The Great Tip Off

No Hesitation

A distant explosion.

Plains, a clear day, trees in the background. Several officers in blue uniforms are standing outside a huge tent. There's an elderly man in a suit among them.

The highest ranked officer is looking ahead with a pair of binoculars. He puts them away after a moment.

A phone rings. A younger officer picks it up.

"Go ahead," he says. "Yes. Thank you."

He walks up to the other officers.

The elderly man is holding a closed folder in his hands. He's standing next to the high rank officer.

"General," the younger officer says. "The report is that the final test firing at 800 meters distance has been successful."

The General smiles. "Thank you," he says. He turns to the elderly man. "Congratulations, engineer." He holds out his hand. "This is truly a great success."

The man shakes his hand. "Thank you, General," he says.

"Yes," the General says. He puts his hands behind his back. "The difficult part is now over, isn't it? Now all you need to do is adapt your project for industrial purposes, as soon as possible. Every day counts. The news of your success," he says. The engineer stands straight. "Will be communicated by me personally, directly to our Leader."

The General salutes the man and walks away. All the other officers follow him.

They pass Yoona on their way to their cars. Yoona is wearing her full uniform with gloves, holding a leather briefcase.

The elderly man waits for a moment. Then he walks up to Yoona.

Yoona says, "Back to the factory?"

"Mmm, yes," the man says.

Yoona walks behind him for a moment.

They watch the cars driving away. An airplane flies overhead.

"Aren't you happy?" Yoona says.

"If I had reasons to believe that my tank would get us even just one day closer to the end of this war..." the man doesn't finish.

"You wanted to say, engineer," Yoona says. They walk on towards the jeep. "If you had reasons to believe that your tank would get us even just one day closer to our victory."

"Victory?" The man stands by the car and looks at her. "Isn't the end of the war already a victory?"

Yoona smiles. "The end of the war can mean... only our victory."

The engineer smiles too. He says, "If I didn't like you so much I would've thought..."

"That I'm testing you?" Yoona says. "No." She opens the door of the jeep. "People like you are tested by their work."

"Really?" The engineer isn't getting on the car. He says, "And what if, say... What if I designed tractors instead of tanks. Or port cranes." He looks at Yoona.

"Wait a second," Yoona says. "Kim's standard port crane... That was you."

"Oh yes," the man says. "I almost forgot already. Yes. And you're interested in port cranes, Lieutenant?" He smiles.

"Just a hobby."

They both get on the car. The driver starts the engine.
 




The jeep is moving along a country road.

Yoona opens a cigarette case. The engineer takes one, saying, "Oh, thank you." Yoona takes one as well, she puts the case inside her pocket.

The engineer is trying to find a lighter. Yoona helps him with his folder, she puts it at the back of the jeep.

He gives Yoona the lighter. She lights both their cigarettes.

"Krystal," the engineer says. "Can I consider you my friend?"

Yoona looks at him. "I would like you to."

"Please tell me," he says, "tell me the truth. What went down in Tundberg?" Yoona looks away, she takes a drag off her cigarette. "This is really important to me. My wife and kids are there."

Yoona says, "Those foreign scoundrels might have managed to drop a few bombs, but that doesn't really mean anything." She smiles. "Our ground anti-aircraft defenses work splendidly."

"You don't want to tell me." The man looks ahead. "So it's all true."

Yoona gives him back the lighter. "I would like to do something for you engineer." She opens her briefcase.

The engineer sits up, he raises himself in his seat, trying to reach behind and put the lighter in his back pocket. Yoona grabs a folder from her briefcase and throws it in the back of the jeep while he isn't looking.

She pulls out a notebook from the briefcase and says, "Tell me the exact address. I will try to get through using a military phone line. I happen to have an old, uhhhh, an old acquaintance over there in Tundberg, in the local NSS." They look at each other and smile. "And it is my duty to make sure the mind of our great scientist is at peace."

"Thank you. Please write," the man says. "Tundberg... Hillside Street 12."
 




The jeep stops in front of a building next to the guarded factory gates.

"Thank you," the engineer smiles. Yoona gives him the folder, he says, "And you?"

"I'll come in half an hour. I need to go back home first."

"We'll play one right?" The man is smiling, he gets off the car.

"And you will beat me," Yoona laughs, "as always."

The man grins, he closes the door and turns around. He approaches the building.

Yoona stops laughing. "Go," she tells the driver.
 




Side street in town. Old, damaged brick buildings. Accordion music echoes in between.

A young freckled boy runs up to the man playing the accordion. The man is wearing dark glasses, he has a cane hooked around his elbow.

The boy looks up. Somebody throws a coin from a window. It hits the ground and starts rolling. The boy runs after it.

He bends down and picks it up, he grabs it right in front of a pair of heavy boots. The boy looks up, it's Yoona.

She smiles at him and walks over to the door of the nearest building.

The old man keeps playing the same lazy melody.
 




Interior, waiting room. The sound of the accordion coming from outside.

A few people sitting there on both sides, waiting, some of them pressing bandages to their jaws. The one nearest the door to the doctor's office is Micky Yoochun, dressed in a plaid jacket and wearing a crooked hat on his head. He's smoking a cigarette.

The door opens, Yoona enters the waiting room. Some people glance at her. She moves to the end of the room and stands by the door to the office. She takes off her cap and gloves.

The office door opens, a woman walks out. Kim Heechul in a white doctor's gown sticks his head out. He sees Yoona.

"Aaah," he says. "Please, officer. Please." They walk inside.
 




Yoona is sitting in the chair. Heechul is cleaning some dentist's accessories.

"Everything all right," Yoona says in a low voice. "Let them know that I'll take care of the factory stuff myself." Heechul nods. "In fact I got an order to keep an eye on the factory and the prototype from my boss anyway." Heechul keeps nodding. "And I managed to get a hold of the plans, directly from engineer Kim. I even took some photos. But there's a problem." Heechul looks at her. "I'm not sure there's enough time for any sort of sabotage."

"Yes..." Heechul runs his hand through his hair. "So what do you suggest?"

"It depends what means..."

"No, just say it. How are they supposed to know what to do."

"Okay," Yoona says. "Look, I don't know if it's possible. But if they could somehow get in touch with that, ummm, with those immigrants. And get help from overseas."

"You mean they need to bomb the place?"

"Yes. That would be best. Some time after the second test but before the disassembly of the tank."

Heechul nods his head again. "Okay," he says. "That sounds a bit scary too."

"Why," Yoona says.

"That factory is just a couple blocks from here," Heechul says. "I'd rather not get bombed myself."

"Oh, yeah," Yoona says. "Actually, the NSS building is not that far either."

"Well I hope it happens at night. So I won't be anywhere near either of those." Heechul smiles.

Yoona says, "I'll let you know exactly when as soon as I find out."

"Okay." Heechul looks at Yoona. "I'll tell them all that. Contact me."

"Right."

"And now scream."

Yoona looks at him.

"What," Heechul smiles. "You're at the dentist. You have the right to scream a little."

Yoona smiles. She opens and screams.

Heechul bends his head and frowns. "Wait a minute," he says.

"Oh no." Yoona gets up off the chair.

"But that upper left..."

"Out of the question," Yoona says.

"You need to visit me..."

Yoona says, "You're too scary." She walks outside.

Yoochun is right by the door. He tries to walk into the office but Heechul stands in his way, saying, "No no, I will ask. Just a minute please." He closes the door.

He goes to the balcony window and opens it.

He grabs a piece of paper and starts writing.

The accordion keeps playing the same melody outside. Heechul writes a few more words and then takes a coin out of his pocket. He wraps the paper around the coin.

He walks out to the balcony and looks down. He tosses the coin away.

Down in the street, the boy picks it up.

He goes up to the old man and takes his cane. The man stops playing, the melody cuts off mid note.

The boy places the cane in the man's hand. They walk away.
 




Town center, a lot of people in the noisy street.

The old man stops by a watchmaker's. "Wait here," he tells the boy.

Inside, Choi Sooyoung sitting at a table in a small room, reading a book. The man walks in through the curtain behind her.

Sooyoung jumps up when she sees him. "Okay, finally," she says. The man takes off his dark glasses and rubs his eyes. "You got it?" Sooyoung says.

"Yeah." The man throws out a bunch of coins and banknotes from his pocket onto the table. "Right here."

Sooyoung looks through the coins and notes. She finds the piece of paper, she unwraps it and starts reading. She reads for a moment. Then she looks at the man and says, "All right."
 




Interior, cozy living room.

Engineer Kim is smoking a cigarette. He puts the chess pieces back in their starting positions.

Somebody knocks on the door.

"Come in," Kim says.

Yoona walks inside and closes the door. She's holding a folder in her hands.

Kim smiles. "You really took a while Lieutenant."

Yoona bows and smiles too, "I'm terribly sorry, I had to go to HQ. On Thursday I should have some word from Tundberg," she says.

Kim turns around. "Thursday," he says. "Well, what can you do. That's too late. On Thursday I will already be far away from here."

"Oh," Yoona says. "But maybe I could try to do something earlier. When are you leaving anyway?"

"Well the transport is on Wednesday. They've just begun the disassembly process. Should be ready tomorrow night. And then, on Wednesday morning..."

"I'll try to do something," Yoona smiles. Then she says. "Engineer, where's the folder that you took from my jeep today?"

"The tank design?" Kim points with his head. "There, in the fireproof cabinet." He takes a drag off his cigarette.

"You didn't look inside?"

"No. But I don't understand?"

"You will in a minute. You see," Yoona says, "we've both made a grave mistake." Kim frowns. "Luckily we both trust each other. Your tank's design plans are here." She gives him the folder.

Kim takes it. He walks over to the cabinet, he looks inside the folder. He glances at Yoona and puts the folder on top of the cabinet. He opens it with a key.

Yoona is saying, "As soon as I noticed the mistake I..."

Kim takes the other folder from the cabinet. He opens it. "Operation Lightning," he reads.

"Yes." Yoona takes it from his hands. "The code name of one of our missions against the partisans." She closes it and puts in under her arm. She smiles. "I'd rather not think what would happen if this had fallen into..."

"Well don't forget," Kim says, "how much more the plans of my tank could be worth to our enemies." He laughs. "If they ever..."

"Oh, let's not fight over this," Yoona says in a mock voice. She smiles again. "But you will have to excuse me now, engineer," she says.

"What." Kim stops laughing. "We won't play one?"

"I'm really sorry." Yoona smiles. "I am needed." She bows her head and walks away. She walks out.

The engineer sighs. He puts the folder inside the cabinet.
 




Cottage on the outskirts of the forest, a young man outside is cleaning his rifle. A child riding a bicycle.

Tablo is looking out the window on the first floor. He closes it.

Inside, he walks to the center of the room. Kim Jonghyun is sitting at a table, headphones on. A radio station in front of him.

Tablo says, "Put it down. The factory recon..." Jonghyun starts writing. "Will be taken care of personally... by agent YNG7... The design process of the Kim prototype is known... However sabotage is impossible... It is a necessity... to bomb the object... I repeat, to bomb the object... after the testing phase is over... and before the completion... of the disassembly process of the prototype... The exact time will be given in a separate dispatch." Tablo walks over to the window again. "That's all."

Jonghyun opens a small handbook.
 




Interior, daylight coming in through the window. There are a few circles drawn on a wall map next to the window.

"These are the areas of operation," Jo Kwon says. He is wearing a black NSS uniform. "Of the forest based bandit groups." He points to the map and then looks over his shoulder.

There are a few officers sitting in leather armchairs around a table, looking at him.

Jo Kwon tells the officers, "And it is no secret that the level of their enterprise has been growing recently." He says, "In particular ever since the last series of tragic battles." He pauses. Then he looks at the map again. He starts pointing to the circles with a pen, saying, "The growing activities of known bandit groups have been observed in areas F5, H1, C3, while the traces of possible other bandits have been discovered in areas A1, A2, H4, where there have previously been," Jo Kwon turns around, "no major incidents at all." He says, "One thing is clear, ladies and gentlemen." He starts walking across the room.

