Dancing Within The Boundary

Love Knows No Boundary

A/N: Hello everyone! An update is ready, enjoy! Also, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, enjoy the holiday and see you all in the next chapter, probably next year!

-----------------

"Hyunsuk is sleeping already," says Dara as she watches the kid snuggling into her chest and hugging onto her arm as he falls into a deep sleep. Jisoo looks at the boy and smiles at her cute nephew before whispering to her mother, "I will bring him back now."

Jisoo picks the boy up gently and heads back to the mansion to put the boy back into sleep. After a while, she returns back to the cottage to get her belongings and the cake, ready to head back to her penthouse.

"Bring Jennie here one day," says her mother as Mrs Kim hugs her daughter goodbye. Jisoo returns back the hug before driving back to the penthouse.

-----------------

- Back at the Penthouse -

"I am home," says Jisoo as she opens the door. Hearing no response, she walks to the hall to find Jennie asleep, with her drawing tablet on her lap. She picks the drawing tablet, looking at the work. It is a design of a modern hanbok. Though it is not coloured, the design looks really good and she is very impressed by it. She snaps a picture of the drawing with her phone before saving the work on the laptop that is on the coffee table. She then exits the program before switching off the laptop. She sits on the arm of the couch, admiring the younger girl's features and tucks the loose strands behind her ear. Seeing that the other sleeping so soundly, she puts her arms under the girl's knees and shoulders, trying her hardest to not wake the other as she lifts Jennie off the couch.

"Jisoo?" Jennie starts to stir in Jisoo's arms. Jisoo slightly panics but says calmly, "Hey, sorry to wake you up. Go back to sleep."

Jennie looks over to the couch and the other begins to understand. She responds, "Don't worry, I saved your work and shut the laptop down. You can work on it tomorrow."

Though Jennie wanted to at least finish her sketch but ended up falling asleep on the couch while waiting. Furthermore, since Jisoo has shut down her laptop, she decides to give in to rest. The younger girl snuggles in closer, feeling the warmth that she missed for the past 4 hours. As Jisoo sets her down, she pulls the older to sleep together, not bothered that the other has just returned home. She leans in for a kiss almost too passionate that Jisoo can't help to reciprocate, leaning in for a kiss as she hovers above the girl.

-----------------

Jisoo is standing outside of the cafe, waiting for Jennie to end her shift. It is their first monthsary but the younger has to extend her shift as two of her colleagues were absent from work. Though Jennie has been apologetic for the entire day and has been blaming herself and her luck, Jisoo told her that it was alright. She still wants to spend time with the other after the latter is done with work. However, Jennie has told her to have other plans and that they can spend their monthsary over the weekends.

Jennie, on the other hand, is still stuck at the cafe, trying to force a smile in front of customers as she takes endless orders. Also, making endless cups of coffee. There were many instances that she has to take a few double takes on the crowd size to make sure that she isn't dreaming.

"Since when have we become so busy even at this hour?" she thinks to herself. Even the universe is against her but she is determined to push through this ordeal so that she can at least give Jisoo a call later. Also, on the bright side, they close at 8pm. She hopes that she can leave on time or else she would quit this job even if it goes against her philosophy of self-sufficiency. She would do anything for the sake of love.

"Hi, welcome to YG Coffee." She returns to the counter with the usual greeting after sending out all the orders at the collection counter. Instead of happily serving the next customer, she sees someone that she doesn't want to see.

The senior that has been trying to hit on her for ages. Kai.

She hides the disdain behind the facade and asks, "what would you like, Kai?"

The tall, dark, handsome guy thinks for a moment before cheekily replies, "how about you?"

This time Jennie doesn't try to hide the disdain and replies firmly, "If you are not here for anything, please leave. I have a line of coffee crazy customers that I have to serve."

She is glad to see that the line starts to grow again. Maybe the universe is not against her. Kai turns back and is also shocked by the long line behind him and quickly tells the other, "come on, just tell me when you are free and set a date. I have been trying for ages."

"Kai, I have been trying to turn you down, if you have not noticed. And please leave. The people behind you are getting pissed," the girl replies with a huge sigh, which the guy has noticed and tells the other that he will not stop until she gives in.

-----------------

Soon, it is close to 8pm and the store manager has dimmed the lights and is ready to close the store. Jennie rejoices and starts to clean the counter after taking the last order. After cleaning, she goes to the storeroom to get her bag before bidding her co-workers goodbye. Before stepping out of the cafe, she pulls out her phone and contemplates whether to call Jisoo.

"Is it too early? Should I just work on my coursework before calling at 10?" she asks herself, not knowing that Jisoo is outside waiting for her. As she heads out, she is pleasantly surprised to see a familiar-looking ravenhead at the plaza. Her heart beats at the sight and runs towards Jisoo and gives the other a huge bear hug.

"Gosh, why are you here? I thought that you would be with your friends today?" asks Jennie, not wanting to let go after the tiring shift and Kai's constant pestering. Finally, her heart finds solace in her beloved lover.

"It's a special day today and the night is not over, so we have some time left. Let's do something on this really important day before the clock strikes 12." Jisoo replies and lightly pats on the girl's back. The girl lets go and both of them are facing each other, hand in hand. Jisoo then smiles and holds onto Jennie's hand, leading the other the way.

-----------------

"Where are we going?"

Jisoo pulls an eyemask from her pocket and puts it over Jennie's head, making sure that her eyes are covered. She waves both of hands to make sure before getting on the car, driving to the destination. After a 20 minutes drive, she helps the other out of the vehicle and holds onto Jennie's hand tightly, leading the way carefully. Soon, she walks towards Chaeyoung and Lisa, who have been guarding the spot that she had painstakingly set up. She thanks the other two for keeping an eye for her while they mouthed to Jisoo good luck before walking off with light footsteps.

Making sure that everything is in order, Jisoo unveils the blindfold and says, "do you like it?"

She has lined LED fairy lights in the shape of a heart and set a huge beige-coloured cloth in the middle, with some cushion and LED candles around. There is a picnic basket in the centre.

"Gosh, did you prepare all this?" asks Jennie, after gasping at the sight in front of her after the blindfold has been removed.

Jisoo smoothen out her hair fondly and replies, "I did, do you like it?"

Liking it is an understatement. Jennie loves it. She throws a huge hug over Jisoo's frame and replies, "I love it so much. What do I do to deserve you."

"Don't say such things."

The older leads the younger to sit down but the younger sits on her lap instead and leans on her chest, enjoying the warm embrace from Jisoo and night breeze hitting her face lightly. Jennie's eyes are closed but there is a huge smile on her face as she relaxes at the moment. Jisoo giggles and tries to stretch to her right to pull the basket nearer to them. She opens the basket, taking out the food and fruit juice she has bought earlier.

"Something simple, just in case you get hungry. I got your favourite topping," says Jisoo, as passes a sandwich wrap to Jennie, who gladly takes it. She is starving after working so hard just now. She savours on the wrap with a heapful of guacamole topping in the turkey wrap. After taking a bite, she passes it to Jisoo to share it even though the other has gotten 2 more. While eating, Jisoo points up to the sky, "look, the stars."

"Gosh, it is a really beautiful night. There are so many stars tonight."

The younger awes in amazement as she sees millions of stars twinkling brightly. The stars shine brightly even with the midnight blue sky as the background.

The older says to impress the other, "do you know that the best time to stargaze is after each moon season. This way the stars do not get overshadowed by the light reflected by the moon."

"No wonder I can't see the moon and the stars are really really pretty," the younger replied, emphasising that the stars are really pretty and to imply that she really enjoys the date. They continue to admire the stars that are twinkling brightly and start to identify shapes and images from the huge piece of astronomy canvas above them.

"It looks like a rabbit," says Jennie, as she points to the right side. Jisoo leans forward, her head resting on Jennie's right shoulder as she tries to spot the rabbit but to no avail. She replies, "does it?"

"Follow my finger," the younger replies and traces the supposed outline of the rabbit that she sees. On the other hand, Jisoo tries her very best to make it out of it. Though she still can't see it, she still says, "yea, I see it."

Jisoo continues the conversation, "I have an English name."

"Really?"

"Jisoo Turtle Rabbit Kim."

"Gosh, a really long name you've got there."

"Got it during my college years. We had given ourselves ridiculous names that sounded like a joke to me now at this age," Jisoo replies with a hearty laugh, remembering her college days.

Meanwhile, Jennie joins in the laughter but expresses that the name is really cute. She replies, "I find it really cute, Jisoo Turtle Rabbit Kim."

"Is it because of the light that is radiating on Jennie that makes her beautiful or that the younger just dazzles under the starlight?"

Jisoo thinks to her herself and can't help to blurt out unconsciously, "you are really so beautiful."

Her hands have a mind of their own as she turns the other's face slightly and kisses the other on the lips with utmost passion. After the kiss, she pulls out a box from her pocket, opening it.

"Happy monthsary."

It reveals an expensive ring that dazzles under the starlight but is still no match to how Jennie shines tonight.

"I can't accept it, it is too expensive."

"Remember our once in a while deal?"

"This is really too much."

Jisoo holds onto Jennie's left hand and slips the ring onto her ring finger.

"There, I put it on you and it is yours to keep."

Jennie really likes it and gives in eventually. The ring is too beautiful to not accept it. She stares at the ring fondly and tells Jisoo, "it is really beautiful." She then pulls out her gift from her bag. Thank goodness she has collected her gift for Jisoo earlier from the shop before she started her shift.

"Here, your gift."

"Wow, what is this?" Jisoo unwraps it by tearing the wrapping paper carefully and pulls out the object inside. It is a red phone case with a photocard holder. She sees a picture already there and it is the one that they have taken together at the frozen yoghurt place.

Jisoo really loves it and quickly changes her phone case on the spot.

"Wow, it is really pretty. You chose well, it matches my style."

Jisoo pulls Jennie in for a kiss and they enjoyed their monthsary date night with a kiss sealed under the starlight. As the night falls even darker, both of them start to pack up although they are very unwilling to end their special day and part. The car ride is not silent as they continue to bring their conversation further until Jisoo pulls over in front of Jennie's dorm.

"Before you go, I have something else for you too."

"Not more gifts, please. Jisoo, everything that you have done for today is more than enough."

"Let it slide, please? Just for today."

Jennie nods unwilling and the other quickly takes the moment to pass the other gift to her.

"This is the latest tablet. I heard that it is best for digital drawing. I saw that you have to hook your drawing pad to your laptop. With this, there is no need to. You can just save it in the cloud and you can retrieve it even from your laptop. It is really convenient, trust me. It is lightweight and portable. This way, you can finish your assignment anywhere."

Jennie is so convinced by how the marketing director has pitched the idea and comments, "no wonder you are the marketing director. I am very convinced."

"You know the night when I had my family dinner and you drew that modern hanbok? I took a picture and showed it to the fashion director of The Black Label. She is really impressed by your design and has opened up an exclusive internship opportunity for your summer break. You are on your summer break soon right? In a month's time?" asks Jisoo as she informs the other of the news.

Jennie lights up at the news. She has always been a huge fan of Im Nayeon's work. Designer Im is the leading fashion designer in the country and her work is well-loved internationally, but they are always exclusively sold locally. She remembered that Jisoo had told her that The Black Label is under Blackpink Inc. She didn't expect Jisoo to do this much for her and is really grateful to have the opportunity.

"Really?" Jennie asks, actually still not believing what she has heard.

Jisoo is hopeful that the other would say yes. She says, "I know that you are a huge fan of Nayeon's work. Besides, an added bonus is that Nayeon's office is in the main building. This means that we can see each other more often. You won't decline right?"

"Of course not! Thank you so much for everything," says Jennie gratefully and this time, she is the one that pulls Jisoo in for a kiss.

-----------------

"Is everything ready?" asks Director Kim Jisoo as secretary Park enters her office, passing the proposal for BTS Label. They are going to have one of the most important meetings of the month. Jisoo is nervous and excited at the same time. Clinching this deal means one step closer to her plan of impressing her father.

"Yes. Here is the proposal for BTS label and the meeting room has been prepared. Everything's hooked up. All we need to do is to receive the team," replies Chaeyoung. She passes the blazer that is hanging on the clothes hanger to her director.

Jisoo puts it on and says, "we can't screw this up. It is a major deal that we have to clinch." Jisoo then checks her appearance one last time before asking, "Is Nayeon ready?"

"Yes, she has received the operations manager of BTS Label and assisting with the registration."

"That's great."

Jisoo heads off to the meeting room to receive the team from Japan. It is a new fashion brand that they are collaborating with so that their own label can make a breakthrough in Japan. As the head of the marketing and sales team, she decided to be involved in this potential multi-million project with the director of their own fashion label, Im Nayeon, who is also her best friend.

Soon, Jisoo spots a familiar person walking next to Nayeon. She masks her surprise well and receives the team from BTS Label.

-----------------

A/N pt 2: Short intro for the next chapter and I believe this is where the drama is going to start *author-nim smiles but hides in embarrassment*. Had a rough plan for this story but wanted to try writing freely. Anyways, I shall stop talking here and seeya in the next chapter!