Chapter 9

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana was scared. She’s terrified of what could happen to her especially since it was her first attack again after a long time. Feeling the surging pain on her chest stopped her from talking to her best friend.

She winced, clutching her chest in the process, “Mina…” She gasped, trying her best to calm down, “It hurts.” She closed her eyes forcing herself not to cry with the sudden jolt of pain.

Mina seeing the painful expression of her best friend immediately dialled Nayeon, “Council room. Quick.” She said the moment she heard Nayeon answered the phone before ending just as fast.

The younger Japanese rushed to Sana’s side, “Hey, Satang.” She called calmly, knowing full well that panic wouldn’t do any good, “Don’t close your eyes, please.”

“What happened?” Nayeon who was talking with Jihyo and Jeongyeon earlier asked the moment she saw her hurting best friend.

“Let’s bring her to the hospital, c’mon.” Mina quickly grabbed their things while Nayeon helped Sana out of their council room until her car.

Sana was still gasping while on their way to the hospital, “We’re near, Satang.” Mina whispered while holding Sana close at the backseat of Nayeon’s car.

The moment they stopped in front of the hospital Nayeon immediately asked for help. Doctor and nurses came out with a stretcher, “You’ll be okay, alright?” Mina said as they helped putting Sana on the stretcher before pushing it inside.

With nothing they could do, they were stopped outside the emergency room. Breathing heavily, Nayeon and Mina decided to take a seat at the bench just outside the ER.

“What happened?” Nayeon asked, staring at the white wall. She’s damn worried about her best friend and knowing that she couldn’t do anything frustrates her.

Mina run her fingers through her hair, “I–I don’t know. We were just signing some project proposals as usual,” She frowned, recalling how Sana sounded so hurt earlier, “Then she just…she just told me it hurts.”

Nayeon nodded, “I’ll contact auntie.”

Not waiting any response she stood up from her seat and walk out of the hallway. Between Nayeon and Mina, the oldest seems to always have it hard every time Sana would be brought to the hospital for the exact same reason. Nayeon always thought that she have to be the more responsible one between the three of them because she’s older. She’s always putting the two younger her priorities, so seeing one of them hurt pains her a lot more.

Mina sighed before rubbing her face as she suddenly remembers the hang out she would have with Chaeyoung tomorrow. With the sudden situation it seems like it has to be postponed.

She thought of what she should tell the younger thinking of different excuses but decided to just say the truth because well, they are all friends, “Hey,” She said softly, still staring at the closed metal door of the emergency room.

She heard a soft hum from the other line indicating that Chaeyoung is listening, “I’m sorry but I think we have to postpone our hang out.”

“Oh, it’s okay.” Mina can definitely hear the disappointment of the other girl, “It’s alright, but may I know why?”

Mina closed her eyes for a second before letting out a sigh, “I’m in the hospital and I don’t think I could leave soon.”

“What? Are you okay? What happened?”

Hearing the concerned voice of the cub made her smile, “I’m okay, it’s Sana.”

“What happened to her? Is she alright?”

Mina hummed, her gaze not leaving the metal door, “I hope so.” Mina answered, not quite sure because of the many possibilities circling her mind.

“I’ll tell the others about it, alright?” She heard Chaeyoung saying, “Message me the place and we’ll go there as soon as we can.”

“Yeah, thank you, Chaeyoung.”

“No worries.”

Call ended.

She sighed as she put back her phone inside her pocket after sending a message to the cub. Mina’s mind going back to Sana, too worried at what happened. She doesn’t even want to think of what could happen to her precious friend.

“Mina.”

She snapped her head up and looked at Nayeon, “Are they coming?” She asked.

Nayeon sighed before taking a seat beside Mina, “They will come here tomorrow. Auntie told me that they are at Jeju right now.” Nayeon answered.

Silence them consumes the two of them. All they could was to stare at the metal door that is hiding their best friend until rush steps woke them up from their reverie.

“Hey, how is she?” Jihyo asked as soon as they reach the two council members.

Mina smiled at them softly, “She’s still inside.”

“What happened?” A quiet voice questioned, worried about the other Japanese inside the freaking emergency room.

Nayeon stare at Momo, feeling her chest tightens at the sight of a very worried look. She feels happy seeing that there a lot more people now who cares about their best friend, their Sana. But she couldn’t tell them the truth yet, not without Sana’s knowledge.

So she lied, “Asthma attack.” The usual lie they would say.

Momo frowned at the information, “Is it that bad? For her to be rush in the hospital?”

Nayeon nodded, trying her best to lie. This is for best, she thought.

“She’ll be okay.” The youngest smiled, hating the sad look on a certain Japanese, “She’s Sana, so she’ll be okay.”

Mina smiled with how optimistic Chaeyoung is, “Thank you.”

Chaeyoung only responded with a soft smile and a small nod.

They were silently waiting outside the emergency room when a man in white coat stopped in front of the two council members, “Dr. Lee.” The older of the two greeted.

The old man smiled at them gently, “She’s okay.”

Those two simple words immediately dispersed the worry and fear circling them. Sana just has to be okay and they will definitely be okay as well.

“Thank you.” Mina bowed, her emotions rushing in that she forgot their other friends if not because of Nayeon’s look.

“Can I talk to you privately?” Nayeon asked towards the doctor. Looking straight at the old man’s eyes like telling him that they are going to discuss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter