What Is Going On!

Different

Different. There are no other word could describe this. Well, strange, odd, peculiar, uncanny, creepy, or unusual can be used but all of it are complicated. But, honestly, what I feel right now are different. I don’t know what are happening but when I wake up this morning, something in between my pelvis were throbbing like hell so that morning I decided to skip school for the day and just sleep in to reduce the pain. Unconsciously, I slept for the entire day. I woke up the next day and feel this. Different. Plus, hungry as . With that, I start my morning routine by taking a shower first. By then I notice what’s wrong with me. I GROW A ING !

 

.

.

.

WHAT THE ARE GOING ON WITH ME GOD!

.

.

.

I check what else did I grow, s? Wait, I already have that. Adam apple? Wait, I have an abnormality with that. Wait, does that mean that I’m originally a man? Eh, male? But wait, it is impossible to grow anatomy in one night, more so, growing on someone who has that kind of anatomy. Replacing the anatomy that the person has is unimaginable or doing a trans operation. As far as I remember I have no thought or financially capable to do things like that. Furthermore, I can’t possibly... ah, whatever. I’ll be late for a class assembly. , and I just realize that I’m hungry as hell.

Putting my shikin-self behind, I quickly prepare myself for school. Wear my uniform, grab my hoodie, comb my hair, check my book, grab my phone, keys, and some food from my mini-fridge before I walk myself out of the room. I forgot to mention that I live at my school dorm, yeah you know since I’m from far away from the school, my home I mean. I was offered for the dorm here for free with the monthly allowance which is not enough since I’m a shikin but hey, FOOD IS LIFE. Talking about food, my stomach starts to growl again. I increase my step towards the school gate as I can see that the security guard is checking the time for the tenth time to catch student who is coming late.

Without thinking much, I pick the food that I manage to grab on my way out and swiftly swallow it. As if my legs has its mind as its own, I manage to arrive at my classroom safely while still eating some leftover food. And, when I arrived, I saw Ms. Hyunjung already sitting on the teachers' table with her spectacle on and her floral dress. Shouldn’t she wear a formal outfit? . It should be illegal to be that beautiful. I almost choke on my last piece of bread at that moment when I feel my ‘different’ starting to be different in annoyingly way. Thank goodness my best friend, Hwang EunBi call me. Distraction.

“Yah, Juyeon. Sit here. Ppali!”

“A-ae. Okay-Okay. It’s too early for this Hwang EunBi.” I replied loud enough for her to hear as I stride towards her seat. As I walk, I could feel my homeroom teacher is watching me. I of course ignore it; I just need to breathe for now.

“I called you more than 10 times yesterday. Where the heck are you all day? I even check your room and it was all dark.”

“I sleep all day.”

“Dude, the other day was Sunday. I thought you had your sleep fixed on the weekend. You sleep for the entire day yesterday? For real?” she said incredulously.

“Yes, now.”

“Yes, now attendance.” Ms. Hyunjung said as if she heard what both us are talking about.

“Everyone is here Ms. Hyunjung.” Hojin (Hojin of the N.CUS) said as he is the classroom president.

“Good. And Son Juyeon, why did you absent yesterday?” Ms. Hyunjung asked elegantly.

I stood up automatically when she mention my name, and I notice that most of my classmate's eyes are on me. This strikes my nerve. Honestly, I can’t concentrate when all the attention is on me. That is why I always received a low grade on any subject presentation. I started to stammer slowly while my eyes are fixed on the table. I feel someone grasp my hand and I know whose hand was that.

“Uh,... I’m. Sick. Uh, yester-yesterday.” I stutter slightly. I heard that some of my classmates were laughing. Probably because of me, well as we can see. I am not greatly confident with myself… Okay, I’m a coward. A big ing coward. Moving on, I take my seat back when she didn’t say anything.

“Hey, you really need to participate in the Speech Club Juyeonie.” Hwang Eunbi said. I have used her savage comment since we are bestie since kindergarten. I don’t know what I will do if I apply here alone. I’ll be a loner for sure or a weirdo.

“Shut up.” I glared at her as I throw away her hand playfully.

“Alright, alright. Anyway, you missed quite a lot yesterday. We have an English mock-up exam today, Biology quiz, Physic quiz, Chemistry Experiment...” She said casually.

“What!” I exclaimed, I instinctively raising my voice a little.

“Okay, I change my opinion. No need to join the Speech Club.” Hwang Eunbi stated.

“English. Exam!” I unconsciously scream those two words. I heard lots of grunts after I exclaimed. Believe me, there is nothing more than a student hate other than any exam plus this is English. Everybody hates English. Who cares about grammar or spelling or the pronunciation when we all still understand what the others wants to say? It’s tedious, I got enough dosage of learning other language and I don’t think my brain can fit in another when I barely brain the Mandarin class. And every science subject for the day. my life.

“ my life.” I unconsciously said.

“Son Juyeon, meet me after school!” I heard Ms. Hyunjung yelled. She probably heard what I said. ‘ my life x2’

“Hm,” I replied as I laid my head on the table.

“Dude, you alright? If you still feeling unwell, I could walk you to the school infirmary.” Hwang Eunbi stated while looking at me. She seriously like making me go on a roller coaster.

“I’ll be fine,” I replied shortly as I starting to be a little positive.

“Well, Okay. I was hoping for you to say you are so we could skip English after this. If you said so.” She stated. I could only look at her disbelievingly. That was the second time I laid my head onto the table not-so-gently. Seriously, Hwang Eunbi!

.

.

.

.

.

“Paksu to our Juyeonie.” Hwang Eunbi said cheerfully as she gently patting my back when lunchtime. We were sitting on the way back at the corner of the school cafeteria. I barely wrap my head around that crowded room as the only thing in my head are food. Food. Food.

“Eh. Juyeon-ah. Eat slowly. Stupid.” Hwang Eunbi said apprehensively as her eyes scan the room while her hand that patting gently turn to harsh.

I am listening to her word, but her action makes me choke on the vegetable, broccoli to be exact. She hand me the water bottle. And I gulp on it like there’s no tomorrow. My throat are burning due to the food that being forcefully enters into my throat. I almost let out a tear, but I cough it out instead.

“See, told ya to eat slowly.” Hwang Eunbi and her smart mouth.

“Yes, mom,” I replied. I received a smack on the head.

“What? Or you prefer waifu.” Nice timing mouth. I saw her choked on her milk. LOL.

“Now, who needs to be told drink slowly. Huh,” I continue as I saw her choked longer that she would.

“Alright. Alright, take a deep breath buddy. Don’t drink yet.” I said as I laugh at her. Then I continue to feast on my food.

“Yah, you stupid shikin.” She stated as she smacked my head again. I can only let that happen as my mind and mouth were occupied by the food.

“AH, and she hasn’t thanked me yet when I already buy her food.”

“Go-sch-ma-schyk-wok.” (read: Gomawo) I said to her while smiling widely. She only shakes her head.

“Umji?” I said shortly after I swallow the food safely

“She’ll be here soon,” Eunbi replied shortly.

“You know, you should stock the 1.5-liter water on your table because I could see your eyes are thirsty. You know, let them wet a little?” She teased.

Truthfully, my preferences are no secret to her. I spilled everything to her from my dreams, my problems, trouble, and all of that stuff that you’d share with your besties. But seriously I think she right this time. I mean, she always right. I don’t know but after ‘this’ happens, everything is weird. Let’s just start from the beginning of what are the weird thing that had to happen before lunch.

Firstly, if you notice that I see our homeroom teacher in different light earlier. She looks more appealing than before. I don’t know. I’ve become keener on what they look like, which is so not-like-me before. And the way she talked. How red her lipstick was. I wonder how it would taste. Or her voice ringed clearly in my eardrum, how would it be if she screams my name technically she did yeah but you got what I mean right? When she left earlier, I keep on watching her swaying... Left. Right. Left. Right. Hopefully, no one notices that.

Then, Miss Dawon enters looking ily as ever. The heck why are all the teachers in this school are incredibly hot. Honestly, she’s my type, she gotta one hell of the body for sure and everyone can’t argue with that. She is fit like a most athlete but her womanly are…  A. Did you get it? SHE IS FULL PACKAGE. Her personality is the highlight, she is kind, humble, and a little bit shy. I almost forget that we have an exam at that moment. But god her soft voice sending vibes everywhere. I would be hypnotized if she sings.

See. I become too keen on the details. Like my sense was being upgraded into super something. Their detail attracts me. Every inch of it, I can’t simply ignore them, for now maybe. And yes, they arouse me. I don’t, I can’t I mean it’s happening out of my control. Great, now I’m thinking of them again. , not now. No. Great, little buddy wants to wake up!

“Yah, what are you getting creepy? Stop staring at the wall, there’s nothing there.” Hwang Eunbi said as she was waving right in front of my face. With that, my train of thought just stopped for a while and focused on her. And, with that, my eyes unconsciously fall on her small pink lips. Hm.

“YAH!” She exclaimed as she hit my head hard.

“Ae? Wae?” I asked, flabbergasted. I started to register the pain on my head.

“What the fu- are you thinking? You are looking creepily at that blank wall for too long. You keep on zoning out on me when I’m asking you something, you got a problem Juyeon-ah?” she ask quietly as her eyes roaming around looking if there any student are offended by her outburst before.

“Ah, prob- what? Problem? Hehe. No. I’m a perfectly free problem. Ehehe.” I said sheepishly. I saw her face shift.

“Look. It’s okay if you don’t want or can’t tell me but please don’t lie to my face like that Son Juyeon.” She said dangerously low with her sharp look. Great, I’m doomed! I sigh literally.

 “I’m not Eunbi-Ah. You just caught me off guard. You know, you hit me- make me dizzy- then you’re saying… stuff. I’m fine, thank you.” I reply trying hard to say it as normal as possible.

“Sure-sure, as if I just know you today Juyeon.” She said sarcastically. This makes me sigh loudly.

“Eunbi-yah. If I got a problem, you’ll be the sec to know, y’ know”

“Cool. I’ll go to class first.” She just left, like that. Leaving me and her remaining food.

‘Now we’re arguing over nothing. Stupid Son Juyeon. I suddenly lost my appetite.’ I pick her leftover food with mine and then throw it to the nearest trash can.

Honestly, I would be the loner if Eunbi is not my friend. She always accompanies me when I’m on the school ground and outside too. We have known each other since kindergarten, and we’ve been friends since then. She is the only person who knows me better than myself. And maybe I should just tell her ‘this’. what would her reaction be like? Leave me? Hm. I don’t think I can handle her reaction so, let’s just keep it a secret for now.

.

.

.

*** tbc***