Blame It On The Booze Got Ya Feelin' Loose

Who Needs Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! Brace yourselves. I have a little something for you in this story. I am just not sure how you will take it and if you will like it. This chapter is another long chapter that I hope y'all will enjoy.

Sorry about the errors.


Advanced Happy Jenlisa day!

PS: I am having a hard time adding pictures. If you wanna see the photos attached on this story just take a peek on wattpad.
____________________________

"Can you stop pouting?" Rosè rolled her eyes at her friend who's sitting beside her at the backseat of the car provided by the Youth With You production team. This is just their second day in China but the blonde has already been testing her patience. She's been whining about going back to Korea and telling her that she misses her friends but the Australian is not a fool. She knows that the blonde just wanted to be with her wife but being a prideful person, she will not admit.

"You know that we're not allowed to leave the country unless we finish what we came here for." Rose folded her arm on her chest and eyed the blonde. "Why don't you just admit that you miss your wife to save us from all your excuses?"

Instead of answering, the blonde glared at her friend and looked out the window. In the Thai's head, missing Jennie is just a little fraction of why she wants to go back to Seoul. After she was informed that Jennie's ex will actually be working in the company, she wanted nothing more than to be back home and guard the brunette.

"Can we finish all of our commitments today?" She asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Are you crazy?" the blonde eyed her incredulously. "What's going on with you? You used to stay longer whenever we go abroad? Seriously, what's happening?"

"Nothing." She said but the look on her best friend's face is enough to know that she's talking bull. "Jennie's ex is back."

"And?"

"And? What and? He'll be working at Jennie's company."

"That's your problem? That's why you wanna rush home?" Rosè laughed at how petty her friend is becoming but also she is happy that Jennie has this effect on her. A couple of months ago Lisa would never care about anyone but herself. She'll hook up with random girls, take them to a hotel and make them leave after. One thing that the blonde never do is take them to her house and do the dirty there. If anyone had told her that Lisa will be like this she would definitely laugh at them. The Thai has become so whip that it's borderline annoying.

"You don't get it, Chaeng." The blonde obviously exasperated at the other woman. "He still likes her. I already told you what happened in Hawaii, didn't I? I am sure that he's doing that to get closer to Jennie."

'And ruin our marriage. I can't let that happen. Not until our contract is done.' Lisa said to herself.

"You must have hit your head hard when you were a kid." The Australian commented, observing how Lisa pat her own hair soothingly. A habit that she does when she's stressed out. "Jennie married you. Twice, if I may add. I don't get why you are this affected. We all can tell that she loves you. The way you two look at each other is sickening so I can assure you that your wife will not let her ex get in the way of your marriage. You have to trust her feelings for you."

Lisa can only agree at what the girl stated but not for the reason that the Australian stated. She nodded just so Rosè will stop interrogating her. Lisa hates to admit but as days go by, she's starting to grow fond of Jennie and she is scared to let it show. She's trying to stop whatever fondness she is feeling because she doesn't want to fall for the girl. Not when Jennie made it clear that she is not interested with the blonde. When did she realize that she's starting to feel something toward the brunette? It was when she saw her with Kai. It wasn't love. She's sure about that. At least not yet. She thinks that it's only selfishness. Like she doesn't want Jennie to be with anyone else during their marriage. But when they made up, she started to notice things that she shouldn't care about. She thought that being away from Jennie for a few days will help clear her head out but it did the opposite. She only craved for her more. As much as she hates to admit it, she miss how carefree she is when Jennie's around. She's comfortable, she's happy.

Lisa sighed and rolled down the window and looked outside.

'What if I fall for her?' Lisa asked herself. 'How will I handle it? I know nothing about relationships. What if she won't feel the same for me? Aish! This is so messed up. I have to do my best not to fall for her because she won't catch me. She made that clear so I have to stick with our contract and focus my energy elsewhere.'

Lisa continued her musings completely unaware that Rosè took a photo of her and posted it on Weibo.

'Poor Lalisa. 😢 she already miss her Wifey and has been moping the entire day.'

The caption said and in a matter of minutes. Her post already got thousands of likes and shares. The Aussie is sure that this will reach Jennie's attention which is a good thing. Maybe she can talk to the blonde to change her mood.

"We're here." Rosè said to get the blonde's attention and Lisa sighed before going out of the car to head to the studio where she'll be meeting the contestants.
_______________________

Jennie's POV

"Jennie, I am expecting you to show Jongin around. Tomorrow is his first day. Teach him the ropes of your job." My mother said. She called me to her office to tell me these things.

"Why too soon, Eomma?" I asked. They just signed the contract and not a week passed by and he's already starting.

"According to his parents, the sooner he starts the better. They also told me that he's pretty excited." That's kind of suspicious to hear. I remember when we were together he has shown almost zero interest in business. He actually wanted to be an idol more than working behind the scenes. After all, he's a good dancer.

"Okay, Mom. Is that all?" I asked. It's almost the end of my shift and I want nothing more but to go home and change into a comfortable outfit.

"One more thing, when is your wife coming home?" My mother asked and I eyed her curiously. I wonder why she wants to know.

"I believe she'll be home tomorrow." I answered. "Why did you ask?"

"Her manager reached out to me this morning. They said that they want to partner with us for a photoshoot." Weird. Lisa never told me that. Maybe she doesn't know about this.

"You'll have to wait for Lisa to come home. I know nothing about her schedule." I answered truthfully.

"Well, it actually concerns you too." I'm pretty sure my expression turned into a confused one so my Mother continued. "A magazine wants to feature you and your wife in their June issue."

"Me? Why me? Do I really need to be there? I'm sure Lisa can cover for the both of us."

"Ruby Jane, June is the wedding month that's why they wanted to feature you and your wife. You just recently got married. And it's just a photoshoot and not an on screen interview."

"Do I have a choice?" I sighed holding on to the last string of hope that I'll be spared. My Mom did not answer. She just leaned back on her swivel chair and gave me a tight lipped smile. Leaving me with no options. "I guess I have no other choice but to accept it."

"I'm sorry Ruby Jane. According to Lisa's manager they want to know if you'll agree with it because if you do then it will be easy to get Lisa to agree." Of course, they'll use me to make her do it. Her manager is too clever.

"Which magazine is it by the way?" I asked.

My mother's smile turned bigger. "Vogue Korea."
_______________________

"So you're telling me that you and your wife will be featured in the biggest magazine in Korea?" Jisoo's eyes widened in disbelief and her jaw dropped. Those are exactly my reaction when Mom told me what it would be.

"I am so excited for you, Mandu." Unnie reached out for my hand and gave it a squeeze. We are currently at a hotpot restaurant having dinner. Just the two of us because Irene is out on a date. "You don't seem excited."

Leave it to her to be observant. I guess that's what happens when you are so close to someone that they know you so well.

"I don't know, Unnie." I set the chopsticks that I am holding on the table. I suddenly lost my appetite. "It feels like ever since I got married to Lisa, a lot of things changed. A lot of things are happening too fast."

I paused contemplating whether I should say what I wanted to say next but I know that they'll never see my point until I let them in on what's really going on.

"Unnie..." I started as my eyes met hers. "I have a confession to make but before I start I want you to listen to the story first and you have to promise me not to tell a single soul."

Sensing the seriousness in my voice, my cousin gave me a reassuring smile. I know what I'm about to tell her is gonna break Lisa and I's rules but I can no longer hold it in.

"Lisa and I's marriage is fake." I started. I told her everything. The night at GDA, the after party, getting drunk, getting married, waking up at Lisa's house, the agreement, our fight in Hawaii, all of it. I told her everything. Not leaving anything behind. When I finished, I looked at my cousin and she has a shocked expression on her face. "Unnie... say something. Please."

"I-I... Wow. T-that's a lot to take." She took her glass of water and drank it in one go. "You're not ting me, are you?"

"I wish I am. I wish all of this is a fat joke but it isn't." Unnie gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Damn! I wish I had known earlier." She scratched her head. "So that explains why everyone's shocked when they heard the news because you two never really dated. And if you did, I'm sure you'll tell us."

"Of course, Unnie. You and Irene will know."

"Why are you suddenly confessing? I thought you and her agreed to keep it a secret?"

"We did." I chewed on my bottom lip. "I just wanted to let you know because there are times when I am questioning all of these. Something has changed. She's being overly nice to me. She's taking extra care of me and she's acting jealous. I'm afraid that if it continues she'll end up with a broken heart."

"So you're afraid that she'll fall in love with you?"

"Yes and if that happens, I don't think I can reciprocate her feelings for me. Hell, I don't even know if I am gay. This is so confusing."

For a while there, my cousin did not say anything. She's just sitting there as if she's thinking of what to say to make things better for me. That has been her role even when we are still kids. She can be a child but she can also be the matured and wiser one when it comes to serious things.

"You said that you don't feel anything towards her, yes?" She asked me with seriousness in her eyes.

"I-I.. No. I don't think so."

"You stuttered. The question is simple and a yes or a no would suffice." She is right. "Tell you what, you care about her, Jennie. Admit it, a tiny part of you is attracted to her. Hell, your drunken self is much more aware that you saw something in her when you two got drunk and they wouldn't call alcohol as 'liquid courage' for nothing.'

"I don't understand, Unnie. What's your point?" I looked at her expectantly.

"All I'm saying is, you don't need to label yourself anything. But what I want you to realize is that you care about her just as much as she cares about you. You wouldn't go in great lengths and agree with all of these craziness for naught. You could have easily declined and clear your name but you didn't and don't even try to tell me that you pity her because there are other things that you can do."

To say that I'm at a lost is an understatement. She is right. Lisa could point a gun at me and I still wouldn't care.

"What does this mean, Unnie?" I asked her because I really don't know what to think anymore.

"I don't know. It could mean something and nothing at the same time." She took a sip on her water before continuing. "What do you want it to mean, Jennie?"

__________________________________

Leave it to my cousin and her Jedi that I was not able to get a sleep last night. Well, not only that but I've sort of kinda avoided Lisa last night. Why wouldn't I when Jisoo's words are ringing in my head. I thought that I should lay off and ponder over my messy predicament. Talking to Lisa would only result in her asking questions and I am not up for that. When my phone started ringing, I knew immediately that it was her and I had to restrain myself hard not to give in and talk to her.

"Penny for your thoughts." My eyes suddenly moved to the door of my office and saw Jongin entering. "I hope you don't mind. I was told that you're here and I've been knocking but no one's answering."

He explained as he moved near me with a smile on his face. I almost forgot that I'm supposed to tour him around.

"Sorry. I'm just thinking of something." I explained before turning off my computer screen.

"Anything I can do to help?" He asked sincerely but of course I wouldn't let him know that I've been thinking about Lisa. He doesn't need to know that.

"No. It's personal." I gave him a tight lipped smile.

"Wife issues?" He tried one more time and what he said next made me stop in my track. "I know about your wife's reputation. She's in China now, right? Is she doing something behind your back?"

I stood straight and faced him with seriousness.

"I don't think this is the right time to talk about my wife and I's personal life." I saw him stiffened and with all the years that we've been together he knows when I am serious. "And to answer your question, Lisa has been nothing but honest with me and I don't appreciate you implying that she's cheating on me."

After I said that, I clutched my phone on my right hand.

"Follow me if you're still up for the tour." I started to walk out the door leaving it open and after a few seconds I heard his footsteps following me.

"I'm sorry, Nini." he whispered using the nickname that we gave each other when we're together. I am not sure what is up with him but I decided to just ignore it.

We spent a couple of hours touring the building, visiting different offices and introducing him to some staff. When we are done I excused myself and went back to my office and continued what I was doing before Kai arrived.

I was busily reviewing some business proposals when I received an email from Irene. When I opened it up, I saw a photo attachment. A photo of Lisa to be exact. It was posted by Rosè. I looked at the caption and I caught myself smiling at how Lisa looks. She has this longing look on her face as she stares out the window of the car.

Another message from Irene came in and this time, it was a video link. When I played it, I immediately frowned at how a guy mentor is leaning closely to Lisa and whispering something to her.

"Is he not aware that she's married?" I said out loud as I closed the video and ignored the unreasonable thoughts in my head.
__________________________

The next day...

Third Person's POV

"Good afternoon." The blonde greeted the receptionist who's furiously typing something on her computer. The moment the woman looked up, her jaw almost dropped and if Lisa isn't tired from her flight, she would definitely laugh at the woman. As soon as Lisa's plane landed, she left Rosè and some of their staff in the airport and hurriedly went to Sunrise Entertainment to see her wife. A ride was waiting for them but she just hailed a cab. On their way to the building, she asked the cab driver to stop at a flower shop and buy a bouquet of flowers for Jennie and also for her mother-in-law.

"Hi!" The receptionist immediately stood up almost knocking over her coffee mug. "I'm sorry, Ms. Lisa. Are you here to see, Jennie? I m-mean Mrs. Manoban?"

Lisa set the flowers down and nodded her head. This is her first time in the building and she's not sure which floor her wife is at. That is not something that they talk about.

"Okay, let me check with the receptioni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter