Ch. 1 - The Byun Household

Reincarnated (The Newbie Villainess)

It was a hectic night at the Byun's family manor. Everyone was busy running around, preparing as the Marquise's water suddenly broke in the middle of the night. It was truly unexpected since it was a month away from the due date. But fortunately, the Marquis has been preparing for the childbirth in case of emergencies.


Speaking of the devil, the Marquis and his two sons, have been pacing in front of the Marquis’ bed chamber for some time. The Marquise requested to forbid any of the family members to enter during the labor. The Marquis bit his lip in worry as he stared at the door. It will be the third time that his wife will be giving birth but still, he couldn't chase the feeling of uneasiness away. This will be the first time that the Marquise is giving birth earlier than the expected due date.


"Daddy, is mommy okay?" that question seemed to pull him out of his thoughts as he stared back at his youngest son who's tugging the end of his sleeves. He smiled and crouched down to the height of the child and said "Of course, mommy is okay Baekkie." "Then why do you look scared daddy?", the child asked. The man looked shocked for a second, "Do I look scared to you?" the child nodded in reply. "Well, I'm just worried about your sibling." "Baby? Why is baby sick?!" the two years old pouted as he looked at his father's eyes for some answer. The count tried to stifle his laughter as he stared at the child, "Not really in fact the doctor said baby is really healthy but it's not the right time yet to come out." "If that's the case, then will mother and baby be really alright father?" the  oldest son asked as he joined in the conversation. "I do hop--" he was cut off suddenly as the door opened and a person clad in white came out.


He stood up from where he was crouching  and observed the midwife heading to his direction. Her white garments stood out the most because of the amount of blood covering her body. The feeling of uneasiness came back to him once more. He could not help himself but ask with a nervous voice, "H-how is she? H-how is the baby? Are they fine?". The woman stilled in her place and bowed deeply. The man suddenly became terrified by the gesture. "What ha-" he was cut off when the woman stood straight and said, "Congratulations Marquis Byun your youngest child is a girl. The Marquise still needs to recuperate for some time but nevertheless everything went smoothly." He let out a big gasp of relief as he heard those words left her lips. "A daughter? I have a daughter?! Can we see them right now?!“. The woman could not hide her reaction towards the excited man. She smiled as she replied,” Yes, my lord. You are now permitted to enter the chamber. We are just finishing cleaning up the area as we speak.” 


The man turned to his sons, “Did you hear that? Mommy is okay and you have now a baby sister. You’re an older brother now Baekhyun!“ The two years old eyes went wide with excitement as he turned to his older brother. “Big brother me? Like brother Baekbom?!” The older son could not help but chuckle as he patted his brother’s head and nod in reply. “Shall we go inside now, Milords?“, the three males turned to the midwife and nodded. The woman led the three into the chamber.


 As they approached the bed, they could see a woman lying on the bed. Her hair matted on her face because of the sweat covering her entire body. She was still gasping for some air as a maid approached her and started to carefully wipe her body with a clean cloth. As she noticed the presence of the three males, she signaled the maid tending to her to help her sit up. She grunted a little bit while trying to adjust to the new position she’s been placed with. With hurried steps, the Marquis let go of his sons’ hand and sat beside the woman. “How are you doing my love?”, he asked her as he brushed the strands of hair covering her face. “I’m doing fine my lord, just feeling a little bit drained but all is well.”, she replied as she leaned onto the hand that was brushing her hair.


The Marquis could only stare in awe as how glowing the woman in front him looked at despite the fact that she just gave birth a while ago. He could not help but cup her small face into his hands and press a long kiss into her forehead. “I am truly grateful to you my love. Thank you for birthing another blessing into this household and thank you for being strong throughout this time.” The woman could only smile in joy, “I could only bear this much because of you my lord. You, Baekbom, Baekhyun and our little darling gave me strength to endure it all.”


“Mommy!” “Mother!”, the siblings uttered as they approached the couple. With the help of his older brother, the little one climbed into the bed and sat beside his mother while the older one settled standing beside the bed. “Mommy, mommy! Is mommy okay? Where’s baby? Is baby sick?!” the young one asked as fast as he could while holding on to his mother’s sleeves. The woman in question could not help but laugh at the antic of the little one. “Yes, thank you for your concern baekkie. Your little sister is fine too. They are just cleaning her up. You’ll get to meet her later. Are you excited?“ The child could only nod enthusiastically as he could not the excitement in his face. The mother turned to her other son, “Are you excited as well, Baekbom? It will be your second time meeting your newborn sibling.” She said as she hid the smile she was wearing with her hand. “I remember you being as small as Baekhyun and getting excited when he was born. You could not stop fidgeting as well.”,she teasingly added. The oldest could only blush at the memory.


“Milords and milady,” they’re conversation was discontinued when the midwife notified them of her presence. They all turned to her and saw that she was carrying a bundle of cloth on her arms. The whole family could not help but get excited as the new addition to their family was finally here. “My child,” the marquise called longingly as she reached out for her daughter. The midwife took some steps forward and carefully placed the sleeping child into her mother’s arms. The little one squirmed lightly, as if knowing that she was in the presence of her family and slept peacefully once more. “She’s so small and wrinkly. Why is she sleeping mom? Can’t we play now?“ Baekhyun uttered as he stared at the little bundle. “Well, babies tend to be small at birth. They need to sleep a lot so they could grow faster and play with their siblings.” His father answered him as he also peeked at the little one.


Noticing the stare of her husband, she put out her arms a little bit and offered the sleeping child; “Would you like to carry her dear?” The man looked shocked for a moment before answering, “Are you sure? She’s so small, I’m afraid I might break her even at the slightest touch.” The woman giggled at the answer. The man in front of her was one of the distinguished knights back in the day. He was braver than any man, willing to put himself in danger just to protect others but gets easily scared at the thought of carrying his own daughter. What a difference! She stared at him once more and a soft smile graced her face. “You won’t break her my lord. I know you won’t. So why don’t you try holding her? Carry her just like how you used to carry Baekbom and Baekhyun when they’re younger.” She put out her arms a little more, reassuring the man that she’ll be there to guide him. The man sighed in defeat and cautiously took the sleeping child into his arms.
He heaved a sigh of relief when the child, did not seem uncomfortable in the embrace of her father. He gazed at his daughter in astonishment. How could such child look so beautiful? It has been his and his wife’s dream to have a daughter after the birth of their second son. That dream is now fulfilled and he can’t believe it’s real. His eyes grew teary as he looked up at the ceiling and muttered a single prayer thanking the gods for fulfilling his dreams.


The mother glanced at the brothers and chuckled. The two could not hide their curiosity as they stare at their new sibling. “Baekbom, Baekhyun, “ she called out the two breaking the trance they’ve been into. The two stared back at her at the same time. “Would you like to carry your baby sister as well?”, they simultaneously nodded their heads. Baekhyun raised his hand in excitement, “Me! Me! I wanna go first!” The couple laughed at the child’s excitement. “Well, Baekbom will have to go first okay. Then you’ll be next to him. Got it?” The child got sad for a little but nodded his head in return. Well he could still his sister so no worries. Baekhyun attentively watched as his father transferred his sister into his brother’s arms. The oldest carefully shifted the child at a more comfortable position before rocking the baby to sleep. He turned to his parents and asked, “Father, Mother, what name will you be giving her?”. The couple stared at each other for some time and smiled. “Well we were planning to name her Hwijun if she turned out to be a boy. But since she is a girl we’ll be naming her Heeyoung, which means joy and prosperity."

 

“Hmm.. Heeyoung, what a befitting name for this child.”, said by the voice that suddenly came out of nowhere.