four: office chair

crimes and us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

four: office chair

Another few weeks had passed since the first day of Jinah's internship at KBIA. Today had just been another usual day with her analyzing graphs and charts to study the possible impacts of the recent economic changes on crime rates at different regions.

She had been sitting alone at the table. Everyone else had already left because it was past working hours, but Jinah decided to stay for a few more hours just so she could further understand the theories she was assigned to evaluate. 

Her fingers reached out for the cup of coffee that she purchased a few hours ago. Both her gaze and her attention remained at the pile of papers she had been busily highlighting and writing on. When she didn't feel anything at the tip of her fingertips, she furrowed her brows in annoyance and looked up. Her eyes widened when she noticed Hyunbin standing in front of her with her cup of coffee on his hands.

"Hyunbin!" Jinah gasped.

"What did I tell you about overworking yourself?" Hyunbin asked as he frowned to show his evident concern.

Jinah sheepishly smiled in response. "Sorry, we are presenting tomorrow, so I thought I could spend a bit more time working before I left."

Hyunbin pursed his lips. 

"Well, don't overwork yourself, okay?" he said and slowly passed the coffee back to the girl.

Jinah nodded.

"Don't worry, I'm used to working past my usual hours, so this is nothing," she replied and quickly took a sip of her now cold coffee. She resumed scanning the endless paragraphs in front of her.

Hyunbin sighed as he watched the girl slowly forget about his presence beside her. His eyes carefully observed her face: the way she bit the insides of her cheeks, the way the shadows of her long eyelashes casted over her under eyebags, the way you could tell how her nose quietly and tiringly grasped onto the particles of air around her. 

"Gosh, I ing love her," he thought to himself, his fingers lusting to touch her face.

He took one last look at her before his hands gripped onto the handles of her office chair and turned her around so that she could now face his torso. He crouched down from his standing position and looked up at the girl who was looking at him with flaring cheeks and alarmed eyes. 

"Look at those dark circles under your eyes," he joked and brushed away the strands of hair that were covering her eyes.

"Have you even eaten anything?" he asked, worry etching his voice. The girl was already skinny and the least he wanted was for her to lose more unnecessary weight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter