The Door

A little push

It’s been two days since Byuli came and fixed the window. The youngest mentioned nothing about Byuli, but Yonghee caught her staring at the business card that was now taped to the door of the refrigerator a few times. It was obvious the younger girl liked the repair woman but didn’t notice all the flirting that happened.

Yonghee was trying to map out her plan. Byuli will come over if something needs fixing. Yongsun won’t be able to have a say in it because it needs to be fixed. Byuli will flirt, and maybe there is a small chance she will notice. But what can I break? Yonghee was sitting on the couch and looked around the living room. At that moment, the younger blonde pulled open her door violently and ran out down the hallway. At the other end, Yonghee heard the bathroom door slam.

“I’ll break her door…..or at least help it along its way” she murmured. Usually when her sister ran like that to the bathroom she was in there for a while, so Yonghee stood up and went to look for something to help her loosen the door hinges. It was an easy job and soon the door was a little wobbly. Now she just had to wait.

After a few minutes the younger sister walked out the bathroom with a pleased look, and walked to her room. She grabbed the door handle to pull it closed and noticed it was a little wobblier than before. “What happened to the door?” She said.

“You have to stop running to the bathroom and slamming the door. It’ll just get worse.” Yonghee replied.

“You can’t ignore the calls of nature Yong.” Yongsun continued into her room and pulled the door shut. However it was a little too loose and had difficulty fully shutting. It was crooked so the door latch didn’t line up. Yonghee watched her sister try to get it to shut. From the outside she could see the door lift by the handle. Slowly move until it got to the latch and drop again In a not nice manor.

The youngest continued this similar pattern another 3 times until she gave up with a grunt. “Hey Yong” said Yonghee.

“Yeah?”

“Why not call that fix it woman? She lives really close, and she said she’d help us whenever”

“I don’t know…. She seemed like she expected me to invite her to coffee or something and I didn’t. She probably won’t come.” Yong took a deep breath and looked over at the refrigerator where the business card hung. Then looked at her door in disbelief. “It’s okay, I doesn’t have to be closed”

“Yong, call her and get the door fixed. I’m not having another window issue. Do it now or I’ll call and take her to coffee.” Yonghee looked up at the ceiling and then at her sister with a mischievous look. “She is very handsome, and sooo sweet. Maybe I’ll just end up dating her.”

“Don’t you dare! You’re not even biual. She’s probably not even gay!”

“Hmm I don’t know little sister. She made me feel some type of way.” She bit her lip trying to look convincing

“Maybe it just took me awhile to discover myself? Mmmm… yeah.. I’m going to call her for that coffee date and to fix your door.”

Yonghee stood up. “She won’t be able to resist this” motioning to her body curves. She started to walk to the kitchen to get the business card. The youngest ran full force like a cheetah to same place. Shoulder chucking her sister out of the way and snatching the business card.

“I’ll call!” Yongsun pulled the phone from her pocket and dialed the personal number on the back. She waited for Byuli to pick up.

“Hello, who is this?” The woman on the other line said.

“ahhh… this is Byuli correct?”

“yeah?”

“You came to my apartment the other day and fixed our window. Ummm… this is Yongsun….you fixed my window.”

From the other side of the kitchen, Yonghee just watching her mess of a sister attempt to use a phone.

“Oh…haha how are you doing today, beautiful? Well its really nice to have your phone number now. You could’ve just sent me a message. Are you finally going to take me out on that coffee?” Byuli teased.

“ahh….ahh. yes….and m..my door is broken.”

“And how did that happen.”

“I think I get a little too excited sometimes.”

Byuli laughed, “so how about this. I’ll come and look at your door and afterwards we go for coffee?”

“Okay”

“I’ll be over in a few minutes. See you soon”

Yongsun hung up the phone and stared at her sister with a smug look. “Look I called! She’s going to come and fix the door and I’ll repay her with coffee…humpf”

Good job little sister. You got yourself a little date with a really fine woman.”

Yong’s eyes almost bugged out. “Didn’t you hear her before? It is is payment for a simple job. Nothing else. I told you she isn’t gay. Omg I should still look presentable. She’s is beautiful and I don’t want to look bad next to her.”

Ring ring the door bell sounded. The youngest felt defeated and walked to let Byuli in the apartment. Once she opened the door, door again felt like she couldn’t breathe. Byuli also took a deep breath upon looking at the blonde.

Ring ring the door bell sounded. The youngest felt defeated and walked to let Byuli in the apartment. Once she opened the door, door again felt like she couldn’t breathe. Byuli also took a deep breath upon looking at the blonde and had the biggest smile.

“Hello, is this the right house? I didn’t expect an angel to answer the door.” Byuli said

The blonde cracked a little and a small smile formed on her face. “You’re at the right place Byuli. Please come in.”

These two idiots are a match made in heaven but Yong is still too thick to see Byuli is drooling over her thought Yonghee. Who decided to also greet Byuli at the door. “I’m really sorry about having to call you again. My sister can be a little rough sometimes,” she said to the woman.

Yongsun turned around and slapped her sister on the shoulder. “Unnie stop it. It was an accident.”

“I believe you Yongsun. Things like this around the house can happen” Byuli sides with the younger sister. Yongsun turned towards her room with great pride and showed Byuli her door. She showed Byuli that it would latch and that it was basically impossible to close.

Byuli took a look at the door and could easily see that the door was off the hinges and was hanging in a clean manor. Simple slamming of the door wouldn’t cause this. She turned around and looked at Yongsun, who seemed worried about her door not being able to shut. There is no way this angel did this. She thought. She then side glanced at the oldest one. Who was watching both of them like she was entranced in a popular drama. She had a feeling what the oldest one was up to.

“Is my door okay?” Yongsun asked her. “I don’t want to have to sleep with the door open if I don’t have to.

“I can keep you company through the night if you‘re scared Yongsun” Byuli said and reached for a screw driver in her bag. “You won’t be afraid with me around.” She started to screw in the loose hinges.

“I bet you cou……I’m not scared of my door being open. It’s just unnie wouldn’t give me privacy. She take it as an open invitation.”

Byuli heard her studder and smiled. “This will be done in 3 minutes tops, and we’ll have all the privacy we need in the future.”

This made the oldest suddenly cough. The blonde however, didn’t seem to notice Byuli included herself in that sentence.

“ Well I am all finished.” Byuli stepped back and demonstrated the smoothly working door and how it latched close easily. Yongsun looked at Byuli in awe, like she was a fine crafts women.

“So, how about that coffee? I bet you’ll want to get ready quickly and then we can go? I know a little place nearby. My friend works there.” Byuli said to Yongsun. “Would you like me to wait outside for you?”

“aahhh, ahhh. No no just wait inside. I’ll be quick.” Yongsun ran into her and shut the door very nicely, like it was made of fine quality wood. This made Byuli laugh.

“So, how did that door “break” exactly?” she said to the older woman.

“I had a slight feeling you’d notice my handy work” yonghee said pushing her self off the wall she was leaning on. “Come sit with me over here”

“You see, I’m sorry to put you into this mess. My sister is a lost cause. She’s out and proud but so oblivious to woman. When you came over to fix her window it just seemed you too clicked. You flirted so much and she seemed so smitten by you. She kept staring at your card for days but wouldn’t call for coffee. So I did what I could. To give her a little push. I’m sorry to assume your uality. Please forgive me, I’m just a worried sister.”

“It’s okay, you didn’t assume wrong about me. Your sister is…..incredibly beautiful and I was hoping she’d call. I can tell she’s a little dense but it’s so adorable. I can tell she’s cracking. She’ll enjoy the coffee date… I hope. I really appreciate the push. Just don’t break anything on purpose anymore haha”

Yonghee looked down a little embarrassed. “I won’t, but there are a few things I’d like fixed and I’ll pay for them. Plus you’d get to spend more time trying to crack my sister.”

“It would be an honor. Then I’d also get to know my future sister sister in law.” Byuli smirked.

“Omg. You might both kill me. I’ll give you my number and contact you about what we need done.” Yonghee handed her a piece of paper. Byuli slipped it in her bag. “You already have my number”she relied.

“Alright I’m ready. What are you too talking about?” Yongsun said popping out of her room. She looked the same just had a new layer of light makeup on, and comfy but stylish clothes.

“Just some work that needs to be done around the house.” Yonghee said. Walking towards the now standing Byuli and offering to shake her hand. Byuli took her hand. “Good luck” yonghee said.

The turned to leave. “Have fun girls” she waved. Finally she had some alone time.