09 - The Remorse

Been Through
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word count: 1295 words. Very short chapter ahead 😅

The Remorse

 

 

 

It had been a week since then; I did not contact Sehun at all, nor did Sehun tried to contact me. I suppose Sehun really did not need me any longer, not when he had Joohyun now. It hurt a lot when I realized that I was probably just used as a rebound by him. No one was there by his side when he broke up with Aeri except me, and just like what Jongdae said months ago, he became too clingy with me, yet I did not notice that I had taken his bait just like that. It hurt so ing much that I could not stop crying that night at the airport, and almost made Junmyeon postponed his flight to the USA- especially after I told him of Sehun’s little confession before he came to the rescue. I did not let him do that just because of my cries, of course, although in the end his parents and Jongdae did come along to my house to help explain things to my parents and brother of what happened, and also to ease Junmyeon’s worry over me. Still, I could not help but to cry myself to sleep that night, and the nights after.

It was only three days after that, when I started to get numb to the feeling, and tried to focus on the impending final revisions of my thesis to distract my mind of what happened. It worked until now, when unexpectedly, a call came from Bae Joohyun. I also had not contacted Joohyun since the incident at the airport- although it had nothing to do with her. Well, okay, it did, but nothing directly damaged my friendship with her, because she was in the dark of all this anyway. All that she knew was Sehun was a close friend of mine, just like she was to me, and period. It was not easy though, because like I said, my heartache both had something and nothing to do with her.

“Hey, Hyun, what’s up?” I answered the call in the end. “Get ready, I’m picking you up in half an hour,” she told me without further explanation. I choked on nothing, “What?”

“You heard me Yeon; you and I both know that we need a small break from thesis,” she reasoned, “So we’re having girls time tonight,” she said again. I scrunched my nose, I did need a small break from everything, although somewhat preferably not with her. But then again, she was in the dark of everything. “I can’t say no, can I?”

“Nope.”

“Where are we going by the way?” I sighed, knowing that I could not deny her request no matter what. “Probably Hongdae, I still haven’t had the chance to go to that Harry Potter themed café.” Well, that was a temptation. I huffed, “Fine, see you later,” we hung up the call.

And that was how I ended up having a life update with the one and only Bae Joohyun two hours after the call. I actually hesitated and almost cancelled the plan when a thought of Sehun being with us came into my mind- but then I remembered she said that it was going to be a girls time, which usually meant only the two of us and no one else. We also had just finished dinner earlier in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter