Chapter 2: Here Comes the SUN

Music From Another Room

“We are like books. We wait for someone to find us and open us to see what’s inside.”

 

Saturday night and I just came back from my over time work; I was so tired that I end up watching a K-drama.

 

Romance is a bonus book

 

Guess it’s true; girls who aren’t on relationship tend to run to Kdramas instead.

STORY OF MY LIFE

 

*beep*

 

My phone notif, there’s a message from my dad, asking if I’m okay.

I replied “I’m good dad, hope you are too”

And then another message came, It’s Chase. I was still typing on my phone when it rang.

Chase is sure a pain in the neck.

 

“Yes?”

 

“You doin?”

 

I motioned my phone near my laptop for her to hear.  Gosh, I’m too lazy to even talk.

 

But then a loud noise scared the heck out of me

It’s like some weird mixed up music was bangin’’, coming from ‘THE ROOM’

 

“WTF was that, Ees?”

Even Chase was so startled.

 

“IDK, really. It’s coming from the room next door”

 

That’s when I told Chase that there’s already someone living next door, She was one of the many people who are anxious on that room.  I then told her too that I really have no idea whose who and that I really don’t care, all I know is, its someone rich, I once saw black luxury cars outside though.

 

“You’re not curious?”

 

“NOPE”

 

“Gosh! I totally miss the old Eeseth, that one who will instantly make up unbelievable things like—MAYBE THE GUY NEXT DOOR IS A PRINCE OR SOMETHING”

 

I did my eye roll

 

“How can you assume that it’s a guy?”

 

Chase chuckled

 

“You’re hopeless, Ees. I really wish that something extraordinary will happen to you”

 

*eye roll again*

 

“Like what??”

 

*silence*

 

“Get knocked up or something??”

 

“F**k YOU!”

 

After a banter, came an apology and like we always does, we ended up laughing.

We are crazy like that, anyway.

 

Text message from Chase came after I hang up

 

“But really, I do pray so hard that something good will happen to you, because you very much deserve it”

 

And then I heard something, it sounded like an electric piano, like what people who composes music use.

Why I know? I am a HUGE fangirl then, I am sure that you know what I mean.

 

I stopped doing whatever I am doing or its more like I was put in a reverie that  it took me a couple of minutes before I realize that I was listening to the sound coming from next door .

 

It’s a tune, something that I never heard before and seriously, it was soothing enough that I felt chills up and down my spine

 

WTH was that?

 

I didn’t know how long I was listening, but the moment it stop playing, I felt like I was about to cry.

 

Maybe that person next door is a witch or something.

 

Or maybe, it’s been that long since I last listen to good music. MAYBE that

 

I slept after that mayhem of confusion, I don’t know how I manage to but I did but still ended up having a nightmare, it’s a scary witch playing a piano, on a extra dark room. Damn, I guess my fangirl-way-of-imagining still exist.

 

1am

I got up to get a glass of water but I noticed something, Clio and Thisbe are not on their beds and I’m hearing something coming from the balcony and found the 2 pups there, okay so I did forgot to close the balcony door. That wasn’t the first time though, but the thing is, someone is playing with them, I remember there’s that not so tiny hole on the wall separating mine to next door, big enough that I can see that someone next door.

 

“Hey, you two!”

 Yes, I am talking to my dogs, but really I am a bit surprise to see someone. Okay, I was just seeing the hands though and I am really not sure if it’s a girl or a boy, but the hands are pretty, like from a girl.

 

The 2 dogs ran into me, wagging their tails.

 

“Traitors!”I jokingly said to the pups.

 

Then I heard a small laugh.

 

“Cute dogs, you have there”

 

OKAY, that sounds like a guy.

 

The introvert in me kicked in, totally NO intention on starting a convo, and when I was about to turn on my back and get inside…

 

“Hi neighbor”

 

S**T! he started it and damn why does he sound that good albeit he’s just talking

 

“Uhm.. Hi?”

 

He made that small snort again

 

“My name is Sun, you?”

He got that silent, low and attractive voice. Why the heck??

“My name is Moon”

I answered, not hesitating this time

 

And we both shared a good laugh.

 

And that same night, I exchanged a good conversation with a stranger, with a name that I am pretty sure that he just made up.

 

Well, I made up mine too.

 

And why does that feel so damn good?