roses are rosie

roses and sunflowers and lilies

 

  1. monday

Park Chaeyoung hates Mondays. Although her personality would probably pose her for a morning person, she thinks this might be the most significant thing that separates her from the whole kind, responsible golden girl image people in her school have associated her with. Not that she’s complaining about it, it’s actually a huge compliment people think of her like that. Still, she doesn’t understand why she has to get up at 6 am for anything ever. The one thing she likes about mornings is how the sunlight envelopes their garden in a warm hug, illuminating all the flowers her mom takes care of everyday. Chaeyoung groans as her alarm rings again, a signal for her to actually get up and face the day.

“Rosie!” Even though she’s still irritated at how early she woke up today, the blonde can’t help but grin at her best friend calling her as Chaeyoung walks to their lockers.

“Hey, Jen. You’re early today.”

“Ugh same. Stupid Flag Ceremony and Student Council duties.” The smaller girl mutters. Chaeyoung begins to say something about the announcements they’re supposed to make for the student body later but pauses as she sees something weird in her locker.

“What? Ooooh Rosie has a secret admirer!” Jennie looks over the taller girl’s shoulder as she spots three pink roses and a tiny card in Chaeyoung’s locker.

 

Roses are red, but they’re also rosie,

I can’t tell you my name yet

But I hope you can text me?

xx-xxxx-xxxx

                                           -  0507

 

Jennie bites her lip to try to hold back her laughter before she starts loudly laughing along the corridor. Chaeyoung can’t help but chuckle at it a bit as well but was also more intrigued as to who this corny admirer could be.

“Shut up, Jen. We better go before Jisoo kills us.” Chaeyoung says with a slight warmth to her cheek as she rushes to their flag ceremony.

 


 

Chaeyoung spends the whole day thinking about texting the mysterious 0507 until passes by the field and sees Lalisa Manoban on the way to cheer practice. She didn’t know the dancer plays football as well until she absentmindedly watches Lisa sweatily run as she passes the ball. By some sick twist of fate, Lisa sees Chaeyoung staring as she catches her breath, smiling at the blonde before turning back her focus to the game.

“Stare a little more so we can see if she’ll melt.” Chaeyoung almost smacks the person behind her but only jumps a little as she turns to face Jennie.

“Why the hell are you following me?”

“Have you forgotten who’s Top Girl on your squad?” Jennie raises and eyebrow before continuing, “Maybe you would remember if you weren’t so busy ogling Lalisa Manoban.”

“Stop, I didn’t even know she played football.” Chaeyoung sighs as they walk towards gym for practice.

“Oh yeah Jisoo kinda forced her to join for some time since Dahyun got injured.”

“You’re spending an awful lot of time with Jisoo nowadays huh?” The taller girl wiggles her eyebrows to tease Jennie.

“Shut up, she’s the President and I’m the VP, we’re just working.”

“I’m in council too so I know you’re lying but okay sure.” Chaeyoung sticks her tounge out at the older girl who only does the same in reply. They arrive at their locker room and start changing when Jennie remembers, “What were you planning to do with your secret admirer by the way?”

“Hmm, I don’t really know Jen. Maybe I’ll text to ask who they are later.”

“I think you should. There’s probably going to be more tomorrow.” Jennie laughs before saying, “Happy RV day, Rosie.”

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes at her best friend’s antics. “Please stop with that, it’s been three years.”

“Come on! Rosie Valentine’s is something our whole school appreciates.”

“I love Rosie Valentine!” Joy appears out of the blue and grins at the two.

“You only like it because you get to eat 1/3 of the chocolates Rosie gets” Jennie quips “Remember when you participated on the first year?”

Joy and Chaeyoung both blush a little at the memory as the other cheerleaders fill up the locker room and they see Wendy and Yeri.

“Hey Cap, Rosie, Ugly” Yeri says before opening her locker.

“You’re uglier, ” Joy retorts while smiling at the younger girl. “We were just talking about RV day”

“Oooh the one where Chaeyoungie gets a bunch of flowers and chocolates before everyone else on the fourteenth?” Wendy grins.

“OH YEAH. It’s like we’ve been having two Halloweens since middle school.” Yeri says. “RV day’s pretty iconic honestly.”

“You can just say it’s my birthday guys.” Chaeyoung interjects.

“Besides, I don’t think those people even actually like me.” Joy turns her head at the blonde when she says that, opening to say something before Jennie replies first.

“Yeah right. Thirty people gave you flowers and chocolates ahead of Valentines and after that people just continued it as a tradition for oh so perfect Chaeyoungie.” The girls laugh at Jennie’s sarcasm before their coach calls and they all rush to practice.

 


 

Jennie drops her off after practice and blows a kiss before saying, “Bye Rosie, Text your girl !”

Chaeyoung smiles shakes her head at her friend as she walks inside her house and gets a vase for the roses. She thinks about doing her homework for a moment but decides to wait until after dinner instead. 0507 is still bothering her thoughts and she contemplates for a moment before grabbing her phone.

 

Hi?

0507

Yoooo who is this?

I think I should be the one asking you that actually

 

Chaeyoung gets a bit amused at her secret admirer and watches the typing symbol appear and disappear thrice for two minutes before she gets a reply.

0507

Oh crap are you Park Chaeyoung?

im not allowed to talk to strangers you know

0507

I’ll just take that as a yes then :P

0507

so what do you want to know?

THE LOML

wdym

0507

aside from asking me who I am which im obv

not gonna answer, what did u text me for?

 

If she wasn’t intrigued, Chaeyoung would honestly be a little bit insulted at the last message but takes it as a challenge instead and decides to play along.

THE LOML

Oh right. I was going to ask how you

came up with the worst pick up line

i’ve ever heard in my life.

0507

:00

0507

Excuse me?!?

That was a good one

THE LOML

It was terrible

the roses weren’t even red!

0507

But it got u to text me right (✿◠‿◠)

 

THE LOML

Fair point

THE LOML

Okay I’ll ask you a real question then

THE LOML

Why’d you give it today?

 

0507

You’ll find out tomorrow.

0507

No more clues!!! Good night rosie <33

 

Chaeyoung smiles at her phone and decides to leave the conversation at that. She’s getting more curious about her mystery person who was so obviously nervous at first but immediately turned around and got even more playful at the end.

Good night, 0507.