Unopened

Trepidation
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maybe one day you'll call me and tell me that you're sorry too

 

-Harry Styles – From the Dining Table

 

---

 

"Thanks for the night."



Then the sound of the door opening and closing. 



This has become a routine for Seungwan. Wake up. Go to work. Get drunk after a long day, then go home with some girl she met from the bar. Rinse and repeat. 



This is now her day-to-day life, ever since she left without a trace. 



She never left my mind, though. 



Another part of her morning routine is checking her phone for new messages, work-related or not. Sipping her coffee, Seungwan scrolled through her messaging app, opening messages one by one, to see if there's something of utmost importance. 



None.



One particular conversation caught her eye as she scrolled too deep in the app. An unread message that she didn't bother opening the moment she received it.



It was the last piece of her that Seungwan has. She thought that if she opened the message, then all of her efforts poured into moving on from her will go to waste. So she quickly exited the app before her fingers betray her.



The action may have removed the sender's name from her screen, but it did not do well in making her forget the face of the woman she once called home. Long raven hair, with a face that can rival any greek goddess. 



Joohyun.



She immediately shook her head at the name. It's been months since she left, but why does it feel like it's only been yesterday?



"Time to go to work," she muttered under her breath. She doesn't have all day for her pathetic muling. Finishing her coffee, Seungwan put her phone on the counter to start prepping for work.



"Oh, sorry!" 



She looked at the person whom she ran into, literally. Both of them widened their eyes in surprise upon seeing each other.



"Hi, how are you doing?" Seulgi, Joohyun's bestfriend, asked.



Seungwan wasn't in the mood for small talk, but she pleasantly smiled at the woman.



"I'm good." She answered promptly. 



An awkward silence lingered for a few seconds, before Seulgi spoke again.



"Hyun is doing well."



Hyun? Seungwan's brows furrowed at how Seulgi called Joohyun.



The woman noticed the questioning look on her face. "Oh, I just thought you'd want to know how she's doing. Don't you?" Seulgi asked, head tilted in confusion.



"Uh, yeah, sure." 



Before another uncomfortable silence pass between them, Seulgi said her goodbye, making Seungwan breathe a sigh of relief. 



---

 

Another night of drinking.



Another girl on her bed.



Seungwan laid beside the

Please log in to read the full chapter