Chapter 3

Past? Or present?

Krystal continued with her work after that day, acting like nothing happened. She broke up with her boss, Kai, and solely focused on her work. She was the best at that. Kai ended up coming to work with Jihyo besides him the very next after the situation in the restaurant. Everyone could tell what happened and didn't feel surprised at all. What shocked everybody present was that Kai gave all Krystal's projects to Jihyo, forgetting that Krystal got him most of these and people wanted her to work with them.

A year or so after Krystal finished school and was looking for a job, she got reccomended by her older sister Jessica to this firm for decoration and she was admited in as an intern. Fast enough she was able, with a lot of hard work and sleepless nights, to be a full time worker. That's probably why her co-workers never got envious of her or why she wasn't thrown under the buss after they found out about her relationship with their boss. They were very happy for her and even prepared a party to celebrate it. She got to meet amazing people who she got close with quickly and now considered a family.

"How are you feeling?" Asked Victoria, one of the oldest workers there. She knew how much Krystal invested in the work and was actually the only one who truly looked forward to working. Especialy on decoreting a new hospital that was still in process of building.

"I'm fine. I will just work harder." Krystal smiled at Victoria to assure her that she really was fine. There was no need for her to worry. Krystal approciated everyone's warm words to make her feel better, but she pitied herself more then. She felt like she was a burden to them and she never wants to be like that.

"Okay. Remember, whatever you need we are here." And Krystal knew she really meant it. All of them were like family, she was grateful that they embraced her back then when she was just starting.

Her office phone rang. She picked it up right away. "Good afternoon, this is ****. What can I do for you today?" She took her notepad and pencil, ready to write down whatever the costumer's ideas and wishes are.

"Hello." Krystal was surprised to hear a male voice on the other side of the line. Usually woman was the one to call. "I would like to get a meeting with your boss, regarding the internair of the house."

Krystal was nodding her head while humming to let him know that she was listening "Do you have any ideas about what you want?" 

"Ahh.." There was a slight pause "I thought it would be better if you see it for youtself first. Or I could get pictures of the inside and send it to you before the meeting?" He had a point.

"Then I will talk to our boss and send you the date. Is that alright with you?" She hasn't heard an answer from the other side and got worried. "Sir? Are you there? Is everything okay?"

"Yes. It's just my dog. I'm sorry. It's perfectly fine." Krystal wanted to hang up when the man spoke again "Excuse me, but can I know your name? I like to know who I will work with."

Of course. She understood. "I'm Krystal." She answered. "But we probably won't be working together." She couldn't help the bitterness that enveloped her voice.

She heard a laugh after "Either way. Thank you." And that's how the call ended.

__

After ending the call Krystal couldn't wait to tell their boss how they got a new customer and talk to him about the time of the meeting. She guessed it would be weird and awkward at first because it has only been a few days since they broke up, but she wanted just to focus on what's important. And right now it's her job.

Krystal knocked on the door of Kai's office and after in hurry told 'come in' she went in to see him and Jihyo there. She couldn't help but to feel something. No, she shouldn't. It's not the time for that. Without sparing Jihyo a glance she went ahead and seat on the oppossite side of Kai. Maybe Jihyo took away all of her past works but this time she won't give Kai the chance to say anything regarding giving someone else the job. She had to prove that she could do this. To let him know that she is just fine and that he will regret.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Kim. I just finished a call with one of potentional costumers. He wanted to meet as soon as possible so if only you could tell me the suitable date I will gladly take it upon myself to organize everything that is needed."

Kai looked weirdly at her. What? He thought she will still be shaken about breaking up. She was. She did love him. But he cheated and she won't by any means let her days pass in crying and eating sweets while he is here having time of his life, not caring about how she was feeling.

He composed myself "Ah yes, of course. It's great that we are still having new costumers here and there, it will help our firm to expand." He looked at the calendar. There was a few meetings here and there but nothing much. "How about tomorow? I would like to meet her already."

Krystal decided to stay quite about him being wrong. It's not her but him. "Then, can I take it upon myself to take care of this project?" She saw Kai giving Jihyo a side glance. Did he really..? She can't believe this! No. Other times she might back down, but not this time. She won't let Jihyo get this one.

"I think it will be better if Ji-" Kai started but Krystal interupted him.

"This client strictly wanted me to work with him. He said he believes in my ideas and has trust in my work." Which was a total lie but it was okay "I believe some of our past clients recommended me to him. After all, I worked on many now popular places that people can enjoy. We should care about how everything would look but how comfortable something is, is much more important."

Krystal took a deep breath. She doesn't remember ever talking this much without stopping. Kai was looking her in the eyes and she returned the stare. After a few seconds, seeing how determined she was, Kai gave up. "Alright. But if even one small mistake happens, Jihyo will replace you."

Krystal nodded determined. Never. Maybe in other things she would but job was something she looked with seriousness upon. After that she left the office, excited. She told her co-workers and they were happy for her. Only thing that is left now is forher to call the client and arrange the meeting for tomorow.