1st BLINK: The Anti-Bully

BLINK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five years ago

 

"Didn't I tell you to clean the room before the teacher checks, huh!?" A boy's voice echoed inside our homeroom. Not long after, he added, "If she checks and you're still not done, I'm gonna kill you."

 

I peeked from the half-opened door. The boy was Joe, a classmate of mine. He's talking to another boy; shorter, thinner, and most-likely, weaker. It's always like that, the stronger bullies the weaker. Why? Because they can. 

 

Today, it's my turn to clean the room. I'm not stronger than Joe, I'm way thinner, and way weaker, probably even compared to the boy he's currently bullying. A girl like me can't be that strong to bully someone. 

 

But my name is powerful enough to enable me to do so; Kim Jennie. The only daughter of the CEO of the Kim Group, one of the most well-known companies, even internationally. 

 

Whenever someone hears that name, they don't go against her, they even try so hard to be on her good side. 

 

After all, anyone who goes against me, Kim Jennie, gets messed up. Bullying is pretty common. Kids these days like to show off. But I'm not doing this to show off. I'm doing this because if I don't, they'd treat me just like how this Joe guy is treating the smaller boy. 

 

"I don't want to." A girl? It was a girl's voice. But I thought she was a boy by the way she looks from the back. Short-hair and she's wearing her tracksuit. "This is not even my room." 

 

That makes sense, I don't recall a girl from my classmates who looks like a boy. 

 

Interesting. 

 

Bullying can also extend to other classes, huh. I don't do that but it looks interesting. I wonder who would yield first? The unstoppable bully or the immovable bullied? I stayed by the door to watch. I came back to take a textbook I forgot on my desk. I did not expect that the boy I commanded to do the cleaning for me is making somebody else do it for him all this time. 

 

"I said you clean, you clean!" Joe shouted. He's probably trying to look scary. However, the girl doesn't seem to be at least a little intimidated by him. 

 

"Hey, just because you're a year older than me doesn't mean you can order me around." The girl is still talking back. She's a little smaller than me, her frame is close to mine as well; thin. 

 

"It's because I'm your senior that I can order you around." 

 

"Why don't you bully someone in your year. Are you scared?" I heard a suppressed snicker from the girl. She's obviously provoking Joe. And she succeeded, Joe slapped her.

 

"Do you want to die?" 

 

"Then, are you gay?" She asked while holding the cheek the big guy slapped. That question made me explode and laughed so hard. 

 

Joe is a big guy. He's way taller than us, he's physically stronger. He's actually someone who likes girls' attention. I personally picked him to clean the room today because he smiled at me with his disgusting thick lips and showed off his ugly dimples. Just because his family was a little well off, he probably thought it was okay to approach me.

 

Because of my laugh, both of them looked my way. Joe went pale, the girl only looked a little confused. I fully opened the door and walked towards their direction.

 

“Answer the question, Joe. Are you gay?” I asked and stood beside the girl. She’s smaller than me, and in a closer look, she does look like a boy, a cute one. 

 

“N-No.” He silently murmured. He was shouting earlier, wanting to be intimidating. But now, he’s a lot quieter when he’s the one being intimidated.

 

“Then why are you bullying a girl?” I sat down on the table next to the girl as I waited for his answer.

 

“I—I’m gonna clean now.” He said and was about to go to the closet where we put our cleaning materials but I stopped him.

 

“I asked you.” I specified each word to inform him I demand an answer. Joe kept his head bowed as he answered.

 

“She doesn’t look like a girl to me.”

 

I chuckled. “The girl thinks he’s gay, the boy thinks she’s a boy. Interesting. Don’t you think?”

 

I looked at the girl when I asked the question, to indicate I was talking to her. It also gave me time to finally get a good look at her. She really does look like a boy, a very pretty boy. She has very very very nice eyes, which is exactly my type; eyes that look like they’re bored to death. It’s nothing like the usual scared look. She has a cute nose and damn, her double-lobed lips are so cute! 

 

“No.” She answered. “And since this gay will be cleaning, I’m going home.”

 

“Wait.” I grabbed her elbow when she turned her back to me.

 

“What?” She said. Seriously, with obvious irritation. Is it because we’re in different grades? She doesn’t look intimidated at all. Can’t she recognize me?

 

“Don’t you know who I am?” I asked.

 

“Kim Jennie, third year. The great bully” She answered. “But if you’re here to bully me, too. I'm against bullying and I don’t have time for you.”

 

“Oh, no. I don’t bully girls when they do nothing to me.” I shrugged. “But since he’s bullying you, what would you like me to do with him?”

 

“I don’t bully people.” She replied and looked as if I said something unbelievable to her.

 

“I said I would.” I corrected her thoughts. “So?”

 

“That’s your job, so why are you asking me?” 

 

“What about slapping him back?”

 

“I don’t slap gays. They’re delicate.” She said while looking at Joe. She’s obviously good with words.

 

Again, I laughed at her remark. I didn’t know it could be fun to have someone talk back at you, without caring about what I would feel. Just someone who isn’t afraid of me, someone who isn’t trying to impress me or be on my good side so they will be safe.

 

They make me want to go all out on bullying them.

 

“You’re interesting, you know that?” I said with excitement. “I want you. Be mine.”

 

She stared at me for a while and I blinked multiple times to show her my sincerity. In movies, the characters blink multiple times to get what they want. And so far, I get whatever I want whenever I do that.

 

However...

 

“No, thanks. I’m happy owning myself.” And that destroyed my blinking belief. It doesn't work!

 

“I always get what I want,” I told her with confidence."Wanting something can happen in a blink, don't you think so? When you go shopping, you see an item, you blink, you want it, and you buy it, right?" 

 

"I could laugh about you believing in love at first sight." She replied. "That's BS and freaking lame, Miss Kim." 

 

"I'm not talking about love at first sight, I'm talking about a blink here. You can know someone all your life and then you realize you have already fallen for them with just a blink. A lot can happen in one second." I explained. "But it's true that some people can fall at first sight but will mistake it as an attraction or lust or just someone entertaining. For all I or we know, I may have fallen for you already, or maybe will. Who knows? I find you interesting and I want you. No. Matter. What, Lisa."

 

“Good luck with that.” She said and then fully turned around and walked away without looking back.

 

“Don’t let anyone bully you again. Only I have the right to bully you. Got that?” I shouted at her but she didn’t respond and didn’t even look back.

 

“W-Would you like me to bring her back?” Joe finally found his tongue. He’s been quiet the past few minutes. “I can use force and—”

 

“Do you have a death wish?” I barked at him. “Didn’t you hear me? She’s mine.”

 

Since that afternoon, I have paid all my attention to that girl and got almost all the information I wanted. According to the report I received, her name’s Lalisa Manoban. She’s a year younger than me. She’s an orphan and just got accepted here in our school because of a scholarship. She’s one of the photographers for our school. She’s poor and got no interesting background as an orphan.

 

 There really isn't anything interesting about her life aside from herself.

 

Oh, there’s one; she’s close with one of my close friends. Should I make use of this connection?

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

Kim Jennie. Who doesn’t know Kim Jennie? Even students from other schools, teachers, and even just normal citizens know her. She’s the daughter of the town’s most powerful couple—the Kims. And that family gets featured in news, magazines, and newspapers at least once a month. So, who wouldn’t know her?

 

Not to mention, she’s the biggest bully and she’s not hiding it. Bullies like her take pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter