One

Plot Twist

Heya! this is not an update. I am just in the process of editing and correcting my grammars. To all the people who have taken the time to read this one-shot story, thank you very much! Have a good day and stay safe! :) 


 

Breaking News: Sandara Park and Lee Donghae is rumored to be dating and soon to be married.

The two idols were spotted in a café around Seongdong-gu, Seoul late at night on Saturday. The said café was the popular Haru and One day which is owned by Lee Donghae and his older brother.

According to the witness the two idols were seen talking intimately and kissing. A small diamond ring was also seen on Ms. Park's left ring finger which the witness believed was an engagement ring from Mr. Lee.

Yesung and Eunhyuk of Super Junior together with Se7en (a labelmate and a close friend of Ms. Park and Mr. Kim Yesung) are also present.

There is no official statement from both of the agencies and the idols at the moment.

 

 

Dara is reading the news article on her iPad with a scowl. She’s entangled again to a dating rumor with her best friend for 16 years. She sighed heavily and shook her head.

 

A picture of her and Donghae talking to each other and laughing is in the article, along with a picture of the mentioned people on the news. And there’s another picture which shows that the two of them were like kissing. Donghae’s head was tilted on the left side while her eyes were closed probably because the picture was captured at the moment she blinked. There is also a picture of her left hand where she’s wearing a simple minimalist rose gold diamond ring.

 

She can’t believe the assumption of whoever took the photo but she’s sure that it was Dispatch, based on the watermark in the photo. But she admitted to herself that the photo can be misinterpreted because of the angle of Donghae’s head. Her fish best friend was laughing hysterically to a joke of Se7en when the picture was taken. And because her best friend had a habit of tilting his head, making a weird angle whenever he laughs at something it’s dangerous to sit in front of him. She mentally notes to never sit in front of him again.

 

She scrolled down to the comment sections and saw the majority of positive comments and of course, there were also malicious comments.

 

“Kyahhhhh!!! I told you peps!! the two of them are indeed dating! And on top of that, they were engaged?! Kyaahhhh!! This is shocking!!”

 

“Sandara Park and Lee Donghae! Even if the two of you are not conforming about it, you two are indeed dating and even getting married?!! Don’t’ fool your fans!!”

 

“The two of them look good together!! Kyahh~~ My prayers were answered they are getting married!!”

 

“All of Dara’s fanboys must be shaking and heartbroken! Donghae for the win!! XD ~~”

 

“NO!! Please tell me this is not true! T_T My DaraGon heart is breaking!!”

 

“I don’t like Sandara Park for Donghae! Lee Donghae is mine!”

 

“Duh!! This is ridiculous! Donghae’s girlfriend is not Dara! It’s Eunhyuk. EunHae forever!!”

 

“Lee Donghae! If you’re indeed dating Ms. Park and soon to be married you should quit being a Super Junior! You are damaging the group's reputation because of this rumor! I hate you!”

 

“Whoever said that Donghae should quit the group is out of their minds. It’s still a rumor! Nothing is confirmed yet! Stop your delusional assumption!”

 

Dara sighed and massaged her temple. A sudden headache has hit her head. Those comments are making her stressed. It’s not that she’s affected by the comments but it feels like a deja vu except that this time, there’s an engagement rumor. And she was worried about her best friend and his group. She knew how scary it is when the netizens are hurt by a piece of news. Of course, SM will not do anything to harm Donghae, as well as YG because they know that the rumors are not true.

 

She sighed and started reading again. And there’s one comment that caught her attention.

 

“Another dating rumor again about Sandara Park and Lee Donghae? God, why do people never leave these two beautiful people alone? Every year there’s a dating rumor about them and all of it was denied by SM and YG. And they were best of friends for 16 years now, so it’s common for them to hang out! It is impossible that they are dating, let alone engaged. The picture might be because of the angle. Sorry, I don’t believe this for 5 years they were denying the rumor so there’s no reason to believe this. Remember what Dara said? She will announce who is her boyfriend when she’s ready. So people stop your ridiculous assumptions.”  ~monkey044

 

Dara smiled at the familiar username of the commenter. She put down her iPad on the couch and get her cup of vanilla latte with one shot of expresso above the coffee table. She stood up and strode towards the sliding door of the living room. She opened it and settled herself on the wooden chair on the left side of the balcony. She sips her coffee and breath the spring air that’s lingering on her face. She felt cold because the blue and white pajamas she’s wearing are just thin ones. She put her cup above the table beside the wooden chair and stood up. She leaned on the railings and observed the running water of the Han River. Reminiscing the reason why she and her best friend were entangled with a dating rumor every year.

 

 

 

 

It was the 2nd day of the concert tour of the Super Show 6 in Seoul, Donghae invited Dara to watch the concert which the latter happily accepted. She and Donghae were best friends since high school. The two of them met because of Ku Hyesun when she was flying back in forth in Korea and the Philippines, because of the potential of being a trainee at YG. The two of them became close and their relationship is like siblings.  

 

She was watching the concert backstage during that time because it was too risky to show her face in public when she and her fellow 2NE1 members just landed in Korea from their China tour. She was backstage with Yesung, a close friend of hers because of Se7en. Like her, he was forbidden to show his face in public because he was enlisted in the military at that time. She was focused on watching the live coverage of the concert on a big TV in the waiting room when Yesung spoke to her.

 

“So Dara, Dongwook said to me to send his regards,” Yesung said.

 

Dara looked at Yesung and smiled.

 

“Oh, how’s Dongwook-Oppa doing in the military nowadays? Is he doing well?” Dara asked. Dongwook, Se7en's real name was serving the military along with Yesung.

 

“He’s okay. He will be discharged in December.” Yesung said. “He asked me to tell you to visit him. It seems you’re not visiting him anymore.”

 

“I am just busy. My schedules are getting demanding nowadays. And I can’t find the free time to visit him.” Dara explained. “Just tell him I will meet him in December when he will be discharged.”

 

“You must be very busy nowadays. Why did you attend the concert anyway? From what I heard you just landed in Korea earlier from your China tour. You must be very tired.” Yesung said.

 

“I am. But I can’t do anything about it Oppa,” Dara said while frowning. “I already said yes to Donghae, and that fish will sulk if I cancel my attendance.”

 

Yesung chuckled. “So it’s because of Donghae? It seems like you were forced to attend?”

 

“No Oppa,” Dara said while shaking her head. “I also want to watch the concert, it kinda my stress reliever also.”

 

Yesung nodded and the two of them talk about many things. Their conversation was interrupted when they heard Donghae mentioning Sandara’s name on the TV. The two of them immediately averted their gaze to the big flat screen T.V in front of them.

 

“Also, members, Donghae also invited people,” Kagin said while pointing at Donghae.

 

“Yes, who?” Leeteuk said.

 

“Can I say it?” Donghae asked

 

“Of course,” Kangin said.

 

“Who it is?” Siwon said.

 

“Someone who’s been my friend since High school, 2NE1’s Sandara Park,” Donghae said while smiling.

 

And loud cheers can be heard from the T.V and outside of the waiting room. Dara was stunned when Donghae mentioned her name. They had an agreement to never mention her at the concert. They had an agreement to make her attendance hush-hush because she’s sure that a huge rumor will break loose. But what can he expect from her playful best friend?

 

Dara sighed while shaking her head in disbelief. She was about to look away when a man from the T.V had caught her attention. He’s cutely dancing 2NE1 song, I’m the best. Unknowingly she smiled, and her annoyance to her best friend suddenly died down.

 

Yesung was observing her and followed her gaze to the man who’s dancing. Realizing who it is, he chuckled and thought that his dongsaeng finally had an admirer.

 

 

 

 

As she predicted, the rumors that they were dating are everywhere the following day. Since then until now, they are being entangled in dating rumors every year. Each year, YG and SM keep denying that they were romantically involved which is true because they were just friends. It also comes to a point when Donghae’s personal Instagram account was hacked, because of some sasaeng fan who was jealous of her. Since that incident, they became cautious of their actions protecting each other’s career but some people are persistent in believing that the two of them are dating. And now they also believed that they are engaged because of the ring on her left ring finger.

 

She chuckled while rubbing the beautiful ring on her left finger. Thinking of the mess she’s in. She’s swimming in deep thoughts of what will happen if she will clear the rumor and announced what is the truth about her personal life. She is not the type of person to reveal something about her love life. She’s very secretive because she doesn’t want people to feast on something she treasures. For her, being in love and having a peaceful life with your loved ones is something that should be kept in private. But being a celebrity, she knows that it requires her to reveal and tell her fans the truth. It’s not that she owes them something. It’s about her love for her fans, she doesn’t want them to be left alone in the dark. So she promised them that she will tell them when she is getting married at least.

 

And now she’s engaged but not with her best friend for 16 years. It’s a matter of time when she will make her official announcement. It’s a matter of time when her fiancée is also ready to announce it.

 

She was cut off on her deep thoughts when she felt someone is encircling her waist, hugging her from behind and resting his head on her shoulders. She smiled and put her arms above the muscular arms that were hugging her tightly. She looked to her left and saw a beautiful pair of doe eyes looking at her. She leaned until there’s just a small gap between their faces and their lips. She kissed the lips, gently them and the lips responded to her kisses. She it and it tasted like her favorite vanilla latte. She pushed her tongue inside and play with the other tongue inside. She let out a soft moan when the lips began her tongue. She turned around to face him properly, not breaking the kiss. She put her hands around his nape and comfortably devouring the sweet lips. When she felt that’s she’s lacking oxygen, she gently backed away. She smiled at the man in front of her who is also wearing blue and white pajamas. She saw his red face and ears. She’s gasping for air as well as the person in front of her.

 

“Why did you break the kiss?” The man said while pouting

 

She chuckled. “I am out of breath.”

 

“Give me some more.” The man whined.

 

“Later Mister.” She said and give the man another pecked. “We have to talk about something first.”

 

The man gave her a questioning look. Dara put down her hands and grab the man’s hand and pulling him inside. They took a seat on the couch. Dara gets her iPad and opens it. She gives it to the man beside her for him to read.

 

“I have been entangled again to another dating rumor with Donghae,” Dara said. “I know it’s normal because every year I get them but this time it’s different. It’s an engagement rumor because of this beautiful ring from you.”

 

Dara held up her left hand to show it to the man. The man smiled while looking at her ring finger.

 

“It suits you.” He said. “But a wedding ring will suits you better.”

 

“I know. Will you buy me a wedding ring?” She chuckled.

 

“Of course. But I am afraid you have to wait for a month.” He said.

 

“I can’t wait.” She said while smiling.

 

“Anyway, what’s the problem with this dating rumor?” He said.

 

Dara takes the iPad from the man’s hand and scrolled it down to the comment section. She stopped when she saw the comment she’s looking for.

 

“Do you know this commenter?” Dara asked while showing the iPad screen to the man. “Who is the monkey?”

 

He chuckled and smiled at Dara with a gummy smile. “I know him. It’s your handsome fiancée.” Dara smiled and leaned at her fiancée to take a quick peck on the lips.

 

“Let’s announce our engagement.” He said with a serious face.

 

Dara was taken aback by the sudden words of her fiancée. “Are you sure?”

 

He nodded. “Yes. Let’s stop the dating rumors about you and Donghae. I know Donghae is also having a hard time with this rumor even if it’s not true. He’s also my best buddy you know?”

 

“But are you sure Love? What about your fans? Did you read the malicious comments? What if they will kick you out? And what if the group will have a hard time?” Dara asked with a worried face.

 

“I saw it. That’s why we need to clear the rumor because of the malicious comments about Donghae. I don’t care if the people will say malicious comments about me, as long as we are happy it’s enough.” He said. “And I am sure my group will understand. Our fans might be shocked at first, but eventually, they will understand. And I don’t see a problem with our agencies, they are very supportive of our relationship, right? So Just trust me okay?”

 

“Okay,” Dara said while hugging the man in front of her. She’s scared of what will happen if her secrets will be out. She treasures her fiancée the most and she doesn’t want him to be hurt. But as she trusts her fiancée so much, even if she’s scared she knows that they will pass the storm ahead.

 

“Now give me a kiss,” Her fiancée said.

 

Dara chuckled and she kisses her fiancée tenderly. The kiss that’s full of passion and hunger. Her fiancée lifts her and carries her while he walks towards the bedroom without breaking the kiss. And she heard the closing of the door.