Part2 cake

My Secret Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I watched his every move. There was just something about him, the confident yet mysterious way he walked, to the almost frightened shakes of his head, looking back and forth. 

All of a sudden his head faced me.

Then his shoulders followed. 

Then his whole beautifully sculpted body faced me. 

He began walking toward me, and I him, as I felt someone grab my arm. The connection between us shattered, and I turned to face rosé. 

"Time for cake!" She squealed, her massive sweet tooth obviously playing a part in this. 

I turned back and the stranger was gone, and I whined internally. 

Then we went off to have cake. 

The cake was two layers of frozen deliciousness;cookies and cream on top, salted caramel on the bottom. My mouth watered. 

As the whole group started singing 'Happy Birthday' wildly off tune, and the sparklers went out, I cut in to the beauty that was my birthday cake.

As I handed out the pieces, I came to the last two pieces; mine and the strangers. He walked up to me and I breathed in his scent. 

Where have I smelled that before? Oh, well. It doesn't matter right now.

I handed him his cake and he looked at it pitifully. 

"Is that all?" He says, looking at the tiny piece of cake that was already melting. 

"Biggest piece goes to the birthday girl. Those are the Birthday rules." I say in a mock-serious tone. 

"Birthday rules, huh?" He says as he pulls

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter