Epilogue: Love Knows No Boundary

Love Knows No Boundary

A/N: Hello! Officially started summer break though I did write a medical AU for the Jensoo collection 2 weeks ago... As I started to get back into writing stories again, I kinda feel that I have lost my ability to write... O.O Anyways, just wanted to finish this story with an epilogue that a reader suggested previously. So yea, hope that you will enjoy the epilogue!

--------------------------

Jisoo has finally recovered from the fight with her brother three months ago and is getting checked by the doctor one final time before she is officially discharged at noon. During her three months stay, she has definitely missed her own bed and taste of real food. She has been served healthy meals daily that she had begged her mother, Jennie, Chaeyoung and her friends, Taehyung and Nayeon to sneak in fried chicken, pizza and even ice cream to save her from the awful hospital diet. Her mother was the most unwilling to sneak her those unhealthy options stating that it would hinder the recovery process and instead brought homecooked food filled with love to feed her daughter. Jennie also occasionally sneaked in the greasy food but usually brings food that she cooked at her dorm for Jisoo so that it also doesn't interfere with the recovery of her injuries just like what Jisoo's mother always says. Nonetheless, she is glad to have her loved ones by her side.

Soon, the door opens and her nephew comes running in and jumps onto her side.

"Yay, aunt Jisoo is finally getting out of the hospital!" Hyunsuk gleefully exclaims as he hops onto the bed, sitting to Jisoo, who is already sitting on the bed.

"Hey little boy, who did you come with?" asks Jisoo, the boy's head.

"Jennie noona and granny Dara!" Exclaims the boy as he points to the door. As soon as he says that the two women that Jisoo love enters to receive her.

"Hyunsuk ah, never be a bad boy and fight like your appa and aunt Jisoo. Lying on the bed for 3 months, eating vegetables all day," says Mrs Kim, as she enters the ward, with Jennie holding onto her right elbow and forearm.

Hyunsuk laughs and teases her aunt before hopping off the bed to pull Jisoo's hand, wanting to leave the hospital soon. On the other hand, Jennie chuckles at Mrs Kim's remarks and that got Jisoo smiling at her, looking slightly embarrassed.

"Should we visit Oppa before we go?" asks Jisoo. Mino, who is still recovering will only be discharged about two weeks later. She wanted to at least see him before he goes. During the hospitalisation, the siblings have talked and patched up decades of animosity.

-------------

- Flashback: Two months ago -

Now that Jisoo's leg had healed and did not require elevation, she quickly took the chance to talk to her brother. Though it was him who got her into this state, she wanted to fix her familial relationship.

"Oppa," Jisoo called out for her brother as she pushed herself into the room, closing the door as she entered.

Mino turned his neck, took a look at his sister before turning his head back to the TV screen.

"Oppa, I want to talk about us," said the younger sister as she continued to wheel herself next to Mino's bed.

It was only after a moment of silence that Mino tried sitting up to face Jisoo, although unwilling.

Jisoo took it as a sign that her brother was willing to listen. She took a deep breath before speaking, "I know that we do not have a good relationship but I really want to fix it. To be honest, I am not interested in the family business anymore. You are capable of being the CEO. You just need a little more experience of actually working and understanding the company. I will help you."

He too spoke his what was on his mind all these years, "you know, Appa has always favoured you although he seemed to be biased towards me. Whenever you aren't around, he questioned why I wasn't as capable as you are. He had always known that I have handed some of my projects to you back then. He just pretended not to know. Remember the day when he announced that I was the next CEO, he told me that he had preferred your pitch over mine and that I should learn from you. He has been keeping tabs on you and your start-up ever since you left the company."

Though Mino was still feeling bitter, he let out a sigh at the end of his confession. He had enough of this rivalry too.

"Oppa... I didn't know that." Jisoo felt sorry for her brother all of a sudden, feeling bad that she had tried to pit herself against her older half-brother thinking that he was always the favoured child of their father.

