Chapter 10

Having My EX as a Roommate (Seulrene)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

10. It feels a lot like home. At the end of the day you have someone you love to come home to.

 

“Hey, you’re back.”

“So how’s work.”

“ing hell.”

“Woah oh, bad day?”, and she gives me ‘are-you-kidding’ glare.

I held my hands up in surrender, “Just trying to make a conversation.”

“So you gonna tell me about it or should I just get you some beer?”

She gives me the look again and I let out a sigh before standing up to get what see wants.

“Can you get me something stronger?”

“Like what? Regular beer?” Well, she always drank them light and flavored ones you know. Keeping the calorie-count bull.

 

“Alright I’m just kidding. How about the wine? You fine with that?”

Still no response from her.

“Yeah?” I repeated and all I could see was just the back of her head leaning on the couch, but I saw her raising her hand up in agreement.

 

After she took a sip, “I thought we were out of wine?”

“Oh, I bought them to celebrate.”

“For what?”

“Well, I actually have some good news.” I drank my own glass after I settled down beside her.

“So, what is it?”

“I got a job.” I gave her my smile. I knew she would be happy because she had been bugging me about it. “And it’s a good one too.”

I saw her slowly smiling.

 “Congrats Seulgi. I’m happy for you.” She sighed before letting her head settle on my shoulder.

“You know what I’m happy for the both of us because that’s one thing off my ‘stress list’ I can cross out.”, she continued. “And having some good news right now is something I need, ‘cause work was such a drag today.”

“Yeah, I know you’d be. ‘Cause you’ve been bugging me to get a stable a job since I’ve been here.” I gave her a gentle nudged before I refilled her wine glass.  “Though I can pay half of the bills being a freelancer, I thought about what you said and you know, as adults we need some stability for our future and it got me thinking that you were actually right.”

“Wow, I like this Seulgi I’m hearing. From now on, it’s the new Kang Seulgi.”

“Yeah. Thanks to THE Bae Joohyun.”

 

Silence wafted over us, but it was something comfortable.

“Thanks Seulgi.”

“For what?”

“For this (holds up the wine and points to everything around us), for everything.”

“It’s nothing Hyun.”

“You being here is definitely better than me going home to an empty unit on a bad day like this.”

“Do you wanna talk about it?”, I looked at her to see her eyes closed.

“Nah, it’s just going to get me riled up again. Anyway, I still managed to fix everything so no use trying to make a bigger fuss about it you know… But it just bugs me that one mess up can lead to a lot of do-overs.”

I chuckled at her contradicting statement, one moment she wants to forget about it then she brings it up the next. Typical Bae Joohyun, I thought.

She gave me an elbow to which I winced. “So are you sure you don’t wanna talk about it? You know it helps if you let it out.”

“Fine, if you say so! Augh, but it’s on you if you won’t be able to calm me down.”

I gave out a sigh and a smile at the same time to indicate for her to go on. It’s just I’m used to this, if she doesn’t let this out sooner or later it’s gonna pile up and I’d still be the one to deal with it. So better let out the bomb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter