jinjoo | five-year-old yujin

subtract & multiply

 

“I’ll be back tomorrow,” Eunbi said to Minjoo as she wore her sneakers, standing up after and slung her bag on her shoulders.


 

From the couch, Minjoo hummed as a response, also giving up a thumbs up to their leader with a small smile. “Enjoy your day with your family, unnie!” She replied, and the older woman smiled back, waving before opening the door. “Take care of the place,” Her eyes narrowed at Minjoo, lips curving up into a teasing smirk before continuing. “And Yujin.” She added and went out— closing the door gently, not waiting for the younger woman’s whine.


 

Minjoo huffed, cheeks warming before shaking her head, picking up her phone that was lying beside her and turned it on, opening the KKT app then pressed the particular group chat. She was greeted by tons of pictures and messages from the other members, especially Yena who literally flooded the group chat with pictures of her and food— and some were Yuri’s stolen pictures.


 

Obviously, the duck is having a fantastic vacation at Busan with Yuri. Minjoo could only pout in jealousy, the two decided to spend their three-days off at Yuri’s house.


 

Most of the members used this short vacation to go home and rest or travel around— Eunbi is going home, Sakura, Hitomi, and Nako are back at their mainland— Japan, Chaewon and Chaeyeon are also back at home, Wonyoung is currently at London with her family while Hyewon is at Jeju with her non-celebrity friends and yeah— Yuri and Yena are in Busan. Dorm 1 is literally empty.


 

Minjoo decided to stay home, it’s not like she doesn’t want to go home— she just doesn’t feel like going out, she would just rather laze around the dorm. So here she is, it’s just three days anyway, after that— they are back to normal again, practice for their next comeback once again.


 

And Yujin— Minjoo doesn’t know but the younger said she will stay at the dorms too, she didn’t say any specific reasons anyway. Well, speaking of that pup, the latter is still sleeping in her room—she probably stayed out late playing some games on her switch.


 

Minjoo snorted, rolling her eyes subtly before composing a reply to their group chat, just a simple— ‘enjoy y’alls short vacation <3’ and pressed send. She then visited some social media apps, scrolling there and there for an hour before changing into YT, watching cute cat compilations, and mukbangs.


 

It’s so silent around the dorm which is very rare to happen, she’s not used to it but nonetheless, she enjoyed the peaceful ambiance to the fullest.


 

Eventually, she got bored and hungry so she sat up, rubbing her droopy eyes for a bit before standing up, walking to the silent kitchen, and tried to look for some food to eat. She glanced at the clock placed on the wall, it’s already 1 in the afternoon already.


 

It’s weird, Yujin is supposed to be up already in this kind of time— either cooking or showering but oddly enough, the younger’s presence is still silent, most probably still in deep slumber. Minjoo shrugged, getting some luncheon meat for her to cook.


 

After fifteen minutes of cooking, Minjoo finished preparing the sandwiches. She didn’t forget to snap some few photos of it and sent it to their group chat, and instantly, she got some playful criticism from Hitomi.


 

Minjoo laughed it off, taking a bite on her sandwich while she’s leaning on the counter. After some bickering and teasing, Hitomi excused herself, messaging that she needed to go. With that, Minjoo also turned off her phone and pocketed it, also finishing up her sandwich and went to the fridge to get some bottled water.


 

“Hmm, Yujinie isn’t still up,” She suddenly whispered to herself after she finished drinking, her eyes landing on the remaining sandwich resting on the plate. “I should wake her up.” She muttered after deciding to check the younger woman and probably annoy her since she’s really bored— or maybe, watch dramas or movies with her and laze around with her on the couch while cuddling. Sounds nice.


 

With a smile on her lips, Minjoo skipped through the corridor and halted in front of Yujin’s door. She took a deep breath before opening it without knocking, well, Yujin herself already told her that she doesn’t need to knock and just straightly go inside.


 

Dimness greeted her, she could still see the pup’s room but barely— somehow, she felt sad since she missed being in the same room with Yujin, she would rather stay in a room with her than being alone (that’s the reason why she always barge into Yujin’s room and would stay here with the latter— and it’s probably not just the reason, there are a lot of reasons why).


 

She took a step inside, turning on the lights and with that, she could clearly see the view of Yujin’s room and it’s surprisingly tidy and clean but the said woman is nowhere to be seen which confused Minjoo, she couldn’t hear the running water either so she probably wasn’t in the bathroom.


 

“Yujin?” She called, looking around as she closed the door. “Yujin-ah…” She repeated and walked to her bed. “I made some sandwiches. Where are you, Yujinie?” She asked, a little bit pouty— she expected for the younger woman to respond but there was no response which made Minjoo grow even more confused than ever.


 

The visual then started to look for Yujin around, bathroom, closet— where she can hide, the pup must be pulling a prank on her. Minjoo noticed some clothes lying on the carpeted floor— she sighed before picking it up and placed it neatly on the chair. And if she ever went out then Minjoo would be able to notice and hear her door opening.


 

“Where did she even go?” She whispered to herself, scratching her head before shrugging. “Maybe I really didn’t notice her going out from her room,” She said and decided to look around the dorm when her eyes caught something under the bed.


 

Minjoo tilted her head, there’s a few strands of hair poking out on the gap between the floor and bed, it’s unusual, she could also feel another presence present inside this room— it’s creeping her out but she still walked closer there anyway, until she’s beside the bed.


 

She was about to kneel to check that suspicious stuff when suddenly there was a cute high-pitched sneeze coming under the bed. Minjoo flinched, and yelped. Oh, there she is! Ha, Ahn Yujin, what a sneaky pup!


 

Rejoicing with a smirk, she immediately kneeled and looked at Yujin who’s hiding under her bed. “Gotcha’!” She exclaimed happily as she kneeled but froze after when she realized something.


 

Adorable and big sparkly eyes greeted her, hazelnut orbs that emits familiarity to Minjoo. Both of them stared at each other and Minjoo tried to study this person, malfunctioning.


 

She was about to speak when suddenly, the small figure moved forward, making Minjoo stumble back backward hastily, hurting her in the process. “Ow!” She hissed, patting her bottom, trying to ease it when she heard a giggle. She slowly turned to where the sound was coming from and froze again.


 

It’s a kid, a whole child inside Yujin’s room and was hiding under her bed. What in the world? How did this kid even manage to enter their property! And hell, and even here at the pup’s room.


 

“Unnie~! Funny!” The kid said in amusement then chuckled before running to her, hugging her. Minjoo is very flustered and confused. She tried to calm down. “W-Wait! Who are you!? How did you get inside here?” She asked, shifting away from the child’s hold. She then noticed that the small stranger is wearing no clothing at all which made her feel embarrassed and shy for a bit.


 

The kid pouted, her eyes sparkling— Minjoo’s heart skipped a bit, she knew those pair of orbs very well. But impossible! What?!


 

Minjoo held the kid’s shoulders to prevent her (well, maybe the woman accidentally saw something below) from embracing her once again. She put on a very serious face. “Tell me, kiddo. Who are you and what are you doing here?” She firmly said but not enough to scare the kid.


 

Pouting, the small girl gave her puppy eyes. Minjoo almost cooed, finding her very adorable. “Yujin-ie,” She muttered her answer, confusing Minjoo. She then pointed herself and smiled brightly at the woman in front of her. “Yujin-ie!” She repeated but livelier.


 

Minjoo blinked, staring at the kid. “What?” She muttered, her voice breaking and studied the small girl’s features, then it hit her. This kid is all too familiar to Minjoo and now she knows why.


 

She already saw many old pictures of Yujin back then, baby, toddler— you name it, she already saw it all and even made it as her wallpaper back then. Maybe that’s why this girl is very familiar— because she literally looks like a preschooler Yujin.


 

“My name is Ahn Yujin, unnie.” The kid said with a big smile, giggling to herself. “Just call me Yujin-ie!” She added.


 

Minjoo just stared at her with slightly agape mouth, Yujin noticed it and her smile faded— her brows formed into a deep furrow and started to wave her hand near the frozen woman’s face to check if she’s still on Earth.


 

“Unnie? Are you okay?” The kid asked, pouting once again and blinked cutely. “Yujin-ie feels cold…” She muttered then tilted her head, patting her bare flat tummy and giggled. Minjoo’s eye twitched, feeling herself getting overwhelmed and going to explode any minute now.


 

“OH JESUS WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING!?”




 

Minjoo, never ever in her life, quite expected this at all. Well, okay, maybe— she sometimes thought of having to meet kid Yujin and baby her but that’s just a stupid halfhearted wish that doesn’t make any sense.


 

She couldn’t believe this at all, maybe this is a hidden cam? A prank that Yujin herself planned? But then if ever, who might be this kid who looked exactly like Yujin when she was a kid? Her relative or what? And where the hell is Yujin because it’s not very funny anymore, Minjoo would burst any time soon now.


 

The sudden outburst scared the kid a bit but the latter just stared at her with those sparkly hazelnut orbs while picking her ear. Minjoo felt herself getting lost in the ocean of thoughts, only to snap back in reality when the small girl once again spoke.


 

“Unnie, Yujin-ie is cold.” She repeated, her lips pursed. Minjoo looked at her, slowly nodding but obviously still not in the right mind yet. “Yes, clothes, hold on.” She muttered and slowly stood up despite having jelly legs, walking to Yujin’s closet and tried to look for clothes like she was a robot.


 

Little Yujin looked at her weirdly but she still smiled, tailing behind the pretty woman. Minjoo was browsing through the closet when she realized something, all of Yujin’s clothes are too big for this small girl’s frame and why the hell was she anyway?


 

“I think there would be no shirt that would fit you.” Minjoo said, turning to the kid, meeting gazes with her and instantly, her heart warmed. She crouched down, still sharing eye-contact with her. “Why are you anyway?” She asked softly.


 

“Yujin-ie don’t know too…” The kid pouted, looking around the room before to Minjoo. “Yujin-ie suddenly woke up here, on the floor, big and loose clothes wrapped around me!” She answered truthfully, wearing a cheeky grin but Minjoo knew that this kid was not lying. “Then Yujin-ie heard some footsteps so I hid under the bed— turns out, It was you, pretty unnie.” She added.


 

Okay, Minjoo blushed when she called her ‘pretty’ even when Yujin’s a kid, she’s already smooth (if she’s really Yujin, Minjoo is still not buying it). She nodded before standing up and tried to dig Yujin’s closet once again, she can’t let this poor kid stay bare longer.


 

“Uhm, Yujin-ie,” Minjoo awkwardly called, and little Yujin immediately perked up, her eyes obviously lit up as she looked up at her. “Eung?!” She exclaimed, smiling like a puppy. “Unnie will ask you some questions after you dress-up, alright? Unnie is very confused right now so in order to make me understand, you will answer my questions truthfully, alrighty?” She asked, grabbing Yujin’s crop-top shirt, inspecting it then nodded after thinking that it’ll be good temporary clothing for the child and faced her.


 

Little Yujin nodded, giving her a thumbs up. “Yes, unnie! Of course, Yujin-ie doesn’t lie!” She answered, grinning sheepishly at Minjoo who crouched in front of her again. “Good.” The woman said and made her wear the shirt.


 

“That would do,” She muttered when the kid wore the shirt, the hem of it reached her leg. “Let’s go to the living room.”


 


 

“Yujin-ie is hungry,” Kid Yujin suddenly said, pouting at Minjoo as they walked towards the living room. The woman nodded, thinking of the sandwich she made earlier. “Okay, sit there and wait for me, I’ll just get some food for you.” She said, patting her head before turning around and went to the kitchen to get the kid some food and drink.


 

Minjoo took a deep breath and massaged her aching temple, still couldn’t process everything. “What the heck is happening, that kid also has the same birthmark Yujin has on her neck.” She muttered to herself, remembering the birthmark she saw on the kid’s neck— she and Yujin have the same birthmark, the color, the shape— it’s clearly the same.


 

“Oh god, this can’t be serious. I need to call Eunbi-unnie or else I would go insane.” Minjoo whispered to herself and went back to the living room with a tray with her.


 

She spotted little Yujin standing in the middle of the living room, curiously scanning her surroundings but she noticed her presence immediately and ran up to her. “Pretty-unnie!” Minjoo blushed with that but she remained composed and gave her the food and drink.


 

Little Yujin’s eyes sparkled at the sight of the food and immediately took a bite of her sandwich, munching it happily and humming in delight— Minjoo let out a relieved sigh, usually, teen Yujin would first before admitting that it was good.


 

“It doesn’t taste good,” The kid suddenly commented and Minjoo gave her a blank look. Little Yujin took another bite and smiled. “Yujin-ie was just joking, It’s good, unnie!” She said and chewed it happily.


 

Minjoo bit her lower lip, well, Yujin is mischievous ever since she was young. “So, Yujin-ie,” She started. “Do you remember anything that happened to you before you slept and woke up here?” She asked, while watching the little Yujin eat.


 

Swallowing the food first, Yujin hummed, thinking deeply before answering. “No…” She scratched her head. “Yujin-ie doesn’t remember anything…” She muttered, taking another big bite.


 

Minjoo nodded, sighing before throwing another question. “What are your parents’ names?” She asked once again and the kid answered Yujin’s parents’ name. With that, the woman started to mercilessly ask her some questions.


 

Okay, maybe Minjoo is slowly believing that this kid is really Yujin who just magically transformed into this. Little Yujin answered every question regarding Yujin correctly, it’s like Minjoo is fooling herself at this rate. The kid couldn’t answer the questions based on the recent ones though.


 

Heck, she doesn’t even know Minjoo’s name, and little Yujin was so excited when she learned it, even complimenting how pretty her name is like her face. Wow, so young yet already a smoothtalker.


 

“How old are you right now, Yujin?” Minjoo watched Yujin count with her fingers then showed her hands, all fingers up.


 

“I’m five! Yujin-ie is five years old!” She answered with a giggle and the woman froze for a bit, recalling something very familiar.


 

“Five Yujins or Five-year-old Yujin?”

 

“Five-year-old Yujin!”


 

Minjoo’s shoulders slumped, feeling herself deflating and ruffled her hair in frustration. This can’t be serious! Maybe she’s just dreaming? Yeah, maybe.


 

She slapped herself and got hurt, that was a stupid move. “Minjoo-unnie, what are you doing?” A squeaky voice can be heard, obviously worried. Minjoo looked up and smiled at the worried little Yujin. “I-I’m okay. I will just call someone, behave and be quiet.” She commanded and took out her phone.


 

Little Yujin nodded, wearing a very innocent smile. “Eung~” She muttered which made Minjoo smile. At least, kid Yujin is very obedient.




 

Minjoo regretted saying that little Yujin is a good kid. In the middle of a very serious conversation with Eunbi in FaceTime, the kid started to roam around the dorm and Minjoo let her, expecting that she wouldn’t do anything stupid until she started to run around the place with a blanket as cape while screaming and giggling, and if the visual can remember it clearly that blanket is Yena’s.


 

“Yeah, I’m very serious with this unnie. Anyway, she’s currently— wait, what the hell is she doing— OH MY GOD YUJIN!” Minjoo shrieked when Yujin accidentally hit the lamp with her blanket (cape).


 

“Yieeee!” Yujin squealed, not minding the lamp and continued running around the living room, almost hitting some things. Minjoo sprung up from her seat and ran to the lying lamp, scanning it. She let out a relieved sigh when the lamp didn’t break, and picked it up, placing it on the table with one hand.


 

“Minjoo? What happened?” Eunbi asked, obviously worried. Minjoo glanced at the phone. “She accidentally hit the lamp,” She said, eyeing Yujin who’s now hiding behind the couch then started to slowly peek her head, scanning the room before rolling on the floor like she’s an action movie star.


 

“Yujin-ie, didn’t I tell you to be quiet and behave?” The woman said, walking to the kid to get the blanket off her when she rolled away with a giggle, sticking her tongue out. “Catch me first, unnie!” She said and ran through the hallway, after a few seconds, noise of door being opened and closed can be heard


 

Minjoo stood there, dumbfounded. Eunbi was also silent.


 

“Remember what Mrs. Ahn told us back then?” The older woman suddenly spoke, Minjoo turned to the phone with a look. “She did mention that she had a hard time taking care and raising Yujin back then when she was younger since she was a hyper kid— well, until now she is but you know, kids tend to be more energetic and cheerful.” Eunbi continued and the younger woman did remember that, that was the time where Mrs. Ahn visited the dorm once to give them some home-cooked foods and had a chat with the other members.


 

Of course, Minjoo can remember that clearly, it’s about Yujin after all.


 

“So yeah, like I said earlier, take care of Yujin. I’ll just drop by my home and go back quickly, alright? Don’t call any managers. We’ll settle this on our own to avoid some problems but I’ll tell the members about this.” Eunbi said and Minjoo sighed, she had no choice anyway— she’s more than willing and glad to take care of kid Yujin but now, she’s wondering if she could really do it given that this pup is like this.


 

Minjoo nodded. “Got it, please come quick. The whole situation won’t still sink in my mind.” She responded and the leader hummed. “Yup, I need to witness it with my own two eyes. Now, make sure to not keep your eyes away from that kid. Just call me if there’s any problem.” She said before ending the video call.


 

Taking a deep breath, the woman turned off her phone and pocketed it, looking at the direction of the hallway before starting to find Yujin.


 

After looking and checking every room, she found Yujin inside her’s, strumming her precious guitar clumsily and harshly. “Oh my gah…” Minjoo exclaimed with wide eyes, covering in shock as she felt her world crash slowly in front of her as the kid harassed her guitar.


 

“Not my guitar!” She said in panic and ran to Yujin to get her guitar off her but the kid was faster- she already stood up from the couch, dragging the guitar with her as she dashed on the corner of the room.


 

Minjoo bit her lower lip, her eyes narrowing to the grinning little Yujin. She tried to calm herself down— it’s a kid, Minjoo, don’t snap— not just any kid but it’s Yujin, Minjoo-ah… It’s Yujin, so calm down.


 

“Yujin-ie,” She called out softly and the kid tilted her head then hummed. “Put the guitar back to where it was placed earlier.” She said, approaching her calmly and carefully, for a second, Minjoo thought she managed to make her obey but the kid just smiled at her and ran around, still dragging her guitar with her.


 

Well, it would be hard convincing and bribing her at this rate.


 

Ahn Yujin, teen Yujin— is very obedient, especially when it comes to her unnie, Minjoo. It’s not a secret that the pup likes and is very whipped for Minjoo to the point the visual could only control her and make her obey in any situation but it looks like it would be a different case with kid Yujin.



 

“Ahn Yujin!” Minjoo roared, feeling frustrated seeing her guitar getting dragged along the floor. However, it was a wrong move since the kid flinched badly at her yell, her hold on the guitar tightening and lips quivering.


 

It took Minjoo five seconds to realize what she had done and her eyes widened in horror when she noticed that the kid’s eyes started to water and her body started to shake.


 

“WAAAAAH! UNNIE IS MAD AT YUJIN-IE!” Yujin cried, tears started to flow from her eyes and continued to wail, letting go of the guitar and used her arm to cover her eyes.



 

“N-No, No! Yujin-ah,” The visual panicked and ran to her, crouching in front of the sobbing kid and tried to calm her down but Yujin rejected her, shoving her away and ran outside while crying so loudly. “Minjoo-unnie hates Yujin-ie!” She sobbed and disappeared from the room, leaving Minjoo sitting down on the floor of her room, not knowing what to do.



 


 

“What do you mean you made her cry? I thought you’re good at handling and playing along with kids, Minjoo-ah? Then this? It hasn’t been fifteen minutes since our last conversation yet here we are…” Eunbi said from the other line, obviously not amused at all. Minjoo bit her thumbnail, watching little Yujin cry and curl herself into a ball on the space between the couch and wall, seemingly hiding away from Minjoo but the latter could hear her loud sniffles and wails from there so she spotted her easily.


 

Yeah, she’s very good at taking care of kids but what happened? She’s very good at handling her emotions and enduring stuff but she exploded that easily, and unluckily she snapped at Yujin, not just Yujin but five-year-old Yujin! Maybe, she just really panicked.


 

“I-I got upset, okay? She kept dragging my guitar around my room, and somehow, I snapped. Unnie, what should I do? She won’t let me go near to her and won’t stop crying…” Minjoo asked, her shoulders slump.


 

There’s a deep sigh from the other line. “Of course, she would cry, you know how fragile Yujin is Minjoo-ah— now, she’s more sensitive since she’s a kid. But whatever, It already happened. Just tame her, comfort her, tell her that you don’t mean it.” Eunbi instructed and thank god, she exists or else Minjoo would go crazy.


 

Minjoo hung up after, nodding to herself for reassurance. “Yes, Minjoo, tame, comfort, hug.” She whispered to herself before carefully approaching the crying kid, very nervous and scared to be pushed away once again.


 

“Hey, Yujin-ie…” She called, crouching near the kid but she made sure to put some distance so she wouldn’t overwhelm the small girl. “Yujin-ah,” She once again called with the most gentle tone she could do, cooing mentally when she saw Yujin’s messy and crying face, it’s very ugly yet cute but it’s not a good time to gush about it now.


 

“Unnie is very sorry for yelling at you like that, unnie didn’t intend to raise her voice, hmm?” Minjoo softly explained, puckering her lips and started to inch closer. She noticed how Yujin’s cries started to get lower, and the latter looked at her. “I don’t hate Yujin-ie, I’m not mad either.” She continued and finally, she’s near the kid, she’s very glad that Yujin didn’t shove her off this time.


 

“Nooo, you’re upset b-because of me…” Yujin whined, sniffing and wiping her tears with her sleeves. Minjoo bit her lower lip. “It’s not true, I was just shocked, alright? So don’t cry anymore, come here to unnie, I’ll give you a hug.” She responded and spread her arms wide open.


 

The kid wiped her snot and slowly kneeled, shifting closer to Minjoo while still crying and wrapped her short arms around the woman’s neck, clinging into her like a koala. Minjoo hugged back tightly, rubbing her back and hushing her down gently before standing up, carrying the crying kid with her and started to sway slowly around the room.


 

“Don’t cry anymore, what a baby.” Minjoo said, Yujin’s short hair. She can feel the shoulder part of her shirt is getting soaked because of the tears and probably, snot and saliva from the kid but she just shrugged it off. “Nooo! Yujin-ie is already a big girl, not a baby anymore.” Yujin growled, huffing and leaned away from Minjoo’s shoulder, glaring at her.


 

Minjoo snorted, letting out a chuckle after. “You’re still a baby,” She cooed, pinching the child’s fluffy cheek and wiped the remaining tears away before cheekily grinning at her. “My baby.” She teased but Yujin just pouted and didn’t protest, once again leaning back to her spot.


 

The woman started to gently sway again, cradling Yujin in her arms. “Do you want to sleep?” She asked, and the kid nodded, obviously sleepy. “Okay then, I’ll hum you a song~” She added and started to hum some random children's songs.


 

Eventually, Yujin fell asleep quickly on her arms. Minjoo went to the pup’s room and gently laid her down, tucking her in bed. After seeing Yujin peacefully sleeping, she went to the couch and sat there, taking a deep breath and stretched her limbs. It’s not even two hours yet after Yujin magically transformed into a hyper kid yet Minjoo felt so exhausted as hell already, fortunately, it’s very easy to make the kid fall asleep.


 

This whole situation still overwhelms her, it’s like a fever dream. She still couldn’t believe it but she knew enough that this isn’t a prank or anything, it’s real, it’s happening but how?


 

Whatever, Minjoo’s head hurt from all of the thoughts so she decided to open her phone and her eyes widened from all the notifications from her members, all of them asking regarding kid Yujin.


 

Patiently, Minjoo answered it all, members asked for some proofs so she had to take pictures and videos of the sleeping kid, some members were reluctant and still not believing it (although they know that Minjoo wouldn’t dare to lie, the whole story is just very… unbelievable at all and Minjoo understands) and some, especially Yena and Hyewon, are very delighted with it, wanting to go to the dorm as fast as they could however, they are away.


 

Chaewon volunteered to go there and check, also help Minjoo to tend the hyper little girl, oh bless you, Chaewon! Minjoo thought.


 

After an hour, Minjoo was about to doze off when the doorbell rang, followed by the sound of the door opening. She immediately went onto her feet, quietly slipping out the room and met with Chaewon and Eunbi halfway.


 

“Where’s Yujin?” Eunbi asked, and Minjoo stepped aside, pointing to the pup’s room. “At her room, she’s sleeping so please—” She didn’t even manage to finish off when the leader marched towards the door and opened it, harshly.


 

Eunbi immediately gasped when she saw the small figure tucked in the blanket, Chaewon popping out behind her and also gasped when she saw it with her own two eyes. Carefully, they went to the sleeping kid and scanned her, mindblown.


 

“No freaking way,” Chaewon muttered, covering and looked at Minjoo who just gave her a look. “This girl is definitely Yujin by just looking at her birthmark, and bruh, she showed me a lot of her baby pictures and they look exactly the same.” She added and Eunbi could only nod in agreement.


 

“How the hell did this sorcery happen?” The oldest muttered, nibbling on her lower lip, eyes still glued at the kid Yujin. Minjoo sighed, walking closer to them. “I don’t know either, I just found her under the bed, already like that and .” She answered and flicked her fingers. “Which reminds me, we need smaller clothes for her.” She added.


 

Eunbi nodded and sighed, rubbing her nape. “We should buy clothes and food for her,” She said and Minjoo hummed. “Yup.”


 

They were about to exit the room and talk about it again when suddenly, Yujin started to moan and move around, frowning then after a few seconds, she opened her eyes and started to cry. The three of them panicked, Eunbi immediately went into action though (motherly instinct), trying to calm the little girl.


 

“Shhh, Eunbi-unnie is here, Yujin-ah. Come here to unnie, don’t cry.” The leader hushed gently but the kid shoved her away, crying even louder. “Minjoo-unnie! Minjoo-unnie!” She wailed, not wanting to be touched by Eunbi.


 

Minjoo and Eunbi met gazes, the leader signalled for her to calm her down and the visual immediately did it without any second thoughts, scooping little Yujin from her bed and cradled her once again, patting her back gently.


 

“Hey, hey. Calm down, little one. Unnie is here.” She whispered and instantly, Yujin stopped crying, just hugging her tightly, avoiding meeting eyes with Chaewon and Eunbi.


 

The two newcomers tried to initiate a conversation with Yujin but the kid won’t speak, just huffing and burying her face on Minjoo’s neck.


 

“Well, since she just likes you, I guess me and Chaewon would go and shop.” Eunbi said after her nth failed attempt at getting Yujin’s attention. Minjoo nodded. The two then left after, leaving them there in the middle of the room.


 

“Do you want orange juice and biscuits?” Minjoo offered, and Yujin immediately nodded.


 

Minjoo went to the kitchen to prepare it and tried to make Yujin sit at the chair but the kid would just growl and cling into her tighter that’s why she had a hard time preparing the snacks. After that, they went to the living room and Minjoo opened the television and switched the channel to kid’s one.


 

Yujin happily ate her biscuits, engrossed on watching the animation film that’s currently running on the channel— while sitting on Minjoo’s lap, she refused to sit on the couch itself so the woman couldn’t do anything but to let her sit there and lean to her.


 

“Don’t be mean to Eunbi-unnie and Chaewon-unnie, alright? They are good people.” Minjoo mentioned but Yujin just pouted, nodding. Well, hopefully this time she would really obey.


 

They bonded at the living room while waiting for the two to reach home. They played hide and seek, fortunately, Yujin is being a good girl and not a mischievous one. Minjoo enjoyed playing around with the kid, but there would be a time that she would prank her and would fall from her traps. Yujin is indeed a prankster ever since she was young.


 

A few minutes after, Eunbi and Chaewon came home with shopping bags and grocery bags. “Yujin-ie! Eunbi-unnie got some tteokbokki! Aren’t tteokbokki your favorite?” Eunbi lured so Yujin would come to her and the kid surprisingly went to her immediately, still a little bit shy.


 

The leader happily fed her tteokbokki and eventually, Yujin became more comfortable and relaxed around Eunbi.


 

Minjoo released a deep sigh, watching Yujin and Eunbi getting along very well. She didn’t even know that she’s already smiling already at the sight, although it’s still quite confusing and unbelievable, she couldn’t help but to coo.


 

“Hey, Min,” Someone called for her, it was Chaewon. The orange haired woman went up to her with a small smile, halting beside her, the younger hummed, tilting her head. “Here. I bought you some gummies. You need to regain energy.” She said, taking out the pack of gummies from her hoodie’s pocket and handed it to Minjoo.


 

The latter’s eyes sparkled at the sight of her favorite snack and squealed, pulling Chaewon into a brief embrace. “Oh, Chaewon-unnie, what would I do without you!” She exclaimed, pulling away with a cheeky smile.


 

“Unnie…”


 

Minjoo and Chaewon immediately looked down, following where the voice came from and was greeted by Yujin who’s wearing an unreadable expression. The visual hummed. “What’s wrong, Yujin-ie?” She asked, worried. She side-eyed Eunbi who’s still sitting on the couch, giving her a shrug and confused look from there.


 

“Hug…” The kid whispered but Minjoo didn’t quite hear it well. “Huh?”


 

“Yujin-ie wants a hug,” Yujin said, much louder this time and Minjoo heard her well, complying immediately and pulled the kid into an embrace, also carrying her up again. Weird.


 

“Anyway, unnie, I’ll dress her up. We’ll be right back.” Minjoo said and picked up the shopping bags with her one hand while her other one supported Yujin before walking to her room.


 

Chaewon and Eunbi witnessed how Yujin glared and stuck her tongue out to the orange haired as they exited the living room. They were amused, very amused especially Chaewon and even laughed at it.


 

“She definitely got jealous of you, Chaewon-ah. She instantly frowned when she saw you and Minjoo talking, and literally marched down to you guys when the both of you hugged.” Eunbi said, chuckling and shoved a piece of rice cake in .


 

The orange haired giggled, sitting down beside the leader and also picked a rice cake and ate it. “Most likely,” She responded.


 


 

Minjoo experienced difficulty in dressing little Yujin up since the kid would run away from her whenever she tried to put the clothing on her. Obviously, Yujin was teasing and playing around but fortunately, the kid took the hint that the visual already looked exhausted and quietly took the shirt from Minjoo’s hand and wore it herself.


 

But hey, she received a gentle pat at the head from Minjoo and the latter even called her ‘good girl’. Maybe, she should be a good girl frequently so she would receive praises, pats, and hugs from the woman.


 

The four of them are currently at the living room, Eunbi bought some toys that Yujin can play with and the latter was absolutely ecstatic with the stuffed toy and other variety of toys. The leader knew what the kid would like.


 

“Eunbi-unnie bought that!” The oldest boasted, crouching beside Yujin, and wearing a proud smirk. The kid’s mouth went agape, clapping before picking up the cute dog plushie and hugged it. “Now, where’s my kiss?” She asked, pointing at her cheek.


 

Yujin was hesitant at first but she pecked Eunbi’s cheek nonetheless, shy and obviously blushing. The leader squealed and pinched Yujin’s cheek, also embracing her. “Wow, kid Yujin is so cute! I will cherish this moment while I still can, oh my god!” She muttered and took out her phone, taking pictures and videos of the kid.


 

“We could tease Yujin with that.” Chaewon suggested while wearing an amused smile. Eunbi nodded. “Yeah, 100% she would forget this fantasy-stuff happened when she turns back into normal.” She answered with a grin but it didn’t last long. “Which reminds me, oh my god, when will she go back to her normal self!?” She panicked.


 

Minjoo, who’s having a group video call with the available members, also panicked. They’ll be dead for sure. Ahn Yujin of best-selling & monster girl group, IZ*ONE— magically turns into a five-year-old kid.


 

Suddenly, Hitomi butted in. “I’m sure she would turn back soon,” She said and ate a piece of tangerine. Chaewon glanced at the screen. “How do you say so?” She asked the japanese woman.


 

Hitomi shrugged. “Well, in movies, fanfictions— they typically turn back in a day or two. And I’m confident with that.” She answered and Yena gasped, even clapping at Hitomi’s smart response, amazed. “Wow, Hii-chan! You’re right!”


 

The video call didn’t last long, some already ended it since they are either doing something or resting but as for Yena, Yuri, Wonyoung, and Hyewon, they stayed— trying to talk with Yujin and surprisingly, the kid would respond and would even laugh to Yena’s jokes.


 

Minjoo smiled at the sight at Yujin showing off her new toys to the other girls before standing up, stretching. “I’ll just take a bath, unnie. You guys watch her for the meantime.” She said to Chaewon, the latter just hummed as a response.


 

With that, Minjoo walked towards her room but before she could even open the door, there was a hug on the hem of her shirt. She looked down and saw Yujin, blinking cutely at her. “Yujin-ie wants to take a bath too.” She said.


 

Sighing, Minjoo could only nod and smile. “Okay, unnie will wash you up. Let’s go.” She said, guiding the kid to the bathroom.


 


 

Bathing kid Yujin, would probably be one of the hardest one she ever dealt with. The little girl was still hyper, always flapping her arm on the water, causing it to splash around the bathroom and used the shampoo as a body wash, and would even pour shampoo on the floor (Minjoo almost slipped twice).


 

It took her full thirty minutes to properly wash Yujin’s hair since she kept putting soap, body wash, and shampoo on her hair. She let the kid play on the bathtub for a while, while she sits on a small stool beside her.


 

Minjoo is already drenched, head to toe because Yujin would splash water at her but she enjoyed it nonetheless, she also splashes water to the kid as revenge.


 

Currently, she’s dressing the kid up, and fortunately, she’s not being playful and let Minjoo dress her up. “Unnie will shower first, alright? Play with Eunbi-unnie and Chaewon-unnie for the meantime. If you get hungry, just ask them.” She said and straightened Yujin’s clothes.


 

The kid nodded. “Aye! Aye!” She muttered and even did a salute gesture. Minjoo chuckled. “Okay, let’s go.” She muttered but Yujin didn’t budge into her spot, confusing her.


 

“Unnie, am I a good girl?” Yujin asked out of a sudden, surprising Minjoo. She just nodded. “Yes, yes, you are.” She answered. The kid grinned, clapping happily. “Then pat Yujin-ie on the head!” She responded eagerly.


 

For a few seconds, Minjoo froze, trying to sink what she just said and when it did, she bursted into a pit of laughter, making Yujin blush. She nodded, biting her lower lip to suppress herself from laughing. “Aigoo,” She cooed, pinching Yujin’s fluffy cheek before giving her pats on the head, also her short hair which made the kid smile.


 

“There you go, kid, now go to Eunbi-unnie.” She said and retreated her hand. Yujin nodded with a pout before jumping from the bed, landing smoothly at the carpeted floor and started to Naruto-run away from her room.


 

Minjoo smiled. “Cutie,”


 


 

All of them are currently on the dining table, watching Eunbi cook their dinner. Yujin is sitting on Minjoo’s lap while playing with her toys on the table, and would occasionally give Chaewon, who’s across them, glares— especially whenever the orange haired woman would strike a conversation with Minjoo.


 

Few minutes had passed and Eunbi already prepared the food for them, ready to be eaten. Yujin’s eyes sparkled at the sight of the food.


 

Eunbi volunteered to feed Yujin but the kid refused to stay away from her unnie, Minjoo and so, they couldn’t do anything with it and let the child, they don’t want to take the risk of having Yujin crying after being taken away from Minjoo.


 

The dinner went well and ended peacefully, after that, Chaewon volunteered to wash the dishes. Once again, they went to the living room and stayed there.


 

They decided to watch Frozen, and the kid was happy over it. “Olaf! Olaf!” She would scream whenever the snowman would appear on the screen. She even growled at the television when Hans appeared after revealing his true side.


 

After watching the animation movie, Yujin asked to play hide and seek with the three of them and whipped for the kid and her adorableness, they agreed without any hesitation.


 

It didn’t go well, at the first round, Chaewon was the one who will find them and caught Yujin almost immediately— and out of the blue, the little kid started to throw tantrums and cried over the reason for being the first one who got caught.


 

They were confused but tried their best to comfort and make her stop crying, after all, this Yujin is a five-year-old kid. Eunbi was the first one to scoop Yujin with her arms and swayed her around like a baby, hushing her down but the kid just sobbed louder.



 

Chaewon bit her thumbnail. “Wow, I couldn’t imagine how Mrs. Ahn managed to endure all of that for years. It requires a lot of patience to take care of kid Yujin.” She muttered and sighed, Minjoo just agreed silently.


 

“You know what, I’ll head to my room and rest. Just call me if you guys need help.” She said, and rubbed her nape. Minjoo hummed and watched the older woman walk to her room.


 

She turned around and saw Eunbi approaching her with a worried face. “She won’t stop crying, maybe you can.” She muttered, and passed Yujin to her and instantly, the kid started to calm down. “Wow, she does have favorites.” The oldest snickered which made Minjoo chuckle, rubbing Yujin’s back to soothe and comfort her.


 

“She’s still even a whole- baby even if she’s already five, well, even a seventeen year-old Yujin is still a baby.” Eunbi said, shaking her head in amusement before walking closer, Yujin’s hair and giggled when the kid sniffed but thankfully, she’s not crying anymore.


 

“Can you take care of her alone? I’m already sleepy, and my back hurts all of a sudden.” Eunbi suddenly said, then started to stretch. Minjoo nodded with a smile. “Yes, I can. You should rest now, unnie.” She responded.


 

Eunbi hummed. “Just go in my room if you need something. Yujin-ie! Eunbi-unnie will go now, good night, babygirl!” She cooed, and kissed Yujin’s cheek. The kid grimaced and hid her face on the visual’s shoulder which made the two older women giggle.


 

“Imma go now, you should make her sleep now too, it’s getting late.” Eunbi said, glancing at the clock that says 10:23pm before walking away, leaving the two at the living room.


 

Minjoo took a deep breath, continuing cradling the kid on her arms. “Are you already sleepy?” She quietly asked the kid. Yujin shook her head. “I still want to watch Cars with you,” She responded. The woman nodded and settled on the couch, reaching for the remote with a smile. “Cars, it is then.”


 


 

Yujin didn’t last, halfway to the movie, Minjoo noticed how the little girl would doze off so she went into action immediately, scooping the sleepy kid and cradled her once again while humming some random tune.


 

Minjoo is very exhausted, she didn’t know that it would be challenging taking care of five-year-old Yujin but hey, she had a lot of fun too. She still can’t believe she just met kid Yujin, yes, she did wish for that but ever in her life she would think that it will really happen. It still won’t sink into her brain but everything’s real, she knows.


 

“Unnie…” Yujin drowsily called for her and Minjoo hummed as a response. The kid leaned away from her shoulders to look at her. “Yujin-ie loves you.” She sleepily said and pressed a chaste kiss on her cheek, before going back to her spot again, snuggling to her neck.


 

Minjoo smiled warmly. “Minjoo-unnie loves you too~ Good night, Yujin-ah.” She whispered and continued to cradle the kid until she fully fell asleep. And after fifteen minutes, she’s confident that Yujin’s already in deep slumber and went to the couch, lying down in there and let the kid sleep on top of her— she’s not that heavy anyway and Minjoo is too tired to go back to her room.


 

She took a deep breath, patting Yujin’s gently and continued to hum a song for her. She glanced down, staring at the kid.


 

This day is still unbelievable to her. Many happened, she still couldn’t process it no matter what. Her mind started to run, thinking of possible reasons on why Yujin turned to a kid and what might happen if she would stay like this for a long time. There’s a lot of thoughts running through her mind at that very moment.


 

She didn’t even realize that sleepiness also took over her and fell asleep there with Yujin. She fell asleep thinking of what might possibly happen tomorrow.

 



 


 

Chaewon went out of her room, yawning and glanced at the clock. It’s still 11pm. She felt thirsty so she went out of her room to get a glass of water and check Minjoo and Yujin before she sleeps.


 

She was shocked to find Minjoo and Yujin sleeping there on the couch. Both of them look comfortable there though and she doesn’t have the heart to wake them up so in the end, she decided to get some thick blanket and covered them with that.


 

But before she went back to her room, she snapped a few pictures— gushing over it and sent it to the group chat.


 


 

Minjoo slowly woke up but she didn’t open her eyes yet, feeling very warm yet heavy at the same time— like there’s something on top of her but she could still breathe. The thing above her is very warm though, a comfortable warmth that she doesn’t want for it to go away, however, she feels stiff and her body is screaming to be stretched, it’s a very uneasy feeling.


 

She tried to move but the weight on top of her stopped her, she let out a whine, swinging her arm on the thing stuck above her and surely, it’s huge. It made her snap her eyes open in an instant.


 

Strands of raven hair and seemingly bare shoulder greeted her the moment she opened her eyes. It even took her whole five seconds to process what might be it until she realized that it’s a whole person laying on top of her.


 

Minjoo froze, staring up to the ceiling of their dorm. She could hear some peaceful breathing and she could feel the warm breath hitting her exposed skin near her shoulders. The familiar scent of vanilla invaded her scent and almost immediately, she realized that this person above her must be none other than— Ahn Yujin.


 

Before she made any movements, she recalled what happened last night- memories attacked her one by one— from spotting a kid in Yujin’s room and finding out that Yujin had transformed into a five-year-old kid to cradling the kid to sleep and eventually, fell asleep with her here on the couch. Must be a dream only, because the person on top of her is no kid at all!


 

She gasped after reminiscing all of that for a good five minutes and somehow, it woke the woman up. She gulped when she heard some muffled groans from the person, and started to shift gently, lifting her weight with her both bare arms.


 

Minjoo met Yujin’s equally droopy and confused eyes but she would admit, her heart skipped a bit when she finally saw Yujin’s face properly, there were some stray strands covering her godly features but she remained ethereal, and oh, that messy hair got Minjoo internally screaming and gay panicking.


 

“Unnie?” The younger called for her, her voice still raspy yet husky because she just woke up but as usual, it made Minjoo heart act up. “Yeah?” She responded, still staring at her, getting nervous because Yujin’s face is just above hers, about five inches away.


 

“W-Why am I here? Sleeping on top of you? What happened yesterday? I-I can’t remember stuff.” Yujin asked, looking around to scan their current situation and literally the epitome of ‘???’. Minjoo took a deep breath, shifting a little bit and felt her muscles easing after that. “I-I think I might have an idea but— let’s call Eunbi-unnie and Chaewon-unnie so they could help me explain what happened.” She answered and the younger just nodded obediently.


 

There’s a big chance that what happened yesterday was not fake at all, it really did happen judging how Yujin ended up sleeping on top of her since the kid was laying and sleeping above her last night. But to prove that it really did happen, she needs Eunbi and Chaewon since they’ve witnessed it too with their own two eyes.


 

“H-Hold awn!” Minjoo’s eyes widened in horror when her gaze unconsciously dropped, seeing something that she isn’t supposed to see. “Yujin!” She said in panic, looking up at the younger and started to go red. Yujin just gave her a confused look.


 

“Why are you for the love of god!?” Minjoo screamed, covering her eyes. Oh jesus! Oh jesus! She chanted in her mind. It took Yujin a whole second to realize and react.


 

She was horrified as Minjoo. Fortunately, there was a blanket covering her back, however, it didn’t cover her front. She took the whole blanket and wrapped herself with it within a second, gathering the last bit of her strength to pull away from the older and sat on the other corner of the couch, equally red as Minjoo while tightly gripping at the hem of the blanket.


 

Minjoo slowly sat up, still blushing madly and very awkward for it. “How did you even end up bare!” She asked, massaging her temples. It’s too early for this, she’s very embarrassed.


 

Yujin scratched her head, trying to recall it. “W-Well, I think I woke up earlier. I felt my clothes were too tight so I took it off half-asleep and was not aware of my surroundings, and after that, I went back to sleep.” She muttered, her eyes roaming around the room and darted on the floor, eyeing the children's sized shirt and shorts that looked over-stretched.


 

Minjoo also looked down and saw it, it was the clothes kid Yujin was wearing last night, and the ones Eunbi bought. She slowly deflated. “God, It really happened.” She muttered under her breath while Yujin looked at her, confused. The older met her gaze and threw her a smile.


 

“Dress up and be back here, I’ll explain what happened yesterday. Prepare your mind to be blown away.”



 


 

The door of Dorm 2 was suddenly opened harshly, creating a loud noise, followed by Yena’s shout. “WHERE IS KID YUJIN!?!?!?!?!?!?” She then marched down to the living room but found no presence in that place so she went to the kitchen with Yuri trailing behind.


 

“Where is—” Yena paused, four pair of eyes staring at her when she approached the kitchen. The blonde looked around, spotting someone small but no luck for her, she didn’t see one. “Hi, Eunbi-unnie, Chaewon-ah, Minjoo-ah, and Yujin-ah! Where’s the kid—” Once again, she paused upon realizing something. Her eyes went to Yujin who’s nibbling on her sandwich.


 

“Hi, unnie! How’s the short vacation with Yuri-unnie?” Yujin asked, then threw a bright smile to her. Yena froze, and after she recovered, she marched down closer to the pup with an unreadable face and cupped the both of her cheeks, squishing it. “You already went back to normal!?” She asked, then tugged her own hair frustratedly.


 

Yujin nodded, taking another bite from her sandwich. “Well, thankfully, yes. As you can see,” She said, presenting herself proudly while Minjoo just giggled. Yena deflated. “Me and Yuri literally hurried to go home just to meet five-year-old Yujin and cut our trip short then…” She muttered sadly while Yuri comforted her.


 

Chaewon rolled her eyes at her roommates' dramatic act. Eunbi just shrugged and started to brag about having to play with five-year-old Yujin to Yena and Yuri while Minjoo laughed at them.


 

The youngest in the room smiled, sighing before leaning closer to Minjoo. The three, Eunbi, Minjoo, and Chaewon— explained everything to her earlier. They didn’t know how the hell it happened, there’s no such scientific explanation for what happened but oh well! Maybe God has plans for them.


 

Yujin, of course, didn’t believe at first even calling her three unnies lunatic and ‘going cray-cray and bonkers’ because of that. At first, she thought that they might be pranking her but with the solid proofs, she believed. After all, Minjoo doesn’t lie and along the way, she could remember some bits of what happened yesterday while she was a five-year-old kid.


 

It still confuses her, not just her, but everyone.


 

She leaned to Minjoo, and the latter just let her, even wrapping her arm around her shoulder. “Thank you for taking care of me yesterday, judging from y’alls stories, you were the person who took care of me the most.” She muttered. “You must have a lot of patience.” She teased and the both of them chuckled. “Well, at the first hour, I snapped but hey, I learned how to endure it.” Minjoo responded, reaching for her chin and rubbed it affectionately.


 

“Taking care of a five-year-old Yujin was exhausting and challenging but fun at the same time. It’s an unforgettable short experience, I must say.” She added, pressing a kiss on Yujin’s crown. She will admit but she kind of missed the kid Yujin, her adorableness and hyperness.


 

The younger looked up to her, blinking cutely like a puppy that made Minjoo’s heart swell. “I was a good girl, right?” She asked. Minjoo patted her head. “You were, you are my good girl.” She responded.


 

Both of them smiled cheekily and meaningfully to each other, however, their cute interaction was disturbed by Yena who sat beside Yujin and ate her left-over sandwich. “Oh welp, maybe next time, who knows?” She muttered to herself, glancing at Yujin and Minjoo before turning her gaze back to the others. “But still, I can’t believe that happened like what!? It’s like we’re in a modern fantasy movie or what.” She exclaimed, eyes lighting up.


 

“Who knows? We might get five Minjoos, haha!” Yena joked, taking another bite from her sandwich. Chaewon glared at her. “You know, don’t joke around like that.” She said, pursing her lips after but the blonde ignored her, putting her hand between her head and closed her eyes, looking very focused on whatever the hell she’s doing.


 

“Manifesting,”



 




 

A/N: Lol, finally it’s done! I hope you enjoyed it lmao anyway, this is how I imagined five-year-old Yujin is, still a baby yet says that she’s already a big girl lol but yeah, this book is a series and the next one would be ‘Yujin taking care of Five Minjoos’ i'm not sure when will I update but wait for it~ See ya~