three: internship

crimes and us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

three: internship

"Welcome everyone to the Korean Bureau of Intelligence Agency," a slick man with messy blond hair spoke. The length of his long eyes made his gaze sharp, giving him the look of a combative jaguar. His plump lips were glossed with the tiniest amount of lip balm and his jawline accentuated the delicacy of his features. He wore a black suit that hugged his body like a second skin and his wrinkle-less coat embodied both the broadness of his shoulders and the muscles on his chest, hinting at the many hours this man had spent at the gym. His shiny shoes tapped against the hollowness of the floor, repeatedly creating sounds that echoed throughout the bright room.

"I am Jung Wooyoung, your mentor for this program. I will be providing you guidance throughout the semester, assessing your work and giving you feedback on all the assignments you turn in," he introduced himself and confidently stuffed his hands inside his pockets.

The interns stared at him in awe. The charisma this man was able to pull off in just a span of seconds made everyone instantly nervous.

Jinah smiled as she locked gazes with Wooyoung. She was the only one in the room who personally knew him. He was Hyunbin's best friend. Those two boys had been hanging out since they were little. They were like brothers. The friendship between these two was so strong that there would be times where Wooyoung would join in on Hyunbin and Jinah's dates, and whenever the couple fought, Wooyoung would listen to not only Hyunbin's but Jinah's concerns too.

"Please keep in mind the contract you have signed before you got accepted into this internship. Does anyone remember what was written at the top of the list?" Wooyoung asked, his right brow raising slightly.

Jinah raised her hand, making Wooyoung smirk in response.

"Yes, Ms. Lim?" he called out.

"Everything that goes on in this building stays in this building," Jinah answered as she recited one of the lines in the contract.

Wooyoung nodded with a proud smile.

"Correct. There is nothing more that our agency values than confidentiality. Our intelligence agency chose all of you as our interns because we believed you guys were worthy of our trust. Our work must always stay private because if not, our citizens' lives are at stake. We are Korea's top intelligence agency and our mission is to promote and protect the safety of our people. A break in this contract means a break in our trust in you, and you will subsequently follow the repercussions of your treason, understood?" Wooyoung explained and crossed his arms. 

"Yes, sir," everyone responded immediately.

"Okay then. Now that we have went over the most important rule in this internship, let me briefly go over the next rules," Wooyoung said.

"Rule number one..."

As Wooyoung spoke at the front of the crowd, a boy with an excessive amount of cologne nudged Jinah's arm slightly. Jinah looked to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter