one: neighbors

crimes and us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

one: neighbors

Walking across the hallways of one of the buildings of the university was the girl whom many were either jealous of or greedy for. She went by the name Lim Jinah, but others knew her as the 'goddess' of the university. She not only had the visuals of an idol, she also had the body of one. The flowery blouse framed her petite shoulders and accentuated her bust. The high-waisted jeans elongated her toned legs and hugged tight against her hips.

Her physical beauty was not the only feature she was famous for though. If the books on her hands did not show how smart she was, her current academic standing in her college would tell you so. She was famous amongst her professors as the girl who excelled at everything. She was also the president of numerous graduate clubs in her school. Just as any other student would say about her, she was the definition of perfection.

"Hi Jinah!" one of the seniors greeted her.

"Hi Minho," she greeted back and smiled politely.

"Dude, what the . She smiled at you! I bet she likes you," Minho's friend whispered and playfully hit his shoulders. They both stared in awe as Jinah walked away from them.

Minho grinned excitedly, but immediately frowned when he was reminded of a dreadful thought.

"As if," he muttered. "She's taken, remember? By that ."

At the end of the corridor stood a tall guy. His bulk figure leaned against the wall, while his fingers mindlessly tapped against the screen of his phone. He seemed oblivious to all the glances and whispers he was garnering with his surreal looks. Many misunderstood him as a celebrity. His clean black shirt outlined his defined arms and stretched against his broad shoulders. His long legs were covered with a pair of beige slacks. His hair was gelled up, showcasing his perfectly defined forehead. Simple jewelry hung from his ears, finishing off his whole look.

"Hyun!" a soft angelic voice yelled.

The guy's ears perked up as he recognized the owner of the voice. When his eyes met up with hers, he smiled brightly and immediately put away his phone.

"Jinah!" he replied back.

Jinah smiled back and quickly walked towards her boyfriend.

When she finally reached him, her hands automatically wrapped around his waist.

"I missed you," she spoke.

Hyunbin's smile widened.

"I'm sorry we weren't able to meet for weeks. I had so much work to do at my agency," he responded.

Jinah looked up and shook her head.

"It's fine. You don't have to apologize," she said. "By the way, I have some really exciting news to tell you."

Hyunbin's brows rose.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I got an internship at KBIA!" she announced excitedly.

Hyunbin's face darkened.

"KBIA? You mean KBIA as in the Korean Bureau of-"

Jinah cut him off, "Of International Agency. Yes, the place where you, Nara and Wooyoung work at!"

Hyunbin gulped and cursed mentally.

Jinah noticed the evident change in Hyunbin's mood and loosened her grip around Hyunbin.

"Wait, is there something wrong?" she asked curiously.

Hyunbin forced a smile.

"Oh- it's nothing. I-I'm just happy," he stuttered.

Jinah could tell that there was something wrong, but she decided not to question it. After all, they had not seen each other for a very long time and she did not want to start off her date with an argument.

"Also, I'm moving in to my new apartment tomorrow," she said, trying to change the topic.

Hyunbin's normal facial expression returned. He smiled at her, his han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter