Of Dreams and Wakefulness

Trepidation
Please log in to read the full chapter

You were the sweetest apparition, such a pretty vision.

 

-The Japanese House - Saw You In A Dream

 

---

 

Waking up feels like a chore.



Seungwan rubs the sleep off of her eyes. She used to be a morning person; used to love waking up every 5 AM. Used to love her daily rituals which consisted of sipping a mug full of coffee, jogging around the nearby park, and having breakfast at the local diner. Used to love starting her day with someone beside her.



"Are you okay?"



She didn't need to turn around to see who the owner of the voice was. It was Joohyun, her lovely Joohyun. 



Always there to comfort her, even if she doesn't realize that she needs comforting. Always there to put a smile on her face, even if the dimmest of nights looms around her. 



Joohyun was always there.



"What's on your mind, love?" she asked again when Seungwan didn't answer. Joohyun propped herself up on the kitchen counter, eyeing her wife cautiously. Seungwan continued to sip from her mug, still lost in her own train of thought. 



"I just miss you," Seungwan said, giving Joohyun a smile which didn't reach her eyes. Joohyun giggled at her, as if she was telling a corny joke.



"Silly, I'm always here beside you. I never left, have I?" Joohyun replied, eyes twinkling with a mischievous smil

Please log in to read the full chapter