Chapter 4

Past? Or present?

The next morning Krystal was in her office early, longing to show what kind of ideas she got for this house. After she got an e-mail last night late, she spent all the night trying to find perfect combination that won't only bring fashion but also comfort. Yes, design is important but making their clients feel free and comfortable in their homes was more important. She spent a sleepless night collecting everything, ready to show her work to everyone hoping that it would get the client's attention. Otherwise she would have to give her project to Jihyo.

The first one to enter their office a half an hour later or so was Victoria who gave her thumbs up and cheered her on. The next one is their boss, with Jihyo by his side. Of course. What did she expect? After everybody else arrived, Kai told them to move to his office. It is the biggest and he always wanted to leave a good impression on their new clients.

Everybody took their place waiting for the moment when the door would open and their new client would walk in. They have not waited long. The door opened and that's when Krystal stopped breating. How she hadn't noticed? The voice of the man over the phone. Myungsoo. How could she be so stupid. She felt her legs giving away and if it wasn't for the table close to her she would have fallen.

But Myungsoo wasn't so surprised. He knew that she was working here. That's why he came. But it was true that he was on business here too. This idea or whatever it was, came just when he needed it. His eyes didn't long on her for so long as one of the men in the room came and shook his hand with Myungsoo. He looked at the face. He knew it. It was that guy from days ago. This person is the reaso why he met Krystal again.

He took a hold of the guy's hand all too tight. No matter what he said that day nor how much of a truth it was, he would never want her to go through what she did in the past. Kai, what Myungsoo found out was the cheater's name, felt a hold on the hand tighten and looked at Myungsoo. It seemed he hasn't recognized him. Kai saw Myungsoo's dark expression. Something was wrong.

"Please take a seat." Jihyo broke this weirdly hard tension in the air and Myungsoo took a seat.

"You can just call me Myungsoo." He told everyone in the room but his eyes were purely stuck on Krystal, making her uncomfortable.

Krystal cleared . She needed to be professional. "Okay then...Myungsoo. If that's okay with you I would like to present you with some of my ideas of how certain things would look like if done in your house." The next came slides consisting of different ideas, with people telling their opinion. Myungsoo was the only one staying quiet. Were they not good enough for him?

Krystal was finishing up, and everyone was on their nerves. That's when Myungsoo stood up. "I like all of them. When can we start?" 

Kai looked at him, eyes wide open. "You really like that?" Something in his voice made Krystal feel offended. "Wouldn't that br too expensive for you?" It looked like Kai wanted her to fail and Krystal didn't like it at all.

"I do. Don't you think there is something magical about it? Totally different. Don't worry about expenses. It's not a problem. I wouldn't be here if it was." He gave slightly glance and Krystal's reaction and smiled somewhat.

"How you say, Myungsoo. Can I introduce you to Ms. Jihyo?" The way Kai used her first name and not her last didn't go unnoticed by Myungsoo. He has a guess of who this woman might be. "I would like for her to work with you on this project. She is one of our best designers and would make your dream house come true."

Myungsoo let out a little laugh, startling every person in the room. "There is no nedd for that. I already found a perfect person for that." He turned towards Krystal. "Krystal. I think she would be perfect. Don't you think so to?" It sounded like he was both teasing Krystal and making sure she had his support, and at the same time letting Kai know that his interference was something he won't look over, putting him on the spot.

The way he was saying her name got attention. Krystal's eyes went across the room in search of something in anybody's eyes to tell her what to do but she got no response. The first posibility, and the most likely one if she was the same Krystal she was a few days ago, would be her saying 'no' to the offer, but no. Not when everything she stands for is on the line.

The way her coworkers looked her way when Myungsoo was saying her name reminded her that she needed to get her place in the firm back. Yes, they know how well she can do, but now when a certain situation happened she needed to show how it didn't affect her or her job. She need to prove that to them. To Kai. To Myungsoo. They didn't break her, just made her stronger. 

"Yes, that would be perfect Myungsoo." She put on a different tone of voice when saying his name. And she was all too aware of watchfull eyes. They will surely ask for an explanation.

"You think you can do this?"

"I am not who I used to be. Let's meet soon and you will see." Back then, when Myungsoo happened, she didn't dare to speak up, but now she is ready. She practised this just in case he shows up one day in fron of her. And the day has finally come. She is not a little girl who would stress over everything, catch herself feeling all giddy thanks to sweet nothings whispered to her in rainy days and buy him things from the part time jobs got. For him. Everything was for him.

But not now. This time there is no Myungsoo, no Kai, no secrefising, no hurt. This time there is only her trying to get the best out of her life without caring what others might think about it.

___________________________________________________

Well, this went better than the first time I wrote it down.

One more thing I want to say is that I know nothing about design and how things in this industry work. Even if it might trigger you, I hope you look past it if it's possible.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!