Trains and Kimchi

All That Glitters

Hayoung stood in front of the dorm's door, waiting for a familiar face to swing it open. She rang the bell again for the millionth time. "Ugh," she groaned, looking down at her legs which were clad only in leggings. It wasn't supposed to be cold out. The weatherman said it would be sunny and on the warmer side, but that was a dirty lie, because it was freezing out in Seoul and she wanted nothing but to be inside of the dorm. She banged on the door. "Ya! Let me in!"

There was some shuffling and noise on the other side of the door, and the door finally opened.  "Anyounghasaeyo Noona!" Seungri said, beaming ear to ear. 

Hayoung glared at him. "I've been waiting out here ringing the bell for almost ten minutes!"

Seungri's brow pulled together. "The bell? The bell is broken, Noona, no one told you?"

"Obviously not," she grumbled. "Can I come in now?"

"Yeah, of course." He smiled again and moved aside to let her into the dorm. "Noona's here!"

Hayoung stepped inside to pull off her shoes and put on the pink slippers that were always there just for her.  Seungri, who had somehow grown taller than Hayoung in the past year, slung his hand around her shoulder as they walked to the kitchen to see the rest of the boys.

"Annyoung!" she said to everyone in the kitchen, bowing a little. 

They all smiled and greeted her warmly, until TOP looked up from where he was cutting peppers. He put down the knife and walked over to Seungri and pushed his arm roughly off of Hayoung's shoulder. "Ya! Who said you could have skin-ship with her?" 

Hayoung laughed at that, "Oppa, it's okay-"

TOP reached down to kiss his girlfriend. "Ani," he said as he pulled away from her lips. "Not with that ert it's not-"

Hayoung laughed again.  "Hi everyone," she repeated.  Taeyang and Jiyong smiled warmly at her.  "Where's Daesung?" Hayoung asked, putting her bag down on the floor outside of the kitchen. She pushed her lavender gray hair off of her shoulder.

 "Bathroom," Taeyang said. "But I think he's really just watching Doraemon in his room."

"Should I go get him?" Jiyong asked. 

"No, I'll see him eventually."

"But if we tell him you're here, he'll come out immediately." 

"We really need his help," Seungri said. 

"Sure then," Hayoung said, stepping into the kitchen to wash her hands. 

"Is that all you wore?" TOP said, following her to the sink.

"Neh, Oppa," she said turning to face him as she lathered her hands. 

"Did you take a cab here?"

"Ani," she said. She frowned deeply. She loved her boyfriend, but she hated when he was too overprotective. 

"You took the train?" he said, his eyes widening. 

"Neh!"

"You can't take the train dressed like that with all of the ahjusshis and-"

"Noona!" Daesung said, squeezing between TOP and the fridge. Daesung hugged Hayoung tightly. 

"Daesung my hands are wet," she chuckled. 

"Kang Daesung!" TOP roared.  The other members laughed as Daesung jumped away from Hayoung. 

"So," Hayoung asked, "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"I think we're almost done," Taeyang said. "We just need you to either cut the kimchi or scoop the rice."

Hayoung nodded, "Okay, I'll do the kimchi. It's in the fridge, right?"

"Yup," TOP said. 

Hayoung opened the fridge to see an almost empty jar of kimchi and pulled it out. "We should make kimchi sometime."

"You know how to make kimchi?" Daesung asked, astonished. 

"Yeah my grandmother taught me. Daesung, you know how to make kimchi, you know it's not that difficult."

"No, making kimchi is hard!" Jiyong interrupted.  

"Not if you've had practice." Ten or so minutes later, they were all sitting at the table, ready to eat dinner. 

 

A/N - This chapter kinda , but I promise that it'll get better :)