"If appa has been treating us a bit more fairly, we wouldn't be in this state. Sorry." Mino had finally apologised for his actions, not only the fight but for everything over the years. He then continued, finally feeling like an older brother to Jisoo, "you know you should have called the nurse to help you here. You shouldn't be moving too much, you wheel-chaired bound pabo."

"I struck back too. I am sorry," Jisoo also apologised. She then put out her hand asking, "so, after this, we are even?"

Mino put out his hand in return, replying with conviction, "even."

- End of Flashback -

-------------

"We have visited Mino before picking you up. Do you want to see Mino before we leave?" asks Mrs Kim.

"It's alright but I wanted to that he is still stuck in bed," replies Jisoo and instead of turning towards Mino's ward, she is ready to head towards the exit. On the other hand, Dara almost wanted to roll her eyes at Jisoo's childish idea. Hyunsuk who likes the idea of his aunt teasing his father has already pulled Jisoo towards Mino's room. Instead of telling the boy to stop, she lets the boy drag her, turning around to wave at her mother and girlfriend.

Dara watches the two younger Kims heading in the opposite direction, towards Mino's ward and giggles. She turns to Jennie, apologising, "I am sorry that you will have to deal with my daughter's childish side."

Jennie in return chuckles before replying, "it's fine, it is endearing to see this side of Jisoo." She then directs Mrs Kim to a bench nearby to wait for Jisoo and Hyunsuk.

--------------------------

As the driver dropped her and Jennie back to the apartment, the younger held onto her arm, helping her to get back to her home. After she is well-settled on her bed, she lies down, feeling the familiar soft mattress under her. She closes her eyes, almost wanting to fall asleep even though that is what she has been doing for the past few months.

After putting Jisoo's clothes in the washing machine, Jennie knocks on Jisoo's door before entering, "are you asleep?"

Jisoo shakes her head, with her eyes still closed before tapping on the space next to her. Once she feels a weight next to her, she gets up, side hugging the younger, snuggling into her neck, breathing her scent.

"Your father has been pestering me about it ever since I am working there," Jennie tells the older now that she has fully recovered since they haven't been talking much about work during the older's hospitalisation. She didn't want her to worry about anything else but to fully focus on recovery.

The older looks at her with concern, holding onto the younger's hands to reassure her that she will settle it. "Going back to Blackpink Inc? I don't think I will. I told Oppa that I will guide him when he needs me. Besides, I don't think is necessary for JS company to be acquired by Blackpink Inc. I want to make a mark for myself."

"That's great. I am glad that you are getting along with your father and brother, says Jennie, smiling at Jisoo. She is glad that Jisoo is turning her life around.

The older then let go of hugging Jennie, propping herself up with her arms next to younger. She tells the other, "I never imagined that this day would happen. Anyways, Taehyung said that he wants to meet you. Let's have dinner with him and Nayeon one day."

Jennie nods, leaning forward to kiss Jisoo.

--------------------------

- One Week Later -

After resting at home for a week, she decides to meet with her father to talk before the meeting with Taehyung and Nayeon with Jennie later in the evening.

She arrives at the familiar building. Though nothing has changed, her feelings towards the company have changed. At least it doesn't feel like a battlefield anymore. It feels like one of her home. She makes her way to her father's office and is greeted by Secretary Bae.

"CEO is inside," says the secretary, opening the office door.

"Thanks, Secretary Bae," she thanks and enters the office.

"Oh, Jisoo, you are here. Are you going to tell me a piece of good news by coming all the way here personally?" Her father puts down the report that he is reading before moving to the couch. He pulls out a bottle of red wine from his collection that is next to him and also two glasses, pouring a little wine to each glass.

Jisoo takes the glass of wine that has been offered to her. She takes a sip, hoping that this would give her some courage before breaking the decision to her father.

"I'm sorry Appa, I don't want to take over the company. I will still help Mino."

Mr Kim takes off his eyeglasses, rubbing them with his pocket square, "I have expected this answer." He then continues after a sip, "you know, you are so passionate about an idea whenever you have set your mind onto it. Very typical, just like your mother."

Jisoo, feeling brave after a sip, decides to continue the difficult conversation, "appa, I don't understand why did you compare us to each other? The rivalry was pointless."

"Your brother and you?" says Mr Kim. At Jisoo's confirmation, he further explains, "you two are no ordinary children. I want you two to achieve the best. It is not the right way to teach you two that, you should have seen how your mother and Aunt Kiko nagged at me. Your mother even threatened to leave Seoul with you when you were younger. If it was your grandfather, he was even stricter than I am."

Though Jisoo still doesn't feel justified with the answer, she still accepts the explanation, replying, "I understand, Appa."

She just hopes that from now on, her relationship with her father would improve, even just slightly.

"I hear from your mother that you and Mino are getting along well. That is good. At least something good came out from the fistfight."

That is the first time her father has smiled at her. She smiles back, hopeful that their relationship would get better.

--------------------------

"Taehyung and Nayeon are over there," says Jisoo, pointing to the table at the right. She pulls Jennie along, walking hand in hand with the younger towards her friends. As they approach two of Jisoo's friends, they wave at them.

"Finally, you are going to properly introduce Jennie to us," teases Nayeon, as she passes the menu to Jisoo and Jennie.

After being served their meals, the four of them talk over their simple lunch. While conversing, Jennie has learnt so much about Taehyung and Nayeon, with the two friends trying to embarrass Jisoo as much as they can. Also, Jennie realises how similar she is to Taehyung.

"You two can pass off as siblings with how similar your interests are," comments Nayeon, laughing at the many similarities that they share.

"I will bring Tannie over from Japan one day and you can bring over Kuma. I am sure that they will get along," says Taehyung. He continues, "my company is designing outfits for pets and we are collaborating with big brands. Our Pomeranians can model for them."

Jennie nods in excitement, saying, "It sounds really fun. Can't wait for it."

Jisoo smiles, happy that Jennie and Taehyung are getting along really well. After spending what seems like many hours, they finally end the gathering with a glass of wine, before Jisoo and Jennie, and Taehyung and Nayeon leave separately.

"So how was it?" asks Jisoo, now that they are alone, walking along the streets.

"Your friends amazing," replies Jennie. She pulls Jisoo to a bench and they sit on it, hands still clasped tightly together, with Jennie leaning on Jisoo's shoulders.

"I am sorry," Jennie apologises to her all of a sudden and that makes Jisoo frown slightly, not understanding what the apology is for.

"Why?" The older asks, with genuine curiosity in her tone.

"I haven't been the best girlfriend to you. You are always the one reaching out to me and when you are at the down point, I wasn't there, by your side." Jennie explains herself, looking into Jisoo's eyes with a sincere apology. She really regrets not trusting Jisoo and their love previously, being insecure about her friendship with Taehyung.

"It was my fault too. I am really really sorry for making use of you for my own personal ambition." Jisoo also apologises and gives the younger a peck on the crown of her head, to signal to the other that whatever mistake they made were all in the past and that they don't matter anymore.

Jennie tears up at how selfless Jisoo is, putting all the blame on herself no matter what fault she has. She really doesn't deserve her and she promises to be a better partner for Jisoo, who will support her no matter what. Jisoo begins to worry, wiping the tears away. She tells Jennie whatever she wanted to convey with that gesture earlier to reassure the other again. "It's all in the past. It doesn't really matter now. What matters is that now, you are by my side and you are not going to go somewhere else right?"

Jennie nods and they share a kiss, sealing their love under the sunset. Now that everything is alright for Jisoo, she feels so lucky and blessed to have Jennie in her life. With Jennie by her side, she is confident that their love will transcend any boundary.

- End -

--------------------------

A/N pt 2: That is the end, hopefully, this ties up any loose ends.