forget-me-not

roses and sunflowers and lilies

iv. thursday

 

Chaeyoung wakes up to the smell of cinnamon French toasts and the sound of birds chirping outside, only to be barraged with notifications on her phone from a certain absentee the night before.

0507

OMG

0507

I fell asleep as soon as

I got home from practice

0507

Wah are u mad

0507

(_)

0507

Chaeng, come back

0507

Did you read that like

Rose from titanic

0507

geddit bc ur rosé ㅋㅋㅋ

THE LOML

Wow ur really corny as ever

0507

OH HI

0507

You’re welcome for the flowers

and the other thing

 

Chaeyoung feels a pang of guilt, remembering the locker she was asked to open yesterday. She swears to open the locker right before class and hurries to eat while replying to her secret admirer.

THE LOML

Oh crap

THE LOML

Guess we’ll call it even?

0507

omo u seem to be forgetful

0507

Alright then! Promise I wont

Sleep on u again :>

THE LOML

It’s fine!! Also, practice?

0507

oh that

ya I kinda have a thing this weekend

THE LOML

You’re part of the dance team?

0507

Uhhh yeah

THE LOML

Wow that’s amazing

THE LOML

I heard your captain has a heavy hand

0507

WHAT no

0507

I mean she’s just strict, I think

she just wants the best for us

THE LOML

Aww im sure you guys will win!!

0507

It’s not about that!!

0507

I mean yeah winning is great but

Dancing is a work of art and when

You perform your art or present it to

The world, there should be a certain

Quality and hard work put into it

THE LOML

One that you’ll be proud of

0507

Yeah exactly

0507

Well that’s what Lisa says anyway

0507

I think she just wants us to be proud

Of ourselves and happy with the dance

THE LOML

You and Lisa seem close

0507

We’re both cute dancers what

Do u expect

THE LOML

I’ll believe it when I see it :P

THE LOML

You’re right tho

THE LOML

Lisa Manoban is gorgeous

0507

Wha

Seems like ill need to fyt her ( •̀_•́)

 

 

Chaeyoung just chuckles at her phone and hurries to get ready and go to school, arriving with enough time to a barely occupied hallway with locker 327 containing what looks like a shiba pillow and a black velvet box. She finds a simple silver ring where the ends of the circle don’t meet inside the box and immediately puts in on, smiling at the cute accessory and even cuter plushie. It doesn’t occur to Chaeyoung that she’s still smiling until Jennie appears as she closes her own locker where she put the pillow inside.

“Good mood today?”

“Good morning to you too, Jen” Chaeyoung intertwines their fingers and starts walking to Jennie’s class but the older girl stops for a moment and raises their linked hands. “This is new, from your secret admirer?”

Chaeyoung just shrugs which prompts Jennie to raise an eyebrow at her. “You seem to be liking their gift tremendously.”

“I can’t exactly bring a Chanel handbag to school Jen” The blonde chuckles at Jennie with a knowing look. “You’re tired from cheer, how about we skip first period and take a nap?”

“Have you lost your mind?”

“Come on, it’s not like this is the first time. I’m tired too let’s go!” Jennie lets out a squeak when Chaeyoung picks her up and runs to the council room. They enter the room with laughs and a few huffs from the taller girl who then slumps onto their couch.

“C’mere, you have to rest you baby.”

“Excuse me? You’re talking to your Top Girl” Jennie cuddles beside her anyway and pouts, cheeks reddening by the second.

“She says as she pouts and snuggle like a koala” Chaeyoung teases and then smiles, kissing the older girl’s forehead as she drifts off to sleep. “Rest well baby”

Chaeyoung looks at Jennie with eyes full of adoration, resisting the urge to pinch her cheeks and instead reaches for her phone instead.

THE LOML

You should really consider giving a

name and a face first before putting a

ring on it

0507

And you should really consider

Paying attention in class

THE LOML

Says you! Stop texting in class

0507

…you texted first

0507

Im glad u liked my gifts though :>

THE LOML

Where did I say that

0507

You wouldn’t be texting right now

If u didn’t

THE LOML

Grr whatever

THE LOML

Just help me name it

0507

hmmm

0507

Bangu!

THE LOML

You seriously want me to call it fart?

0507

That’s what I first thought of okay

0507

..bc that’s what im holding in

THE LOML

gross

0507

Idk how but I just know u laughed :P

THE LOML

Yeah yeah now pay attention in class

 

Chaeyoung actually snorts at the other person’s messages but holds her laughter in to avoid waking Jennie up. She smiles instead, tracing the ring on her index finger before she dozes off to sleep as well.

 


 

Something shifts beside her. Jennie seems to be sitting up but actually just adjusts and snuggles closer to the blonde. Chaeyoung feels way better and checks her watch, eye widening as she starts waking Jennie up.

“Jennie, wake up.”

“Jendeukie!!”

“Hey it’s lunch”

“Baby get up!” Jennie jumps a little and rubs her eyes, groggily staring at Chaeyoung who just beams at her. “Feeling better?”

“Much.” Jennie shoots her gummy smile at Chaeyoung who can’t help but smile back before saying, “Good because we skipped our morning classes.”

“WHAT”

“Yeah it’s crazy, but you know we can find a way to still get excused”

“No Rosie, it’s Seulgi’s surprise today!” Chaeyoung’s hand immediately covers as she remember their surprise for their friend’s birthday the day before hers. They quickly grab their bags and run towards the cafeteria, letting out a sigh of relief to find only Joy and Yeri at their table.

“Finally! Are you guys ready?” Joy asks as soon as they place their bags under the table. Jennie and Chaeyoung both nod and the blonde heads off with Yeri to gather some things.

“Why are we doing this today again?” Jennie mutters under her breath as she gets a small cake from their cafeteria staff.

“She only appeared for afternoon class last Monday remember?”

“Ah right I only saw her at cheer.” Joy nods at her and sees Chaeyoung and Yeri returning with a few balloons and a Happy Birthday sign.

“I’ve already texted Lisa so the dance team should be here in a few minutes.” Yeri motions at them to get ready and other people from their school start filing in the cafeteria. They’re greeted by a loud gasp as the dance team appears at the entrance and Seulgi might as well be running towards them. The group starts singing with the dance team and everyone else in the room joins in solidarity, making Seulgi smile widely and the singing even louder.

“We decided to not give you gifts today but instead paid for the whole cafeteria to only serve your favorite food. Happy Birthday.” Irene’s greeting makes Seulgi envelope her in a bone crushing hug before starting to thank everyone who was there and telling them to eat.

“Yah, thanks to Seulgi here our practice got cut short so make sure to eat a lot because you’ll burn it all off later.” They all laugh at Lisa’s comment and Chaeyoung can’t help but wonder if this playful girl was really the terror captain of the dance team. She realizes she’s been staring a little too long and looks away, only to to notice something blue peeking out of her bag. Chaeyoung rushes to check for fear that someone stole or ruined her things but immediately smiles when she picks up a stem of forget-me-not flowers instead.

I think I know exactly what

This flower says

Remember me :)

             - 0507

Chaeyoung arrives at home after another exhausting practice day with a few minutes to spare before dinner. Bored, she decides to text her entertaining admirer for her daily review of flowers.

THE LOML

Hey

THE LOML

My favourite colour is blue

0507

Aww that’s great I really did it today

0507

But do you know why the color of

The ocean is like that

THE LOML

???

0507

bc the fish said blu blu blu ∩()∩

THE LOML

So u ARE still corny

0507

HEY I know you laughed!

THE LOML

It’s funnier to me bc I have a fish

0507

omo what’s its name?

THE LOML

Joohwangie <3

THE LOML

Better than bangu right

0507

At least bangu isn’t named after its color…

 

THE LOML

Bahahah

THE LOML

Thanks for everything today =)

0507

That’s nothing!!

0507

If I made u laugh after ur tiring day

That’s enough for me ( ˊᵕˋ )

0507

Good night <3

 

A blush spreads through her cheeks as she reads the last few texts, smiling a bit until her mother calls her out.

 

“Roseanne stop using your phone, let’s eat!”

“Yeah don’t you wanna hear about mom’s stolen flowers again” Alice chimes in with a giggle to tease their mom who just gives her a pointed look.

“This is serious, Alice. Someone out there is really stealing flowers from our garden! Terribly!!”

 

Chaeyoung chuckles at her mom and decides to sleep early after dinner and a bath. It’s been another long day and she only has one homework left to do that she can cram in the morning.

 


 

She actually wakes up early, during just the crack of dawn and the blonde stands up, yawning. Chaeyoung sees something from the corner of her eye and turns to the window only to spot a hooded figure crouched in front of her mother’s marigolds.

 

“YAH!” She pulls the thief who falls on the ground with a thump and the hood coming off.

 

“Lisa?!”