Our Actions

Eternally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're different you know" Mina said suddenly. She came to that conclusion after spending the last two days with Sana, and yes, they enjoyed summer together.

Not that Sana knew how much time passed since she arrived there but Mina, Mina had to know.
"I heard that before. Guess it's me charm" Sana said.
They were in a kitchen of what looked like a fancy restaurant. Sana claimed she wanted to see for herself how it was, if it was like Ratatouille or not, and she ended up wanting to try some recipes. Right then she was waiting for their ramen to get ready, Mina said she didn't even know how they were made.
Sana was mixing the food with her chopsticks. Her bare feet carefully stepping on the cold floor.
Mina giggled, she couldn't stop smiling, sitting on the kitchen counter to look at what the other was doing.
"It's almost ready." Sana said.
"It smells good"
Sana hummed, turning down the stove.
It was weird, like they were so out of place when they found a table at the middle of the fancy restaurant and started eating ramen. Especially Sana, that was still in the same clothes all this time and Mina was in her elegant dress.

Sana stared at Mina and then the surroundings.
"Can I change clothes?"
"Sure. What do you want?" Mina asked, putting her chopsticks down.
"I'll think about it... Can you change clothes? Doesn't bother you to be in this dress all the time?"
"I actually can't and I got used to it by now." Mina said resuming her eating.
Sana nodded, a bunch of ideas running in her mind.
They fell in silence after that until they finished eating.
Sana looked up to the far ceiling.
"What's the most beautiful place you ever went?" She asked. Getting up after finishing. Mina also got up, humming, following her when Sana walked around the place.
"That's a difficult one. Why do you want to know?"
"So you can take me there." Sana said, she wanted to see something different and maybe Mina could provide her that.
"Or you can't? It's okay though." Sana said, stopping to stare at a painting that hung in the wall of the restaurant, it called her attention.
"I know a place I can take you." Mina said, grabbing Sana's hand as she took them away.
Her vision had to adjust to the darkness when they got there. Sana was about to come forward but Mina stopped her.
"It's been a while I don't come here. Be careful and stay by me side" Mina came close enough to whisper to her. Sana whispered back an okay and held her hand tighter.
Mina started moving forward like finding her way through what Sana could distinguish as tall trees when she could finally see better. It was pitch black.
"We are almost there." Mina said in a low tone, careful for them not to stumble.
Until they could see light, a small one but it called attention in contrast with the darkness of the place. It was a firefly. That suddenly disappear in the woods.
Until there were no more trees and the lights coming from above and beyond illuminated them, the Northern Lights crossing the sky making Sana gasp when they were in open field. Mina stopped walking and turned to her, biting her lip and thinking.
"Do you have a memory that makes you go: oh, this is an old memory? Mine is this place." Mina said, looking up dreamingly.
"Someone told me that once I got lost and ended up here. I don't know who made it, maybe it was me maybe not." She completed.
Sana nodded. She had never seem something like that.
"It's the first time I bring someone here" Mina admitted, exhaling the fresh air deeply, the grass on the ground crashing with the wind.
"Thank you" Sana said, taking her gaze away from the sky.
"For showing me this" She genuinely smiled looking at Mina, then walking forward to see the other things in the place.
A bit further in front of them it was a bridge and it seemed like an enchanted forest closed the paths on the sides until a river flowed cutting in the middle of the trees, the bridge above it to provide safe passage, the flowers near it giving a sweet scent to the air.
Sana stopped in the middle of bridge to wait for Mina to catch up, attention elsewhere as she looked down to the water.
Mina almost envied the way Sana was looking at the river, so soft, like adoring its glory.
Mina felt peace there, one she had never felt before.
"What are you thinking about?" Mina softly asked, standing by her side to also look the river that flowed below them.
"A huge part of my life was going to college you know"
The sudden subject surprising Mina.
"Yes, I saw that" Mina said, eyes focused in a few fishes that tried to swim against the flow.
"You did? I don't even remember my last week but anyways, it's weird you know. It's like everything is spinning around your studies when you're into it but right now... Right now I feel like it didn't make any sense." Sana said, her feet slightly swaying above the distant water.
"But... I don't know how it works exactly but I see it like the type of thing that could lead you somewhere. It will probably take your friends somewhere." Mina said.
"You're probably right." Sana mumbled, sighing. Eyes locked on the many colorful flowers that decorated the sides of the river.
"You don't know how it works?" Sana asked just then realizing.
"Not really, like, you can choose something to study?" Mina said shaking her head.
"So, basically yes. Whatever you like. Preferably. I was starting psychiatry, I was there for like three months and it was already driving me crazy... Say Mina, what do you think you would be doing in college?"
"I don't know my options"
"Oh... For what I see, you said that you like music so something related to it. It seems like you, it's the type of study that will make people think and search for inspiring things. You would do an adorable music or dance student Mina." Sana said deep in thought, ended up with a smile.
"I think so then" Mina said, blushing a bit, staring at Sana's side profile.
"Do you think a lot about your life?" Mina asked, honestly, it was the first time she asked that to someone. And it's been a while she's in that job.
"Now that you're saying, I don't think so, it's just I remembered it... I feel so peaceful in this place." Sana said, looking at her.
"I also feel peaceful here. Right now" Mina said, smiling brightly.
'You're so pretty when you smile' Sana thought.
'If there's a chance can we stay like this?' Mina thought.
It felt so natural, like the stars the sky, like the flow of the river. Mina was in ecstasy but calm at the same time.
Sana knew that it didn't matter how much time passed after that, she wouldn't forget that moment, not when she questioned everything she knew right there, not when she felt a cold sensation when she thought about forgetting it. Not when she wanted to hold Mina tight like she couldn't live a day without her.
"Can't we make this our place? It's so beautiful." Sana quickly said. But then she looked a bit embarrassed.
"Because you said you never brought anyone here so I thought..." Sana said slowly and more embarrassed with Mina's silence.
Maybe it was time for Mina to start cutting those conversations. She can't understand why she surrenders so easily to Sana.
"Of course, it's our place now"
'Now it's even more special' Mina thought, a sudden burst of happiness into her.
Also, Sana marked everywhere so easily, like it made no sense before her presence.
"The river makes me remember a time I went camping with Jihyo. That's why I remembered college. Just the good memories though" Sana said, finally crossing the bridge and coming near the water.
"We tried to catch fishes but failed miserably. It was funny." Sana said laughing a bit.
"Do you want to try right now? But this river doesn't have many" Mina said, crouching over to lightly put her hand in the water.
It was true. The few fishes there were small and barely there.
"I want to. Let's go camping Mina!" Sana said enthusiastically like she had the most brilliant idea.
Mina nodded and took them away to a place she thought Sana would like.
The dead leaves falling slowly, the loud and strong wind made them close their eyes, the yellowish grass on the ground swaying in all directions.
Mina let Sana's hand go to happily walk to the nearby lake filled with orange and yellow autumn leaves by the lakeshore. It was the middle of the day, the sun was up and hot in the sky.
Sana followed Mina until she saw a white camping tent against the wind not so far from the lake.
"It's ours." Mina yelled from where she was near the water after seeing Sana eyeing the tent.
In front of the tent, had two chairs, a table made for those occasions, a coffee bottle that was still warm and food that had yet to be made, not so far but more near the water had a small place set for them to prepare food. It looked like Mina got really excited about that.
"Do you like it?" Mina hopefully asked coming closer.
"I do" Sana said, meeting her mid-way. Sana looked beyond her and noticed the two fishing rods waiting for them.
"Help me with the chairs." Mina said, grabbing her chair and going there. Sana followed, positioning herself beside Mina and putting in practice what she learned that time with Jihyo.
Well, it wasn't much but they did well enough to get one fish each. Most of the time they were quiet, if not they were just chatting, mostly about nonsense that popped in their minds.
When the sunset was getting closer, they decided to stop, giving a bit of attention to their surroundings, walking by the lakeshore a little bit.
"Hey Mina, let's bet" Sana said picking a rock of the ground.
Mina looked puzzled.
"Bet?"
"Yes. I'll throw a rock at the lake then you throw a rock. The one that makes the rock bounce above the water the most wins and the loser has to do something the winner picks." Sana explained.
"I'll show you" Then Sana threw the rock in the late and it bounce three times before sinking.
"I think I can do it" Mina said and also picked a rock of the floor to try. Hers bounced four times.
"I won" Mina said with a smug grin.
"It was the practice round, that one doesn't counts" Sana playfully said and Mina just let go.
"So let's pick a rock. You can go first." Sana said.
Mina nodded and threw hers that bounced four times. A smug grin again.
Sana smiled and threw hers right after and it bounced six times.
"I won" Sana celebrated while Mina pouted.
"And what do you want? You said the winner picks something." Mina said.
Sana thought a bit, humming.
"A kiss!" She happily said and Mina's heart almost stopped. She looked embarrassed and Sana noticed.
"I'll be quick." Sana said standing closer in front of her.
"Fine" Mina reluctantly said.
"You sure? It's okay though, we can play again" Sana let her convinced self aside for a moment, honestly, she almost wasn't going to ask that.
"It's okay." Mina surely said looking at her eyes.
"Okay" Sana leaned in, slowly, her nose brushing with the other's as she barely passed her lips to give a lingering kiss on Mina's cheek.
"There" Sana said stepping back.
Mina blushed furiously and Sana was no better, looking everywhere but Mina.
"I thought-" Mina said a bit too low.
"What?" Sana asked.
"Nothing" Mina said smiling.
Then they decided to let go, maybe it was better that way.
After a while the red sunset welcomed them, making them get back to the tent and light up the fire, well, Sana did that and with an ease that impressed Mina.
Eventually they put up a speaker and they choose some random songs about anything, humming if they knew the melody. Sana even changed to some proper clothes to the weather.
"What are we going to eat?" Sana asked poking the fire a bit. She was sat at her chair near it but away from the path of the smoke.
"Fish" Mina suggested. Sana just shook her head.
"Besides that" Sana said.
"Whatever you want" Mina sat on the seat by her side, resting her head on Sana's shoulder. Her fingers unconsciously reaching to pat her own cheek on the place Sana kissed.
"I put those there but I'm too lazy to get up so choose, we don't have to cook" Mina said pointing to the many equipment they had.
Sana nodded, getting up to move their chairs to near the table.
"I want something spicy. I don't know why I'm craving it." Sana said. Mina nodded, quickly se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter