Just another lie

[JongKey One-Shot] Just another lie

 

”Key please…” Jonghyun whispered, as he neared the crying Key, who stood frozen to the ground.

“No Jonghyun,” Key said with an ice-cold voice, as he moved a step back to avoid Jonghyuns touch, “No. I won’t forgive you this time.”

Keys eyes were filled with mixed emotions, as he tried to figure it all out in his head.

Betrayal, sadness, anger and helplessness. All these feelings at once were filling him up from the inside, as he stood there looking at Jonghyun.

“Please just let me explain,” Jonghyun pleaded, as he stood helplessly watching Key cry. He knew, he deserved it, but he regretted it so much.

“No,” Keys eyes turned dark, but the tears didn’t stop falling, “I gave you a second chance, but you broke it.”

No words were exchanged for what felt like months. The silence made the clocks sounds louder than ever – telling them that they were soon to part.

“Why?” It came out as a whisper, when Key finally tried to speak, “I trusted you.”

Loud sobs started coming from him, and he looked harshly at Jonghyun for doing this to him.

“I didn’t…” Jonghyun was cut off, as he avoided a glass, Key had thrown at him the same moment, he had started talking.

The glass splintered in thousands small pieces surrounding the two of them on the floor, but they didn’t notice, as none of them wanted to break the eye contact.

Key couldn’t help but compare the broken glass with his heart. ‘This is how my heart must look like right now,’ he thought silently to himself.

Jonghyun took a step closer to Key by stepping on some of the broken glass. Blood could be seen through his white socks, but the pain couldn’t compare to the pain of losing Key.

“Please listen,” Jonghyun tried again with a shaky voice, which didn’t sound like his.

He knew that this was his own fault - that he had brought it upon himself, but never had he regretted something this much.

“NO!” Key started yelling. He couldn’t keep it inside anymore. “I DON’T WANT TO LISTEN! IT’S YOUR ENTIRE FAULT! WHY DID YOU DO IT? WHY?”

Angrily Key wiped away his tears, as he stared emotionlessly at Jonghyun. He would never forgive him again. Key had already given him a second chance, but it had broken his trust with another lie.

“You keep lying and breaking my trust, how do you expect me to ever trust you again?” Key had stopped yelling, and his voice had turned to a barely hearable whisper once again.

Key threw the newspaper, he had been holding his hand at Jonghyun. The newspaper which had made him this way. The newspaper which had ruined everything.

Jonghyun made no attempt to catch the newspaper that was thrown at him, and it landed at his feet’s all crumbled up from Key holding it.

“We didn’t…” Jonghyun said as a weak defense throwing his hand up in the air. Why wouldn’t Key listen to him?

“Of course you were,” Key remarked, as he pointed at the newspaper on the floor, “I can see you kissing her. What did you expect? That I wouldn’t see it?”

The tears Key had fought so bravely against started flowing once again. He hated this.

“But she was…” Jonghyun never expected that he would have a chance to finish one of his sentences, so it didn’t come as a surprise, when Key interrupted him once again.

“You’re going to tell me another lie?” Key asked him.  Jonghyun’s eye shifted, as he didn’t know how to respond.

“Key please…” Jonghyun really didn’t want to lose Key. He meant the world to him. He didn’t understand himself, why he had done it. He regretted it so much.

This time Jonghyun started crying, which came as a surprise to the both of them. Jonghyun wasn’t the type to cry. He didn’t cry, when he asked for forgiveness the last time.

“Stop crying,” Key said hurt, as he sobbed loudly, “you have no reason to cry. It’s your own fault.”

“I don’t want to lose you,” Jonghyun said, as he wiped away some of his tears, “you mean everything to me.”

“It’s too late,” Key spoke the words slowly, as if he tried to understand it himself. Deep inside he really wanted to forgive Jonghyun, but he knew that he would get hurt, if he did.

Jonghyun took a few more steps towards Key on the broken glass, and as he saw that Key didn’t move, he took the last few steps over to him without noticing the pain once.

Staring at each other they didn’t say a word. Deep inside they knew that it was over, but neither of them wanted to admit it.

“Goodbye,” Key whispered, as he slowly turned around to leave, but Jonghyun grabbed his hand.

“Don’t leave,” Jonghyun begged, as Key fought to get him to let go of his hand, but Jonghyun wouldn’t let go.

Jonghyun pulled Keys hand, so he turned around, so they once again were staring at each other.

“I love you,” this was the most sincere words, Jonghyun had ever spoken, but he knew it was too late.

“Another lie,” Key whispered hurt just before Jonghyun smacked his lips upon his.

Slowly Jonghyun moved his lips on Keys, as he pulled Key closer, so there was no more space left between them.

Key didn’t fight against it, as he knew this was going to be their last hug and their last kiss. How could he fight that? He was going to miss it so much.

Keys under lip asking for entrance, Jonghyun slowly moved his tongue inside Keys mouth fighting for dominance, which both of them knew he would win.

As they stood there the memories between the two of them floated in the air around them. Their first meeting. How they fell in love. Their first date. Their first hug. Their first kiss.

Key slowly pulled away from Jonghyun, as he knew they had to stop it, before it was too late – before he decided to forgive him.

“Goodbye Jonghyun,” he mumbled teary eyed once again, as he turned around to leave the apartment forever.

“Don’t worry Key,” Jonghyun said loudly, as he stood and watched him leave, “I’ll prove to you, that I’ve changed. I’ll get you back!”

“Please,” Key whispered, as he stood at the front door, “please, no more lies.”

 

The end