an unfortunate timing that her tummy was having a revolution due to the sashimi they ate. She can’t eat uncooked food but Taeyeon seemed to love it so she ate it regardless. Now she’s having trouble keeping herself together.

 

 

“You like Japanese food?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter