A Man of Means.

In Time.

 

"Ah damn it!" Kim cursed under her breath. 
 
It's been three days since the her fight with Gerald. She'd walk out on him and drove as far away as she could. Kim knew better than to return home as Gerald would just come after her. She had traveled to Port Macquarie to let off some steam and checked in at Rydges hoping that this place would somewhat relax her and help forget all the pain for the meantime. It took her all the will power to prevent herself from calling Gerald. It felt as though it's been forever since she'd last had a normal day. It was a lengthy drive to Port Macquarie, although she needed to get as far away as possible. For some odd reason, Gerald's question hit her like a truck. She knew she had nightmares from her past. Unclear ones, although from history, she knew they were bad. Something about what he had said struck a cord and made her wonder if she had known him before. Was he an ex lover? Did they have a past? 6 years of her life vanished like smoke. 
 
***
 
 
"You see Kim, if you were somewhat affiliated with Gerald in your life; you need to talk to him about it. Ask him if knows anything about what had happened to you." Dr. Ashton spoke on the phone.
 
As much as she hesitated, Kim's only option was to talk to Dr. Ashton. She provided various angles to help her understand her situation, trying to regain some of her memories.  She had started seeing her two years ago when Josie suggested maybe Kim felt so incomplete was because she had lost something or someone in her life. "Your brain trauma still seems to block you from remembering information although they arise in your dreams. Some may occur as unclear nightmares. Maybe discussing with Gerald or just listening to what he has to say might help you gain a better understanding." 
 
"But he can't just expect me to accept what he said. I barely know the man. Our ual encounter was merely that. I know nothing about him." 
 
"Or so you say. There's a lot more to what you see Kim. There aren't many people who can fill in the gaps since you've distanced yourself from them and your absence lacked to provide information about your life. Maybe speaking to Gerald might give you a clearer view on things. You don't need to rush yourself into things. Firstly, you might want to ask him how he knows you."
 
There was a long pause as Kim tried to absorb her Doctor's words. Perhaps Dr. Ashton's words did make sense.
 
"Doctor, I'll call you as soon as I can for an update. Thank you for your help and I'm sorry to call you at such an inconvenient time." 
 
"Kim, we've been trying to work through this for so long, I'm just glad that at least now we have some form of lead."
 
"Thank you once again." Kim smiled, it's ben a while since she last did so.
 
"Goodbye Kim. Take care of yourself"
 
Just as she put her phone down. The suite telephone started ringing. 
 
"Hello?" 
 
"Good evening Miss Chiu, I have Mr. Anderson here at the lobby. He wishes to speak to you." The Barbie-like receptionist. 
 
"What?" She felt heat through her ears. Her knees weakened. Surely, Josie didn't tell him where she was. Why would he be here. 
 
"Kim. What are you doing here? You're still not back. You've got everyone worried sick about you. Myself at the most." It was so good and so bad to hear his voice. She didn't know what to reply. He was there. Downstairs at the lobby. How the hell did he know!
 
"Gerald, what the hell do you think you're doing here!"
 
"I'm coming up." Beep. Beep. Beep.
 
She was exasperated. He was coming up. What? How did he even know what room she stayed in? Surely the hotel provided some sort of privacy rights. They didn't even bother asking her permission. A word with the manager, Kim thought. She racked her brain for answers and questions. Anger seeped through her and more importantly, she was nervous to see Gerald. After their agitated encounter, she hasn't spoken to him since. She figured since he hasn't called, he'd wipe her off too...
 
"Kim."
 
She froze. He was inside her suite. How on earth did he get inside? Her legs froze and she couldn't turn around. Hoping that he would somehow disappear, Kim closed her eyes and began to count. Something that Dr. Ashton recommended she'd do when she was running low on patience. 
 
Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten...
 
Slowly peeking through one eye, she jumped back seeing that Gerald was now standing directly in front of her. The small distance that separated them left Kim almost gasping for air. Gerald looked so good as always, wearing a sweater and grey sweatpants. Even in the simplest clothing he looked divine. Kim tried to wipe away the thoughts that lingered in her mind. 
 
"How the did you get here." It was more of a statement than a question.
 
"I drove..." He looked into her eyes not giving away anything else.
 
"That's not what I meant."
 
"Look, you've been gone for days Kim. Josie only heard from you once and if you're wondering if she told me where you were, she didn't. And much to my dismay, she's as loyal as a friend can be. I've been going insane trying to keep a distance from you and give you some space but this is too much. You ran Kim. You ran away without even talking to me."
 
"What's there to talk about? Hell! How did you know where I was, let alone what hotel I'm staying at!" She yelled louder than anticipated. 
 
"I'm a CEO Kim, a man of means. Clearly I have a connection at a place or two. Don't underestimate the lengths I would go when it concerns you."
 
"Don't try to gratify me with your stalking capabilities you jerk. I'm away from you for a reason. I don't want you around nor do I want to hear from you. If you were the smart person they say, then why haven't you gotten the memo?"
 
"You're the one who hasn't gotten the memo. I have feelings for you Kim and a couple of days ago, I'm pretty damned sure you reciprocated the same."
 
"Humour me. What are you doing here anyway?"
 
"To take you home. There's a lot you need to know." With that Gerald stepped forward and held onto Kim's cheek. He looked into her eyes and leaned in for a kiss. As much as Kim wanted to push him away, she succumbed to his hold. Being in his grasp already felt like home. She could smell his scent. It smelt so familiar yet new. It felt odd to feel this way around someone she barely knew. As he held her in his arms, Kim felt his chest move up and down in such a steady routine. On the contrary, her heart was beating a million times per second. She was afraid of what she was feeling for him.
 
"Kim, is the 14th of December a familiar date to you?"
 
Ropes were knotted in Kim's stomach then a flash of an image appeared in her mind.
 
 
It was a baby...
 
***
 
Hello my loves! I'm sorry for the delayed update. I've been distant from fanfiction for a while and I wasn't sure which road I was going to take with this upcoming chapter, well not exactly anyway. So I remembered this story while I've been downpacked with reading a bunch of books lately and I guess a few of the characters reminded me of this story so I was like, Oh why not update? Anyway, I'm sorry for being away for quite a while. It's so good to write again. I've missed it! I hope you like this so far and let me know what you think! Pros AND Cons. I'd love to hear from you lovely readers! I hope you guys had a fantastic Halloween! Cos, I didn't since we don't celebrate it here in Australia. :(
Ciao! xx