final

for you

Notes : this writing is pure fiction, just reflecting my two cent thought after having a deep talk with my friend regarding love and relationship

also, this just made me bad if i don't pour my storm through writing, so please do comment about this writing and plot

kindly listen to 'Two People" by Sung Si Kyung, Kyuhyun version, or Suran version. Which one you ever listened and put the feeling into.

 


The piano's clang played beautifully. All stared at how the melody trapped them, mesmerising at the sound and the colour gave the moment to be in silence. Each beat of tones touched their hearts, how carried away by the magic of the melody, they were swept away in the beauty of every lyric that was sung by someone who sang the beautiful song. 

 

Some of them fidgeted their feet, following every beat of it. 

 

Some of them sang along with the humming. 

 

While one pair who were standing in front of them, entangling their hands, with full of admiration they paid attention. 

 

The beautiful bride would never know how lucky she was. Marrying the man who always became everyone's ideal man. She looked at the groom, smiling as she thanked the universe to send a man like him to be her husband; the head of their family. 

 

On the other side, the groom smiled back, ignoring the fact at how sorrowful it sounded for him; letting the singer give out a congratulatory song for him. He could not forget how he had hurt the singer bad back then, but now the condition she was the first one who congratulated him, offered the chance as if they were just a close friend. Much likely, everything had been fine, nothing was wrong. 

 

Even when the singer closed her eyes, feeling the song deeply and sang it effortlessly beautiful; Jongdae remembered. It was one of her wishes for the wedding. He still remembered how excited the singer told him if one day they married, she would sing that song for their future, as a hope for the upcoming future where they would have struggled against the world, they could lean on each other, become the light for each other. Although they could have hurt each other, they promised to not leave each other behind. 

 

But reality was not always as beautiful as their expectations and dreams. Jongdae and the singer chose a different path, drifting apart to chase their other dream, promising to not hurt each other anymore. But it wasn't like they stopped loving. They just loved each other in another way. 

 

"Even if the dream that we’re looking for in the future is not there

The moment we share now is more precious to me"

 

When the singer hit the high note, slowly controlling her voice at the hall, her eyes found its way to the groom. As they should, they said goodbye to their memories. As it should be, Jongdae smiled wistfully and prayed for her as the singer had prayed for his new life first. And as it ought to be done, they realized their future was different. Tomorrow, they shall be someone better. Tomorrow they would embrace their own life partner although right in their hearts, they put a little spot for each other. 

 

"Once in a while, this road seems so far, feeling sad and tears are dropping

Even if the harsh wind blows upon us"

 

As if in every word she chanted through the song, she was talking her heart out loud. And Jongdae admitted the beautiful one he held by his hand right now, the bride whom he put the ring on, would be the last love while the singer would be always his first love. The one who ever taught him, the hurt, the sacrifice and the love itself. 

 

"Seulgi sings it very well," the bride chimed. Jongdae could not help but agreed. It was something he could not deny. Her voice would be always his favorite. 

 

"I know…"

 

"I feel honoured to have her in our wedding," she said. Without being aware of what she had said, Jongdae bitterly let the feeling overwhelming him as the song came to end. He pecked his bride's cheek. Like he wanted to boast how he adored his bride in front of the guests, most likely to the singer. 

 

She smiled, bowing before coming closer to them. She did not get hurt—or she just let everything flow, it happened for a reason she did not want to know. At least she knew, another wish she prayed to Heaven was granted right in front of her eyes. 

 

"Congratulations for your wedding, senior Kim. You have a beautiful bride," the singer sent the gratitude sincerely. She did not fake it when her eyes told so. It was coming out of her heart. 

 

Jongdae just giggled, showed his best by smiling goofily and never let the longing control him. He tried his best until now to not look for the singer's eyes, to not show his weakness and trigger a fight with his bride. 

 

"Thank you for coming."

 

The singer smiled, then nodding. 

 

"Seulgi, don't forget to invite us to your wedding,okay?" The bride chirped, making the cherry blooming on Seulgi's cheek. If only the bride knew, Seulgi tried to move on, hitting on blind dates many times but the only thing she did was just turn the partner down for many simple reasons which were popular enough to know the tricks when you did not have any mutual feeling between them. Sadly, Jongdae knew. 

 

"Don't pressure her, sweetheart," the groom butted in, "she will find the one at the right time, just pray she will meet her destiny." 

 

The bride pouted. For Seulgi's eyes, she couldn't help. She admitted how charming the bride was, she was lucky enough to be loved by the man. Or, in the other way, the groom was lucky enough to find the precious jewel for his future. Seulgi found herself being a little bit jealous at them. only if….

 

If she was not selfish….

 

Seulgi casted away the thoughts. She did not want to ruin their happy day. Even though it was her worst day, at least she did her best. Seulgi accompanied them until the last second of the entire ceremony. Even to deliver them to their hotel, she did it. As if they were gifts for their wedding. 

 

There were no words that brought up their story. All that was buried in silence, no one told their story. Neither do their friends–their mutual circle. They just kept silent as they sent one of their friends to marry. 

 

And Seulgi was indebted for their decisions. Though Jongdae was their friend, he used to be Seulgi's favorite person on the earth and still he would be like that. She promised to not let Jongdae hurt anymore. And it's the least she could do. 

 

She looked up to the sky after sending them away. 

 

*Noona, are you alright?" 

 

She hummed. After that she hugged her brother tight, then leaning on his shoulder, she sighed. 

 

"Is it hard?" he asked. 

 

"It's hard but it will be fine instead, am I right?"

 

He hummed back. 

 

"Wonwoo….if everything is hard for me, can I lean on you?" 

 

As he reached out to hold her, patting her back gently, he answered, "you are always welcomed here, noona." 

 

She let out a sigh escaping again. 

 

"You have done well," he added. 

 

The older bobbed her head. "I wish him happiness."

 

"...um, me too–as I wish you to be happier than him."

 

Pulling a small smile over her face, she was glad to have a cousin that backed her up. Checking on her everytime it went hard for her, not taking him for granted but Seulgi knew the love and care he had for her was genuine as what brothers did for their sisters. 

 

"I'm happy, Wonwoo–just my time is slow enough to come."

 

Again, a little caress he did to Seulgi, "it shall pass, you have done so much for him." 

 

"...just a little…" she paused, "the most things I have ever done, only loving him that way much."

 

That day became one of the days that passed by Seulgi to not care about Jongdae's whereabouts from his life. It must be difficult, she knew, at least she had tried her best to love the man until she let him go. Only for that man. Only for you, the man she hoped was in her every prayer. 

 

After this day was over, maybe her prayers would be changed for Jongdae's happiness and his married life. Besides her prayer for her own happiness although Jongdae would never participate in her future. 

 

-the end-