Chapter 2

Having My EX as a Roommate (Seulrene)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2. Everyday expenses are cheaper.

 

“You know you should really get a job.”

I gave her an offended look.

“I have one you know.”

“But it’s not the same Seul.”

“That’s why it’s called being a freelancer. I get do whatever I want and get paid for it.”

“You know it won’t get you that long.”

“Who says? Maybe it will. C’mon Hyun, think about it how much do you earn per cut-off? That’s only twice a month and you work for like 8-10 hours a day; give or take you also work on Saturdays when you have to. But, for me, having my own time means I can just work once or maybe twice a week or once a month even, depending on how big the client or project is and I get to earn as much as you if not more.”

“Fine, you got me. But what if you don’t have any more clients or gigs?”

“That’s highly unlikely. Because most clients recommend me to other companies, that’s why I never run out of projects. Most I get are for graphic, web, and industrial designs, to DJ-ing and hosting and to being a freelance photographer. I’ve also choreograph dances for some private schools because of my Mom’s friends.”

“Whatever, you’re already bragging.”

“Ha! I think you’ve forgotten how cool I am.”, I gave her a nudge.

“Whatever, I’m hungry. Are we ordering some take-out or are you gonna cook for me?”

I scoffed at her demand. “Fine let’s just order some take-out. I’m too lazy to cook for your highness.”

“Can we order something local this time? We always order foreign stuff I’m already forgetting the taste of Korean food.”, she requested with a pout. It’s cute, but it always ended up disturbing me a bit.

“Alright. What else?”

“It’s your treat?”

I just gave out a sigh. I can’t reject now can I? Aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter