2nd Blink: The Valentine's Ball Invitation...Again

BLINK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2nd Blink: The Valentine's Ball Invitation...Again

 

I heard a soft knock on the door and I opened my eyes with excitement to welcome my expected guest. I could almost smile with just the thought of seeing her again.

"Come in," I informed her. I prepared my wide smile only to be disappointed when someone else entered our school's club's dressing room. It's the club member I asked to bring Lisa to me. She looks scared—as she should. I asked something and when I do, it needs to be done as immediately as possible.

"Where is she?" I asked even before she could take a step in. "What gives you the right to come back without her? I believe my words were clear."

"S-She said she doesn't want to come," she's trembling. Of course, it's not a secret anyone who defies me gets what they deserve.

"Go back to her. And don't come back here if you're not with her. Or else, this will be your last day in this school." I threatened her. I already considered the possibility of her not coming based on our first meeting. But I didn't think she'd refuse despite the consequence. "Did you tell her you're going to be expelled tomorrow if she didn't come with you?"

"Y-Yes. Actually, she gave me a note." She said. "May I come closer?"

"You want me to come to you? Move!" I snapped. She almost jumped but walked towards me. She handed me a carefully folded paper which I snatched as soon as it reached my range. I hurriedly opened the paper and there really is a note.

I'm busy. Here's my number. In exchange, leave Nakko alone. And never send someone to me again. I won't care whoever you threaten next time.

Below that note is really a mobile number.

"Is this real? You know what happens if you're pulling a prank on me, don't you?" I stared at the girl. I actually didn't know her name until now. She's got a seriously small and cute face. Well, it matches her height, really small. She's just around my shoulder.

" Y-Yes. It's real. It's real." She stuttered. "She also said not to call her before eight pm."

"I'm not gonna wait that long to confirm," I told her then took my phone to call the number on the note. It rang about five times before it got connected.

"Yes, it's me, Lisa. I expected you to call even after I told Nakko to tell you not to, but I'm busy. If you try to call again, I'll block your number." The call ended even before I could open my mouth to speak.

"Who is she to hang up on me?" I blurted out. I should be mad but I'm smiling like an idiot. It's really her number. I looked at the small girl who's anxiously waiting for me to dismiss her. "Good job, Nakko. I didn't expect you'd accomplish more than I asked you to. I'll reward you handsomely one of these days. You're dismissed."

I didn't have to repeat myself, Nakko girl hurriedly went out of the room. I took my phone and stared at Lisa's number. I didn't get to see her but at least I got this. I typed a message for her.

I can always buy a new number if you block me.

I waited for her response. But minutes have passed and she still hasn't replied. She still didn't reply when I am already on my way home, while having my dinner, while I do nothing, while taking my shower, while changing my clothes, while I blow dry my hair, while I drink my night milk, even when I am already ready for bed. I’ve been checking my phone all the time, but she never replied. It’s already past nine o’clock! How dare she?

That’s it.

Out of patience, I opened my phone and dialed Lisa’s number. It rang six long times before she finally answered. But instead of greeting me, she asked,

“Who is this?”

She’s seriously pissing me off!

“You seriously won’t like mad Jennie, Lisa.” I breathe the words to keep myself calm.

“Oh, Miss Kim. What’s up?” Her calmness even pisses me off.

“I called you and texted you, you should’ve called me back.”

“Busy.” She shortly replied.

“People would do anything just to get my contact information and you’re wasting it?”

“Really? Should I sell this to reporters to make it worth something to me?”

“I hate you.” I gritted my teeth while clenching my other hand that’s not holding my phone.

“Oh, what happened to ‘I want you. No. Matter. What., Lisa?’” She asked in an annoying tone.

“That means, I want to bully you.” I corrected her. “Meet me at lunch tomorrow. I’ll send someone to take you to me. If you don’t come, forget about coming to school the next day. I swear, Manoban.”

I did not wait for her response and ended the call. You want a piece of me? You’ll get a piece of me. I know she’s working to save money for the next school year because she’s gonna be out of the orphan soon. She can’t afford to lose a year before she could graduate. She’ll come, I’m sure of it.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

I wasn’t mistaken. She came with the student I asked to get her. I booked a private room in the nearest restaurant from school. When the door opened, she stared straight at me, and I did the same. I can’t read her at all. She’s just staring blankly at me with her usual bored eyes that look as if nobody’s worth a second look.

“What would you like for lunch?” I asked as I gestured to the waiting waitress to give her the menu.

“I’d like to hear what I’m here for,” She answered as she sat. “As soon as possible if you please.”

“What’s the rush?” I told the waitress to wait a little more and give us some space. “We have at most an hour before the afternoon cl—”

“And I don’t intend to spend it with you.”

“You’ve got some problem with me, don’t you?”

“No. You were the one who approached me first saying you want to bully me. But let me tell you something.” She leaned closer to whisper. “I don’t have anything to lose, Miss Kim. I’m an orphan. I don’t have a family business under your family that you can threaten me with. Nor have people I actually care about.”

“Well, you have Rosé.” I reminded her. I called the waitress again and then told her to give us the restaurant’s best dishes.

“She’s your friend.” She raised an eyebrow at me.

“Doesn’t mean I cannot use her against you.”

She sighed. “Rosé can handle herself.”

“Doesn’t mean she can handle me,” I grinned at her when her eyes sharpened and her complexion dimmed a little. “What’s the matter? You got nothing to lose, right?”

“Just why are you doing this?”

“I told you. I want you.”

“Why?”

“You entertain me. That’s enough reason.” I took a sip at the juice I ordered even before Lisa came.

“Just what do you want from me?” She’s slowly showing her anger now I could almost smile. She looks good when she’s staring at me like that—like she wants to shoot me with lasers from her eyes.

“Entertainment, of course.” I chuckled. “That’s obvious.”

“And when I stop being entertaining, you’d stop, right?” She seems to think about stopping herself from entertaining me, but I don’t think she’d know how.

“Well. I prefer you not stopping, though.”

“You want entertainment, I’d give you entertainment,” She stood up and turned around to leave.

“Leaving already? We’re not done yet.”

“Who cares? Clearly, I don’t.” She shrugged. “I don’t understand why you need my permission when you do whatever you please anyway.”

“I want to hire you as my personal assistant.”

“You mean clown?” She faced me agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter