~Sixteen~

Online Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"The food is here." Taeyong called out for Johnny from the stairs before heading to the living room to set it up. Taeyong carefully placed the pizza and chicken on the table, opening them one by one, the delicious scent quickly filling up the room and enough to make Johnny scrambling down the wooden steps into the room.

Johnny inhaled the faint meaty smell with eyes closed as he said, "Hmmm, smells good." He slumped on the sofa, taking out a slice for himself. He took a big bite and then letting out a satisfied moan, "The. Best. Pizza." 

"So, you cool with that?" Taeyong started but Johnny kept humming all throughout while indulging himself with a box of chicken this time. "Yeah. This chicken taste better than the one we ordered last week." Johnny said with cheeks half full. Taeyong furrowed his eyebrows, confused with his answer, but he soon realized they weren't on the same subject.

"I'm not talking about the food." Taeyong groaned and then proceeded to reluctantly point out, "I mean you're surprisingly chill with Jaehyun going for Jiyoung. I remembered you threatened Mingyu back in eleventh grade when you heard that he was planning on asking her out." He wearily looked over at Johnny who clearly looked unbothered, still enjoying the food. Johnny took a few seconds to swallow it all down before responding with a shrugged. He reached for the napkin, wiping the grease on his mouth and said, "Jaehyun isn't half as bad as we all think. He's quite a decent guy if you tell me. And with Mingyu's case, it just didn't sit right with me as he's well known to be a player." Taeyong sounded so convince with how Johnny sees Jaehyun fitting for his cousin that he didn't plan on asking any further.

But curiousity still got the best of him. "So, you wouldn't mind if Jiyoung dates him?" 

Johnny scoffed at his sudden question, "Well, if Jiyoung does date him, I don't think I have the right to object anyway even though we practically treat each other as siblings." There was a pause and his expressions soften at his last word, "If that will make her happy, I'll gladly support her. But if she ever needs a shoulder to cry on, we'll still be there. Right?" Johnny gave him a knowing look. He knew what he meant with that kind of expression. Even though Johnny tends to tease Jiyoung a lot, he can become very protective over her which makes that the two of them. Ever since they were kids, Jiyoung was still and always be their little princess.

"Of course." He replied without a nanosecond's hesitation.

"Besides," Johnny leaned back on the couch, his hands tucked behind his head, "I think Jiyoung needs to have a bit of experience in dating and all that stuff since we're graduating soon. I don't think she'll even have the time to do that in college." He added and Taeyong blatantly agreed even though the context of his words also unexpectedly applies to Taeyong as well. 

He was quick on to notice what's he playing at but he wasn't able to avoid what he was about to say next. "Well now that you got my point, how did it go with asking Seulgi out?" Yup. There it was. 

Taeyong straightened himself, drawing a long breath, remembering all the details that happened the other night. "Well, after gathering up all the courage that I have, I did get to ask her out next weekend." Taeyong said, boosting with pride while Johnny beamed excitedly to pat him on the shoulder, "Congrats, man. You're finally making a move." Johnny said, shaking his head in disbelief, still surprised by his news.

"Yeah, thanks," Taeyong shyly said, faintly rubbing his arm to where Johnny just patted. "I didn't expect that she would quickly agree though. I thought she would reject me there and then." He continued as Johnny applauded his accomplishment of finally asking Seulgi out.

"Ahhh, hearing news like this, I think this calls for a celebration

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter