Damn it Kim!

In Time.

 

To Gerald, it was a blissful evening. He woke up with the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on. After their sweet encounter the night before, one thing led to another and everything seemed to have made them end up in his bedroom. He couldn't believe what just happened. It was all too fast and Gerald couldn't quite remember how to patch up the scenarios from the night before. It's been way too long since he had spent the night with someone. Once he felt Kim's touch, there was no turning back. He made sure that he didn't take advantage of Kim. He wanted to make sure it wasn't the alcohol that made her want to sleep with him. Gerald was brought back to reality when he felt Kim stir. She was sleeping sound asleep and he couldn't take him eyes off her. The sunlight broke through the curtains which created a pleasant ambience in the room. Perfection was all that Gerald could think of.

 

“I'm sorry! I didn't mean to I just. I don't know. I couldn't help it…" Gerald thought Kim had woken up. She was talking in her sleep.

 

Could it be that? No. Maybe...

 

"Kim? Kim, wake up. Baby..." Gerald slowly tapped Kim awake.

 

Feeling the sun seep through her eyes, Kim squinted with the brightness that shone into the room. She stirred once more leaving no space between her and Gerald. She slowly opened one eye and looked at Gerald. He looked so perfect. His morning hair was scruffy and y all at the same time. He was topless, leaving nothing but a bare chest and a toned torso. She didn't realise she was staring at him until she heard her stomach growl. It was probably way past breakfast and just in time for brunch. Kim was starved.

 

"Morning sunshine." He smiled so sweetly. "Hmm... Good morning." She groaned.

 

"You were having a dream, talking about something. Are you okay?" Gerald shifted so he could face her directly.

 

"Oh really? I don't know. I didn't realise that I sleep talk. What did I say?"

 

"I don't know, you say you didn't know either. Maybe you were thinking how y I was..." he wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"Oh you! I bet you’re just hungry. How about some breakfast?"

 

"Yeah, maybe in a little bit. For now, I just want you here, with me. No one's going anywhere..." he pulled her closer into his arms.

 

Kim and Gerald stayed in bed for a little while longer until Kim finally convinced him to get up and fetch some food. They ate breakfast with much gusto and fed each other. The day was bright and cheerful that Gerald decided to go for a dip in the jacuzzi. For the rest of the afternoon, they enjoyed each other's company, snuggling into each other's arms and sharing stories about their life. Kim has never felt this happy before. It seemed as though the missing puzzle in her life had finally come. She wondered why it was so easy for her to open up to Gerald and let him in so quickly. Being with him didn't feel like a new experience but something she's been missing but didn't quite understand how. He was so amazing and sweet, the perfect guy anyone could ever ask for. He made sure she was well taken care of and never failed to make her feel special. Throughout the day, Gerald spent moments with Kim that he will forever cherish. They slept together but for him, it wasn't any casual or a one night stand. It was so much more than that. To him, it wasn't just lust. Gerald knew that Kim was a keeper. He didn't know how they were going to get there quite yet but in time, he was sure of it.

 

"Hey baby, I'm just going to jump in the shower. Wanna come?"

 

"Hey! Nice try buddy. I already had one." she motioned her index finger at him.

 

"Alright alright! I'll be right back."

 

As Gerald went upstairs, Kim decided to cook them some dinner. Not knowing Gerald's favourite dish, she searched the fridge to see what she could find. Whatever it was, she hoped he'd like it. As Kim was chopping up some vegetables, she heard his phone ringing. Ugh, should I answer it? Maybe it's something important. Oh what the hell...

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hi Gerald, it's me. I'm just dropping some paperwork off, are you at home?" It was a woman. Who is this?

 

"Hi sorry Gerald can't come to the phone right now, may I know who's speaking?" Kim was surprised that someone was going to "drop off some paperwork" at this time off night; on a Saturday.

 

"Oh, alright. It's Isabella, his secretary. Will he be home in around half an hour?"

 

"Yes, we'll be home all evening. Will you be coming by?"

 

"Um yes, if that's okay. He just really needs to sight these and sign some. I need to process them as soon as possible."

 

"Okay, I'll let him know then."

 

It wasn't long until Gerald came down from his shower. He looked so freshened up and even more handsome than before. He could smell the dinner Kim had prepared for them. As he walked towards the kitchen, he saw Kim fixed in an apron and her hair tied in a messy bun. He felt so blessed having a woman like her in his house, preparing him dinner. Gerald had an ice cold shower, hoping that this wasn't just a dream. He had been waiting for this moment for far too long.  It was about time he claimed what was right.

 

"Ah babe. What is it? The smell makes me so hungry." he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

 

"Veal boscaoila. Sorry I kind of had to rummage through your kitchen to find these. I didn't know what you wanted or what your favourite food is, so I ended up cooking this. I also made some baked potatoes and a salad.”

 

“Sounds perfect!”

 

Ding Dong.

 

“Oh I’ll grab it.” Kim headed for the door.

 

“KIM! Oh my! You, you’re here!” Isabella exclaimed. Her face was in awe.

 

“Excuse me? I’m sorry but how do you know my name?” Kim was bewildered that a stranger seemed so surprised at her being here. She somewhat even knew her name.

 

“Oh what I thought you and –“Just before Isabella could finish her sentence, Gerald appeared behind Kim.

 

“Isabella? What are you doing here?!” He looked so perplexed.

 

Kim realised Gerald’s sudden change of mood. He seemed so bothered and the way he grasped onto her shoulders assured her that something was wrong. Although he was behind her, Kim was certain that Gerald’s way was really distressed. Meanwhile, Isabella stood in front of them with an unknown expression on her face. She seemed to be shocked yet unsure of the situation. Moments later, silence lingered between the three. No one moved, no one spoke. It was Kim who broke the silence, wondering why everything suddenly became so tense.

 

“Ge, ah I was just um dropping this off for you to sign. I just really needed to process the papers as soon as possible. I’m sorry for interrupting you. I’ll be out of your hair as soon as you’ve signed these. Promise.”

 

“Well can I at least grab you something to drink?” Kim tried to push aside the awkwardness that had just occurred.

 

“Oh that won’t be necessary. Like I said, I just need these signed.”

 

“No, really. Just come inside and I’ll fetch us some drinks.” With that, Kim walked towards the kitchen leaving Isabella with Gerald.

 

Gerald let her in and they headed towards the lounge room. He somewhat regained his composure and calmed down. Isabella on the other hand was utterly confused of what had just happened. She didn’t want to throw questions just as yet, as she realised that Gerald wasn’t in the mood to talk. They sat there in silence, staring into space. Meanwhile, Kim was in the kitchen preparing some refreshments. She decided to push the thought away although she was puzzled as to why Isabella had such a reaction. How on earth did she know her name? Why did she act like she had just seen a ghost when Kim had opened the door. Kim, you’re over analysing it. Calm down. Gerald must’ve have simply mentioned you to her. That’s all. Nothing crazy. Isabella had so many questions to ask Gerald she didn’t know how or what to say. Why is Kim here? How come? When?

 

“Ge, since when? Does she know?” Isabella began to question. Unknown to them, Kim had just entered the scene.

 

“Does she know?” Kim overheard what Isabella had just said. Was she talking about her? Was it Kim that Isabella meant by she?

 

“Do I know what?” Gerald flinched as he heard Kim’s voice.

 

. What do I say? Bloody hell. Gerald you can do this!

 

“Oh yeah, Isabella was just um saying. If you knew she was my secretary slash long time friend.” He turned around and gave Kim a reassuring smile.

“Yeah, I didn’t want you to think otherwise. Just to be safe you know.”

 

“Oh yeah of course, I had already spoken to her on the phone while you were in the shower. Didn’t you recognise my voice Isabella?”

 

“Oh no, I actually didn’t Kim.”

 

“You know my name. How?”

 

“Gerald might’ve mentioned you once or twice. You’re a lovely woman. Sorry for acting like such a wild goose at the door. It was so impolite of me. I guess I was just excited that I finally put a face to the stories I’ve heard.” She excused.

 

“Stories?” Kim was amazed at how Isabella said Gerald had spoken of her.

 

“Yeah like little stuff. Anyways, thank you for the drink. Ge, you finished signing these so I’m good to go. You two have a lovely night.”

 

Isabella hurriedly headed over to her car. She felt so uneasy, not knowing what to say or do. She was afraid to say the wrong thing and freak everyone out. The earlier she left the safer and better it would be for all of them. During the rest of the night, Kim and Gerald had a scrumptious dinner and shared more stories about their life. Kim was so accustomed to being with him, it felt like she’s known him all her life. They shared jokes, memories and each other’s pet peeves. The more Kim got to know Gerald the more she wanted to spend time with him. She realised he avoided to talk about his past love life or anything to do with family. Maybe that was a barrier to be broken later into their friendship. Friendship? Relationship? She didn’t know where to categorise whatever was going on between them. It was far too early to call him boyfriend but inappropriate to call him friend.

 

“Babe, are you okay? You seem a bit off. Something bothering you?” Gerald said as he noticed Kim crinkle her forehead. He noticed she often did this when deep in thought.

 

“Gerald, I know this is going to sound awkward but I don’t know how to say it so I’m just going to say it. Do I make sense? No I don’t. I mean it’s irrational and confusing and ugh, I don’t know. I don’t want to sound demanding or anything and I don’t want you to get mad at me.” She rambled.

 

“Babe—“

 

 

“And like, I hate doing this, you know, asking weird questions that make things weird between two people and like—“

 

“Babe…”

 

“Or maybe I should just shut up and not say it because—“

 

“Kim! Listen to me, whatever you want to say; just say it. I promise I won’t get mad.”

 

“Gerald what are we? I mean, what are we doing?” She fiddled with her fingers, avoiding eye contact.

 

“Kim, baby. I don’t know how to say this either. But all I know is that I’m sure of it. Hell, I’ve always been sure of it. Babe, I love you.” He almost whispered the last few words.

 

“Love?! What are you talking about?” She was shocked about what she had just heard. How was it even remotely possible that people be in-love within the two weeks of knowing each other?

 

“Love. I mean, isn’t it obvious? I’m like, really attracted to you and I’m sure as hell it’s not just lust. I don’t only want you for the physical stuff. It’s so much more than that. Don’t you feel it too? We did make love last night.”

 

“Woah wait. I simply asked what we were. Love? Made love? Ge, how can two people be in-love in such a short time of knowing each other? We didn’t “make-love” we had . You can’t just tell me you’re in love with me after . That’s sheer infatuation!”

 

“What? You’re the one who asked what we were. So what is this to you, friends with benefits?”

 

“I’m not that kind of girl Gerald.”

 

“Then why did you have with me?”

 

“What the hell is wrong with you? Two seconds ago you were all lovey-dovey and sweet and now you’re acting like an arrogant jerk. If you must know, I do not sleep around with random men but I don’t just jump into relationships either. I simply asked what we were, like I don’t want it to be awkward after this but you just had to bring all the love business into it!”

 

“Damn it Kim. You really don’t remember do you??” He scoffed, beginning to raise his voice.

 

“Remember what?!” What the hell is he talking about?

 

“Tell me Kim, who was the last person you were in a relationship with? When was it?”

 

***

 

Hey! So so so sorry for the mega late update. I know I’ve been lazyish but I actually typed half of this ages ago and I just kept re-doing it. I wanted it to be right and everything. Anyways, Uni has been hectic and I’ve just been super busy. Luckily I had some time to squeeze this chapter in. I hope you like it. You might be a little confused but it’ll make sense soon, I promise. I hope you guys have a very lovely and blessed Easter! <3