Prologue: Genie for You

You are My Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TW: Just in case anyone might get triggered, the scene contains a misconception that someone is about to commit suicide.

 

Jongin was walking on the way home, just like any ordinary night after his part-time job, when he witnessed something that made his heart pound so hard in his chest.

 

There was a guy standing by the edge of the concrete railing of the short bridge he usually passed by on his way. He honestly wouldn't have noticed the guy clad in all black—almost blending in the shadows—if it weren't for his lucky coin rolling off the pavement towards the guy's direction. The coin stopped a few steps away from the guy, who was also bare-footed. Weird, Jongin thought.

 

He quickly picked up his coin—he can't lose it no matter what—and was just about to walk away when the guy suddenly moved. He initially thought that the guy saw him, but when the guy moved, it wasn't to look at him or to pay him any attention. Rather, the guy was trying to push himself up by the railing.

 

, Jongin mentally cursed, panicking. Don't tell me he's gonna do what I think he's gonna do.

 

In a flash, he was already holding the guy down on the pavement. "Please don't do this."

 

"Let me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter