Chapter 1

The Pain you never knew.

August 18, 2019

 

I am currently waiting for my appointment which is already 15 minutes late. If not for this school thesis that I have to finish, I would have leave exactly a minute after she had wasted my time. It’s a good thing that I don’t have any classes after this so I guess I could really forgive her for being late today. And besides, I’m the one who needs something from her, not the other way around. 

 

Be patient Mina~ be patient a little more.

 

I suddenly felt a tap in my shoulder. When I checked who it was, I saw a cub. A cute baby cub it is. She looked like one for me though. Hmmm.. She have a cute apple cut hair, a cute dimple as she’s smiling at me and a noticeable mole under left part of her lips. I think I already saw her before.

 

Ahmm Hello Mina.. Mina right? I’m Chaeyoung.. She signaled her hand for a handshake and Wow, she have soft hands.

 

Yes I’m Mina.. ahmm do .. do you need anything? .. Relax Mina.. why am I stuttering?

 

I’m Tzuyu’s best friend and she sent me to you. Unfortunately, she’s not around today because she got sick..She pouted after that. Arrgg .. why is this person so cuuute.. 

 

Awww.. I’m sorry to hear that.. She didnt inform me though..Ahmmm.. Thank you for telling me anyways.. I smiled at her andI packed my things so I can go. I’m starting to get awkward because I dont even know what to say but the girl stopped me.

 

Hey..dont worry.. I can replace her if you want.. I’ll just need to fill up a survey right? She told me brightly.

 

My heart skipped a beat. I blame it on her dimples. For sure it’s because of her dimples. 

 

Right Mina? Yeahh.. it’s her dimples.

 

Aaarggg.. She’s so adorable.

 

End of flashback.

 

************************************************

 

Present time. April 23, 2028. 7pm

 

She’s still so adorable.. What did I do to deserve this chance? That I can still be able to be part of your life Chaeyoungie? After all that had happened.. 

 

I look as our friends is happily greeting her a happy birthday. Her smile is so contagious that even though I just picked up my heart from the painful memories and events that flashbacks, I felt my lips automatically smiled. 

 

Then she saw me and it’s still just as magical as the first time we met. 

 

Chaeyoungie.. I quickened my pace so I can reach her. I wanted to hug her so bad.

 

Minariii~ She half run, excusing herself to our friends as she makes her way to me.

 

Happy Birthday Chaeyoungiee ~ I put down my bag and gift so I can fully embrace her.

 

Yaahhh.. I thought you forgot my birthday.. I am about to get mad at you.. do you know that? 

 

I can imagine her pout as she says those words. My heart memorized it all. 

 

All my memories with her was my greatest treasures in this world.

 

Dont be so whiny baby cub.. I wont forget your birthday.. I cant let you get at me..I .

 

She let me embraced her for a good minute and then I let go of her. 

 

Well, I’ve already let her go..many years ago. 

 

Let’s go Changie.. everyone’s waiting for the birthday girl..

 

*********************************************

 

October 27, 2019. At a cafe. 4pm

 

So... ? Dahyun said while tapping her pen and intently looking at me.

 

So.. so .. we’re friends.. we’re just friends Dahyun.. I pretended to busy myself segregating the answers from the collected surveys that we conducted.

 

I’m not sure Mina.. 

 

What do you mean you’re not sure Dahyun?

 

I mean I’m not sure Mina if I’ll believe you.. Girl.. both of you dont look like just friends to me.. 

 

I immediately stopped whatever I am doing. Her words are enough to make me froze in my spot. Am I really that obvious? 

 

After that day.. the day when Chaeyoung replaced her best friend to help me in my survey.. we end up meeting again because of the follow up task that my professor gave me. And I guess, from there started the beautiful feelings I have for her now. 

 

We became really close along the way. She’s not just pretty outside but more of the inside. Her heart is so pure, so warm that my heart didnt have the time to reject whatever the unwanted feelings or should I say feelings that I shouldnt have for her, and I just melt in it. 

 

I love how caring she is and I always get the attention I want from her. We are practically always together, excusing the thesis as the reason, but deep inside me, I would always make up something just to be with her. And I guess, it didnt escape the eyes of my friends which is also her friends now.

 

We are just friends Dahyun.. and I think that’s the only relationship that we can have.. to be just.. friends..

 

But you dont want to ... am I right? 

 

I paused again and straightly look at her. Where does she want this conversation to go?

 

It doesnt matter, we can’t go that far anyway.. 

 

I.. I didnt know you play on the other team Mina.. Dahyun said but enough for me to hear.

 

I .. I already knew it.. I just chose to hide it ..but then.. she came.. and now I dont know what to do..I'm confused.. 

 

You need to remind yourself Mina that your parents will definitely not be happy if you continue this..

 

I know Dahyuniee.. I know.. 

 

**********************************************

 

November 2019. 7pm. School garden.

 

Chaeyoung’s head was in my lap as she was fast asleep. She just had her thesis presentation and she grumbled how she lacked sleep because of it that’s why she ended up sleeping. 

 

This school’s garden became our meeting place after all our classes. This was also the place where I conducted the survey to her and became our comfortable place together. 

 

As I looked at her sleeping face, I cant help but admire her cute features. Her cute eyelashes, cute pointed nose, cute lips and mole under it, everything about her is cute. She’s the complete definition of cuteness. I want to pinch her cheeks if only she’s not sleeping.

 

Yaaah Minaring~ I can literally feel your eyes on me.. How can I sleep?

 

Yaaah!! I .. I am not! You should get up now.. it’s late already.

 

But my head hurts so much Minaring~ 

 

Yaaah dont give me that pou.. pout Changie~ 

 

But my head really hurts.. Can we just stay a little longer please?

 

I checked my phone just to see my Dad’s message saying that I should be home now. Arrggg.. 

 

I dont know why did I did what I did but maybe its out of instinct and it was definitely want my heart wants. 

 

I grabbed Chaeyoung’s face and showered her kisses..

 

In her forehead, cheeks, forehead, cheeks and then..my lips landed on..

 

Her lips.. 

 

Her eyes opened widely as if she’d had seen a ghost. But I didnt let her speak and I pretended that I didnt know that my lips landed there. 

 

Yes, I made it in purpose!

 

She should have seen what her face looks right now.. teeeheeee.. I stood up and walk away..

 

Come on Chaengie! Let’s go home now..

 

End of Flashback.