Chapter 1

Don't Ever Lie

 

‘Tell me you don’t want me here, tell me you don’t love me and I’ll go. But don’t lie, don’t ever lie.”

 

“I…. I don’t know.”

 

She looks up to see him turn, and walk slowly away.

 

“I’ll leave and you’ll never hear from me again.  You can forget me, and everything we never had, I’ll disappear and it’ll be like I never existed.”

 

“NO.” She lifts her head and yells at him. “You have changed me, no matter what you think. It’ll never be like what it was before, I have changed and regardless of what you think it is for the better. I might not love you but you will never disappear, you will never not exist. I can’t change what I was but you did. You fixed me.  CAN YOU TELL ME I’M LYING NOW, HEY CAN YOU!!!”

 

“Tomorrow the war I couldn’t stop will start.  Leave now. I’m not who you think I am.  Do you know why the war will go ahead? I was sent to stop it, but to do that was to kill you.  You aren’t lying now but when I go back and say that the war would’ve gone ahead either way. I will be lying.

 I will be lying to those I trust, those who trained me. All for a girl who doesn’t love me back.”

 

FLASHBACK

 

“This.” The man tapped the photo taped to the board. It was of a dark-haired girl with blue eyes, pink lips and a friendly smile. The boy looked at this photo with an expressionless face, it didn’t matter to him that the girl was pretty, that she was the same age as him or that his training could be used to kill her. 

 

“That’s the target. Full name Amelia Diana Lenner. Likes to be called Milly or Mia. She is 17 years old, enjoys art and dancing. She lives with her father. General Markel Lenner. Her mother died when a sniper missed the General at a pep rally almost 5 years ago. Amelia was 12 at the time and watched her mother bleed out infront of her. She had a series of sessions with a physiatrist until her 15th birthday. She still sees the physiatrist once a year, the day before the anniversiary of her mothers death.”

 

“Good.” The man walked to stand infront of the boy’s chair. “What is the mission?”

 

“I am to infiltrate Dalton Private Academy, make friends with the girl, possibly create a romantic relationship with her, then more details will be provided to me as to what the second stage of the mission will be.” The boy did not look at all fazed by the fact he was to use this girl to get to her father.

 

“We recently received information that the general may be planning a strike against North Korea. We believe he has spies in place to destroy or damage our latest nuclear research plant.” The man was handed a folder by an underling. It appeared to contain several pages. He was also handed a black leather boys school bag with a well know branded scrawled across the front of it. “This contains your identity for this mission. Memorise everything and if something isn’t in there, invent something believable that doesn’t stand out.” He handed the boy the folder. The boy opened it to reveal a South Korean passport naming him as Lee Taemin, age 18, birthday 15/6/1994. ‘Lee Taemin’ then began to skim through the pages forming his new identity; most of it was easy enough.

Mother Lee Minseo. Father Lee Jihun. He flipped through a few more pages to see a school timetable with the words ‘Dalton Private Academy’ across the top. His eyes flickered over the timetable to see what classes he would have to suffer through. Maths, English, Language Arts, Dance, History, Science, PE and Culinary Arts.  He looked up at the man, “Culinary Arts…. Really?”

 

“They are the classes the target takes and therefore you take them too. I understand dance will not be a problem?”

 

The boy ‘Lee Taemin’ coloured and looked down. He loved to dance, between missions and during his original training, which included dance. The teacher had been rather impressed, he had mastered ballet, modern ballet, tap, jazz and hip-hop within a year.  

Original training for the duty this boy did included just about every weapons, hand-to-hand combat, demolitions and first aid course ever invented. He could run 10km within 45minutes with full kit, he had finished high school by the time most kids entered grade 9 and done several basic college courses by the time he was 16. He had the same qualifications as a Sous chef so culinary arts would not be a problem. Neither would  ‘English’ as ‘Lee Taemin’ had mastered English and seven other languages by age 12.

 

“No sir it will not be.” The boy looked up as the man dragged a small table over in-front of him. “I will try not to be too good at it.”

 

“Good, this is the equipment you will be issued for this mission.” The man spoke with clipped tones.

 

 

 

COMMENTS ARE LOVE <3