sleeping at seulgi's house

ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜɪᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minutes later, Wendy arrived at the Kang’s house – which was few blocks away from the mansion. She tried to catch her breath after running as quickly as she could, she even removed her heels the moment she arrived there. And she was just standing outside the gate, looking at the front view of the small house that was perfect for a small family. Nonetheless, Wendy could feel the love and the warmness of the people living inside.

She shot a look upwards when she felt something fell on her skin. It started to rain. Few moments later, it got heavier and her dress was started to get soaked. There was no shed for here to stay. She firmly stood there and didn’t mind being completely drenched by the heavy rain. The feeling she had at that moment was heavier.

She didn’t know how to call Seulgi for it was too loud due to the rainfall. They might not hear her. All she could do was to wait for someone inside to come out.

When she was young, her parents scolded her when she tried to play outside while raining. She really loved it when it rained. It did helt to comfort her, just like what it was doing to her at that time.

Less the ten minutes, Seulgi went out – holding a bag of trash. She quickly hugged herself with her free hand as the cold swish of wind greeted her. She tossed the trash bag on the bin and was about to go inside when Wendy’s shining dress caught her attention. She squeezed her eyes and shot it open to see the sight perfectly. And when she did realize who it was, she panicked.

“Oh my goodness, Wendy!” She shouted as she ran towards her. She didn’t mind getting wet as well due to the rain. She was too worried to see her friend in such state. She immediately hugged her and guided her inside their abode.

The moment they entered the house, its interior caught Wendy’s attention. She noticed how narrow the space inside was. She also saw the little holes on their ceilings where droplets of rainwater where falling to the buckets and pails. The house had only few things that where old and dusty.

Seulgi faced her. “What happened to you?”

Wendy was quivering and was too weak to speak. She stayed outside long enough for her to feel really cold.

Mrs. Kang, who was inside their kitchen, went outside to see the scene after hearing her daughter’s voice. “What on earth happened to you, my girls?” In a flash, she gave the girls thick towels for them to dry and warm themselves up. Worry was clearly evident on her face as she patiently wait for them to respond.

“I saw her outside after I threw out our trash. I don’t know for how longs she was standing there. The rain was so heavy!”

“Then, go to your room and change your soaked clothes. We don’t want to get sick, do we?” Her mom asked and told them to immediately go to Seulgi’s room. Seulgi nodded and followed her mother’s order.

“I’m sorry about my room. It’s a bit messy and it looks small compared to yours.” She shyly said. Wendy only gave her a weak smile and told her that it was fine.

Wendy went to the bathroom after Seulgi gave her some clothes. She quickly washed herself up. After her, Seulgi followed. She also took a bath to wash herself up and changed to her dry clothes.

Seulgi was really curious about how her friend ended up outside their house, wearing some fancy dress. She also noticed the puffiness and redness of her eyes.

An hour later, the two were already sitting comfortably on Seulgi’s single bed. The rain was still falling hard but luckily her room had a heater.

“Can you tell me what happened?” Seulgi gently asked her. “I think your parents are worried about you. Did you tell them about this?”

Wendy sniffed. Her nose got runny after crying and after staying under the rain. “I don’t think they care for me.”

“How can you say that? Of course, they do.”

“No, Seulgi.” She firmly said. She looked like she had hatred towards her parents. “They don’t.”

“Why?”

“They set me up for something without asking me first. They want me to marry to Kyungsoo,” Wendy said.

“What?” Seulgi said out of surprise. She even stood up from her the bed. “I’m sorry. Am I hearing this right? You’re going to get married?”

“Yes. And I hate it. I don’t want to marry at such young age and especially with him!”

“Hold on- I don’t understand. Why are they doing this to you? Is that why you ran away from them?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter