This man is really something - II

Way Back Home

 

 

Namjoon took him to the mental health ward where he met the head psychiatrist a few minutes ago.

As they entered, a young Japanese lady was wildly resisting in the bed and four people around her grabbing each of her limbs, trying to control her. She was screaming "let me go, I have to meet him. He'll leave me otherwise. No, not again!" She was screaming at the top of her lungs. Baekhyun understood the situation.

"Case of chronesthesia?"

Baekhyun asked the blond man in front of him wearing a white coat and the batch of head psychiatrist.

He looked back at Baekhyun with an impressed smile.

"Sir, this is Baekhyun, he's the psychiatrist I told you about."

Namjoon said.

"Yes, I can make that out."

When Namjoon said his friend was a psychiatrist, he was expecting a more of a Herman Melville, not a William Shakespeare.

He looked at Baekhyun and said,

"Yes, mental time travel. Her boyfriend died in front of him. She often gets attacks where she feels he's leaving her. We have tried medicines and therapies but her recovery rate is nearly negligible."

Said Junmyeon, the psychiatrist.

"I see."

Baekhyun said softly while he started walking to the patient in front of him.

"Hello miss. Can we talk for a minute?"

Baekhyun asked her.

"No. No! I don't want to talk to anyone. I only want to go to my Min Woo. Let me go."

She kept agitating in the bed.

"Oh but Min Woo only sent me to talk to you."

Baekhyun said slowly sitting on the bed next to her.

"Huh? Did he send you? Where is he? I want to meet him. These people won't let me go to him."

"Yes, I know. But Min Woo told them to keep you safe here. He feels bad that you don't listen to these people."

She stopped agitating completely. Her body relaxed on listening to Baekhyun. He looked to the man holding her arms and told them to leave through his eyes.

The people hesitated at first but when he glared at them, they backed off.

Chanyeol was speechless at the back.

"Please tell him to meet me. I miss him."

"He told me that he will meet you when you are completely fine. And that will happen only when you take your medicines on time and listen to the doctors. Right?"

She nodded while looking at her hands.

"But, can't he meet me once? I want to kiss him. Just once, I promise."

She said looking back at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun gulped.

"Okay, I will bring him once but he has a condition."

She got excited and said,

"What is it? I'd do anything!"

"You have to keep your eyes closed while he kisses you. Okay?"

She pouted a little before saying.

"Okay. I promise."

She extended her little finger to make a pinky promise to Baekhyun.

"Just give me a minute, I'll call him."

Baekhyun said.

She closed her eyes excitedly and Baekhyun came out of the room with Junmyeon, Chanyeol following behind.

"What was he like? Anything?"

Baekhyun asked Junmyeon.

"She once said he used to smell like lavender. Will that work?"

He asked doubtfully.

Baekhyun flashed a smile with a wink,

"It's great. Get me a lavender perfume."

Junmyeon went to arrange the perfume. Nobody was ever able to calm her down during her fits. They would have to give her some sleep-inducing drug so that she would pass out.

Junmyeon was amazed at Baekhyun's skills. And Chanyeol, well, his mouth was hanging low.

This man was really something.

They arranged a perfume and Baekhyun sprayed it all over his body and wore an extra jacket to cover his petite frame.

"He's going to come now. Your eyes are closed, right?"

"Yes yes."

She answered loudly.

Baekhyun walked inside the room and sat near her. He slowly placed both his hands on her face, cupping her cheeks. She placed her hands on his waist and Baekhyun leaned into a long kiss.

The lavender perfume filled her nostrils confirming that it was her man. Tears rolled down her cheeks as Baekhyun kept kissing her gently.

Chanyeol, who was standing at the back, gulped at the sight. A knot formed in his stomach. Baekhyun looked beautiful while kissing that girl. He didn't hesitate once. Something was burning inside of Chanyeol. Something telling him that he's never gonna have Baekhyun to himself. That Baekhyun could never be his. Chanyeol left the room without saying anything. He couldn't bear to see more than what he already had.

Baekhyun ended the kiss and left the room immediately. He took off the jacket and sprayed his own perfume back again.

He went back in and found her sitting quietly on the bed.

She looked at him and said,

"Thank you so much."

He nodded and said,

"Now keep your promise. Take your medicines on time and get well soon."

She smiled and nodded.

Baekhyun left the room quickly. He knew Chanyeol left when he was kissing her. He felt guilty for some unknown reason. He ran from alley to alley until he saw Chanyeol standing at the end of the hallway with his back facing Baekhyun.

Baekhyun ran to him and turned him around only to find Chanyeol starting blankly at his bleeding hand which had pieces of glass pricking here and there.

Baekhyun's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

"What the hell did you do?"

He screamed at the top of his lungs.

____________

When Chanyeol left the room, he entered a random alley and stood near a table and punched the table without realizing that there was a glass of water that got crushed under his punch. He kept staring blankly at it without feeling anything until Baekhyun came in.

______________

Baekhyun dragged him to Junmyeon's office while continuously blabbering about how Chanyeol is an idiot. He asked for a first aid from Junmyeon which he immediately received.

He sat down next to Chanyeol with Chanyeol's hand in his lap.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun who was holding his injured hand carefully. His eyes fixed on Chanyeol's hand dripping with blood. He used cotton to gently wipe the blood and removed the broken glass pieces piercing his hand.

"Is it hurting too much?"

He just looked at Baekhyun and said,

"Yes."

True that it was hurting a lot but not his hand, rather his heart.

He looked at Baekhyun's face and noticed how those blond bangs rested on his forehead. How his doe eyes would squeeze every time he would pull out a piece of glass. How his lips pouted cutely while he was blowing on his hand. And in that very instant, Chanyeol understood everything.

The answer was there all along, he just blindfolded himself with his past. He was in love with Baekhyun.

Absolutely, ridiculously, helplessly and completely in love with Baekhyun.