Ch. 17 - Revealed

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It must have hurt so bad back then..." 

Ahyoung's fingers ran down the scar line on his stomach skin. She will never forget the incident that night when Sehun got a stab wound. It was terrible for teenagers like them. 

Sehun didn't say anything. He pulled the blanket higher up over her bare shoulders and pulled her into his arms. He rested his chin on the top of her head, feeling warm when their skin touched. 

"These bruises… will it be okay?” She asked, looking up at him a little.

He nodded, starting to close his eyes. "Don't worry." His voice was calm and heavy at the same time. He's sleepy.

Ahyoung didn't bother him anymore and just hugged him. Her lips part to smile against his chest thinking about tonight. She felt both happy and embarrassed at the same time. Although she felt a cramp between her legs, she did not feel as painful as people often say. It reminded her of Linda who always told her to do it with Peter. But, Linda was right. is beautiful when you do it with people who love us and we love. What's more, she's glad that Sehun hasn't done it with anyone. Even it wouldn't be a problem if he ever did. She doesn't care. She just likes the way Sehun keeps her safe and relaxed without forcing her. 

"What are you thinking?” Sehun pulled himself off her to check at her. He could feel the softness of her chuckle against his skin. 

"Huh?" Ahyoung was smiling when she got the question. She shook, "No."

Sehun looked at her suspiciously and she laughed suddenly made him surprised. "Why?"

"No..." She buried her face towards him and hugged him tightly. "Good night..." She pressed her lips to stop smiling.

"Geez." Sehun smirked and wrapped her body with his. "ert."

That words successfully made Ahyoung's body shake in his arms, she pulled up her face to laugh. She laughed hard. Sehun got her effect and tried not to out load. And she couldn't stop her laughing. 

"Really..." Sehun glared at her then turned his back to her. She clutched his arm, bit her lip to stop laughing. She asked cutely, "Sehun-ah... why did you turn there?"

"Do not bother me..." He replied.

She shook his body. "Sorry..." 

"Goodnight..." 

"Yahhh...." Ahyoung climbed on his body because his cold replied and found him giggling deeply. And Ahyoung laughed again. She sulked, "Turn back here again." 

"You promise to sleep?" 

She nodded.

"You promised." He turned back at her and pulled her into him again.

Ahyoung smiled and closed her eyes. "You're still Oh Sehun." 

"What's that?" He murmured.

"Just..."

No more sound in the room. They fell asleep and slowly move their backs to each other. Ahyoung fell asleep without thinking she would have a nightmare. She just fell asleep like that with him beside her.

Ahyoung woke up, she opened her eyes slowly and found Sehun getting up from the chair. He stubbed out his cigarette and put on his jacket. He looked restless. She didn't ask, just watched him walk ahead to the door and leave. Then, she was fully awake. 

It was still 3 am. Ahyoung sat on the bed thinking of him. She took her underwear and her clothes on the floors. She walked towards the fridge while wearing them. She drank a cold bottle of water and stood still. 

Several thoughts came to her. Ahyoung recalled their conversation last night, about her deciding to support him. Is this right? 

She saw Sehun's photo in police uniform on the wall above his desk. She walked over to it and looked at his photo. She smiled. She turned to her jacket hanging on the chair when she heard the message notification sound of her phone. She reached into it and saw the photo on the sheet of paper under the books. Even though she only saw a little of his face, she could guess who the face in the photo was. She didn't take her cell phone and instead pulled out the pile of paper. 

She read all the information on each sheet. All the faces that made her shudder. When she saw the faces, she vaguely remembered them all, especially the two faces between them. Mr. Ong and Sehun's father. Thinking about how angry he was and thinking about how far Sehun had investigated, her eyes twitched and heated up. 

Although she felt her body was fine, her hands trembled as she put the file back in its original position. She stood there in silence. 

"Christmas Eve, 2007. Did you keep waiting for me there?"

"Did something happen that day?"

"I'll wait for you to tell me everything."

"Do you know how to live life without burdens? Pretend nothing happened and forget everything."

"All you need is to look at me now. Don't think about anything."

"Whatever it is you can lean on me from now on."

"If you think about ending your life, if you have to face something terrible to you, and if I am not there when you're like that...hang on, call me, and let me come to you to take care of you."

"I will get you out of all that suffering. So, please hold on.."

"Then what about you? If Sehun found out all about that, do you think he could even stand by your side?"

"We know who did it! We know why they did it! And we just need evidence to get them arrested and the case will be retried."

"Don't you hear me? I said go, go away from here!"

"Are you planning to speak out there and thereafter you've buried it so long? Why? Is it because that detective?"

"I promise to catch them all so don't suffer anymore."

All the voices echoed in her head fastly. Ahyoung felt tight and dizzy. She carefully grabbed the chair and sat there, taking a deep breath. She calmed herself by catching her breath a few times. 

After a long silence and more stability, she left Sehun's place. She decided to return to her old studio. She hasn't been there in a long time. She doesn't move her stuff too much into her new studio in the gallery. However, even though the place is smaller than her new studio. She felt more comfortable here. 

Ahyoung went inside and left the room dark. The sound of rain falling made her glance out the window and think of Sehun. Where is he going? Although her hunch said he was back at the scene. 

She watched the rainfall for quite a while with her mind tangled. A few lightning bolts made her blink quietly then started walking towards her room. She took off her jacket and put her bag on the side of the bed. 

Her body felt tired but she could not continue to sleep. She saw the sketch of Sehun's face on the wall, the face she drew in high school. What a fun time it was. If she could turn back time, she would choose the same path.  

Honestly, Sunghee's words affected her. She thought it was true. 

Sehun always works hard for the people around him even though he doesn't show his concern clearly. He always does things because of other people. He earns a lot of money so that his sister doesn't have to sing in bars often, even though he hated his father so much before but he still paid his debts, he even has deep disappointment because his mother left him when he was little. Even now, he warmly hugs his family members one by one. Sehun is such a person. 

Of course, deciding to support him wasn't an easy thing. Ahyoung thought about it deeply. She couldn't tell his dad's involvement in that accident with her own mouth, she thought it was better that way but she also wished he didn't know that far. She didn't want him to get hurt and think that it was his responsibility.

Ahyoung just wanted him by her side, without thinking about what was wrong or who was wrong. She was tired of thinking like that too. She has lasted quite a while so far. She wanted Sehun to stay too. She also wanted him to just look at him and everything would be fine. She will support him and he will be by her side. They would just chat, argue, eat well and walk on the weekends without any complicated thoughts. 

Ahyoung took a deep breath and walked out of the room. She the light and put on her work apron. She must work to rule out the complex possibilities between human relationships. 

Sehun returned to the scene, Dyeka's house. He bent his back as he walked past the police yellow line surrounding her house. He stood there and replayed the scene. He turned to the window where the man who had attacked him had fled. His face tightened, he felt angry. He cursed those people and cursed himself. 

After a few minutes there, Sehun went to the forensic agency and met Jinri. Jiyoon was there, watching him with concern. "Why are you here?" 

Sehun looked at the corpse covered in white cloth while replying, "This keeps haunting me." 

Jiyoon understood the guilt and wished he could save her. "As you said, she's been followed for a few months." 

Sehun nodded. "Yeah, they'd be worried if the information leaked out." 

Jiyoon crossed her arms. "Oh Sehun." She turned at him with a serious face. "Do you realize whose case you are investigating? Yeongwon was a case held by chief Kwon and the case was over." 

Sehun was silent. Jiyoon sighed and still looking at him, "It's a rumor in the office that you're trying to dig up an old case to bring Kwon's head down. Do you realize that your career could be ruined because of this?" 

"I told you that I have a reason." Sehun turned at her. "I want you to help me."

Jiyoon frowned deeply. "Are you stupid or are you crazy?" 

"Ah." Sehun replied, frustration in his eyes. "At first I just wanted to reveal the truth and free Ahyoung from her suffering but I went crazy when I saw my father being among those people." 

He took her by surprise. "What?" She didn't get it.

"I need to know why he was there and what he was doing there and why Ahyoung never talked about it." His voice trembled. "So, I'll keep investigating. Don't stop me." 

Jiyoon loosens her shoulder. She didn't look so sure. She bit her lower lip, unable to say anything about it. She softened a bit and said, "Go home, it's Sunghee's birthday tomorrow. At least you're there..." 

Sehun didn't deny or confirm. Jiyoon gets a call from captain Yoon and Sehun overhears them finding clues from a CCTV. "Did they get it" Sehun quickly asked. 

Jiyoon nodded. "They get suspicious faces of people around Dyeka's house. 

"Then let's go." 

"No." Jiyoon stopped him. She held his arm and said, "The office is already quite chaotic with rumors about you. Chief Kwon also went directly to monitor this case. He ordered us to prevent you from getting involved in this case. So, I beg you to shut up and do nothing." 

"I do not care. I need to know who's behind all this. I'm sure this has something to do with the person behind Yeongwon's case." He demanded.

"Oh Sehun!" Jiyoon raised her voice. "I'm in charge of this case so I ask you not to get involved any further." 

Sehun's mouth getting tight. He turned away his head in annoyance from her. "I'll tell you later so you better keep quiet now." She warned him with a sharp look then left. 

Sehun sighed heavily. He rubbed his face, felt frustrated. He couldn't believe he was being led to silence. Not long, Jinri went inside and looked at him with concern. "You are okay?" 

"No. I am not." Sehun said.

Jinri dropped her shoulders and put her hands in the pockets of her white coat. She walked over to him, "I heard it. So you're still investigating?" 

"Hm." Sehun nodded.

"Yeongwon building..." Jinri mumbled. "Actually I was part of the forensic team that handled it at the time." 

Sehun glanced at her, he's not that surprised. Jinri looked back at him, "You must have seen the report at that time. The body found had no burns at all but the repor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter