Ch. 2 - Confusion

Reincarnated (The Newbie Villainess)

Every child has been born with abilities, these abilities may be determined through their bloodline. But there are some special cases wherein the Spirit Kings, the most powerful beings existed, give their “blessings” to some chosen people to embody their true powers. Those who are chosen have more powerful and varied abilities than those who weren’t. The gap between the two became the basis of hierarchy, thus the blessed families became the core and foundation of the country. They were considered as nobles while the other has been considered as commoners. But of course, other greedy families would not have let their way and tried to  rise up in the ranks through connections and affiliations.

 As such, the Byun family has been blessed by the spirit king of light, Apollo, for generations. Only one of the children is chosen to be the vessel of the spirit king so the age of wherein their powers manifest is uncertain because everyone can be a candidate. The same thing applies to every family chosen by other spirit kings even of the royalty.

 

Going back to the last episode..

With that everyone became rigid with fear as the whole mansion was enshrouded with darkness. The couple took the children into their arms as if to protect them from harm’s way. Light footsteps seem to make their way inside the room and the couple became more wary of whom they will be facing.

“Hmm.. There’s no need to be scared. I’m just here to check on the little one.” The voice said once more as it took a couple more steps towards the bed. Baekhyun whimpered in fright as he cannot see anything and this seemed to alert the intruder. “Oh, I clearly forgot! Humans tend to have really bad eyesight in the dark. My bad, my bad.” A loud snap was heard and immediately the light returned and illuminated the whole place.

The maids who were present inside, shrieked in fear, alarming the guards that were stationed outside the doors. They entered with their weapons out,  ready to fight as they look for the danger inside the room, they found the intruder who was standing in front of the family. They surrounded the cloaked figure and raised their weapons in defense, ready to attack when the Marquis yelled at them. “Stop this immediately!!” But Seojun, one of the head guards did not listen,  “Danger is in front of us! Protect our lord and his family let there be no harm befall on them!“ The Marquis grew red in anger, “DIDN’T YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID?! STOP THIS IMMEDIATELY!!” “But my Lord—” “Do you really want to let the children witness some bloodshed?!“

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!“ the cry made by the newborn made the adults stop in their tracks.

(A/N: the italicized words represents Lee Rin voicing out her thoughts ^_^)

Lee Rin’s  POV

*Yaaaaaaaaaawnnnnssss*  It’s so warm in here.. So comfy.. but wait.. What’s with all the noise? Hey! I’m trying to get some sleep in here!! Sleep? Huh?! Why am I even sleeping? Shoot!! I’m supposed to take the entrance exam today!!  What am I even doing right now?! I’m gonna be late already. I need to wake up!!

She opened her eyes only to find an unfamiliar ceiling. Huh? I don’t think this is my bedroom.. Right? Her eyebrows furrowed as she slowly took in her surroundings. Of course stupid, it’s not! I don’t even remember having a chandelier inside my room nor do I recall ordering one online.  So where is this place?  Her thoughts were cut off when everything turned dark for a moment. Oof why did it suddenly turned dark? Can someone please switch the lights on? I can’t see anything! She felt like someone was squeezing her closer and as if she was heard, all the lights came back. Thank goodness! So back to our current problem. Where on earth am I? And why can’t I move? Have I been kidnapped? Oh shush! Why would I even get kidnapped? It’s not like I’m something worthy to be kidnapped or somethi— she was cut off again by a loud shriek. Oh ! You scared the hell out me! First there was a black out, then suddenly somebody screams like they’ve seen a ghost something. Am I in a horror movie or something? Then she heard something similar to a rumbling of footsteps and some shouting. She couldn’t understand what they were arguing about but she could care less about it. She needs an explanation about what’s happening but it seems like nobody’s willing to help. Honestly, she’s getting a little bit pissed off, so she did what came to  her mind. She shouted “STOP IIIIIITTTTTT!!!”

That seemed to work really well, because the next thing she knew, the shouting stopped and she was able to get their attention. “Finally! That was so refreshing! Anyways, what’s with all the fuss people? Seriously you gotta get yourselves a check up! If I turned deaf, imma blame it on you and your sorry better pay for my bills. You got that?!”

A woman appeared in front of her face looking worried. “Hey! You’re too close! Don’t you know what personal space is?!” She tried wiggling her body in order to free up her arms and when she succeeded, she tried to push the woman’s face away from her when she noticed something’s wrong. Wait a minute, when did my arms turned this small?! She tried opening and closing her fists but its still the same. She tried moving it up and down only to hit herself. Oww! That hurts! But why does it seem like my body has a mind of its own. Why can’t I control it properly? Ugh! This is so frustrating!! She raised her fist ready to strike when the woman earlier held her hand. “What’s wrong Heeyoung-ah? Are you feeling uncomfortable somewhere baby?“ she asked her worriedly. Heeyoung? Baby? What are you talking about?! I’m Rin, Lee Rin!! You are freaking me out. Who are you even?! Where am I?!

“What an interesting child indeed” the cloaked figure said as he teleported near the child. His actions reminded everyone of his presence, thus making them alert and wary once more. “Oh! Don’t you worry, I told you I’m just here to visit the little one. She has a very strong presence, that’s why I became curious about her. Since I’ve seen enough, I shall take my leave.” The cloaked figure turned to the newborn and cupped her cheek. “Byun Heeyoung, you’ve captured my attention. Very well, I shall return and visit again.” And with that he disappeared, leaving behind a cloud of smoke and a group of confused people.

What on earth did just happen?