There are five officers looking at him. Yoona and another man are in blue uniforms, the rest are NSS.

"Our leniency," Jo Kwon says, "will only benefit them. Small regional actions have not brought the desired results." He waves his pen in the air. "We are facing the need to concentrate our efforts." He walks to his desk saying, "The next weeks will be devoted to cleansing our backyard. Today's meeting," he grabs a cigarette, "is about discussing the best possible methods to fulfill the goals set by our superiors, the common goals of all the branches of armed forces active in our district." He lights his cigarette.

Yoona is listening. Somebody taps her shoulder. She turns around, it's Sunny, she's leaning over Yoona's armchair with an open cigarette pack.

Yoona shakes her head. "Thanks Lee," she says. They both look back at Jo Kwon.

Jo Kwon is facing the officers again. He takes a drag and says, "The reports of our agents confirm the suspicions of our radiolocation team, that in the area of our district there are two," Jo Kwon leans back on his desk, "or possibly even three, bandit radio stations. And one of them we have recently managed to locate," he says. "And, if we're not taking it out immediately that's only in order to let our agent work out the contacts between the bandit groups and the town." He takes another drag off his cigarette.

"If I understood correctly, Chief Commissioner," Yoona says, "You have at your disposal an agent inside a partisan squad?"

Jo Kwon looks at her for a moment. "Even we can get a few things right, from time to time," he says. "Not only ArmPol, Jung."

The NSS officers smile, Sunny starts laughing out loud, she almost spits out her cigarette.

Yoona looks around, smiling. She says, "Allow me to wait with my congratulations until the conclusion of the whole operation."

Jo Kwon isn't smiling. "No particularism," he says, "ladies and gentlemen." He puffs out some smoke.

He goes behind his desk and sits down in his chair.

He starts saying, "The elimination of forest gangs, and of the most dangerous ones in particular," Sunny leans over Yoona's armchair again. Jo Kwon keeps talking, saying, "Those having multiple tasks, including but not limited to diversion and criminal paramilitary activities..."

"Krystal," Sunny mutters. They are both watching Jo Kwon, Sunny moves closer and whispers, "How about a little poker, hmm?" She takes a drag off the cigarette.

Yoona blinks. She mumbles out the corner of , "You're coming to Kim Jungah's house tonight?" They're still both watching Jo Kwon.

Jo Kwon is now talking about moral obligations and the need to protect the population against organized crime.

"Mmm," Sunny mumbles. "The whole gang. And Jungah promised a lot to drink."

"That's a shame," Yoona whispers.

Sunny looks at her. "What, you can't come? Romancing?"

Yoona glances at her, saying, "Even worse." She mumbles, "The boss got me stuck in that factory for good this time." She turns her eyes to Jo Kwon again.

Jo Kwon is talking about justice and about making the criminals pay.

Sunny keeps looking at Yoona, frowning. "Ah yes, I think I heard something," she finally mutters. "They're trying out a new tank or something? Right?"

Yoona looks at her and smiles. "You," she says and tips her head up. "Don't try to extract military secrets from me."

They're looking at each other. Sunny starts smiling too. She finally says, "See Krystal." She laughs a little, saying, "It's funny, how it just becomes a habit so easily." They both start laughing.

"Lee!" Jo Kwon hits his pen on the desk a few times. "Can you stop disturbing me?"
 




The sign on the door reads:

"Park Shinsung
Dentist
10:00-12:00 and 14:00-18:00"

Two gun barrels are pointed at the sign.

Inside the waiting room, the door is kicked open, some people gasp and jump up. Two NSS soldiers stand on both sides of the door, holding it open, their guns in position. Everybody gets up. There's a line of people along both sides of the small waiting room.

Sunny walks in. She's holding a pistol in a gloved hand, her cap is tilted to one side and pulled a bit over her forehead.

Everybody watches her as she makes her way down the corridor, looking at the door of the office.

Inside the office, a patient sitting on the chair, there's some noise outside.

Heechul turns around. The door opens.

Sunny raises her pistol up and aims it at Heechul. She says, "Hands in the air."
 




Kim Jungah starts a record on the gramophone. She grabs the tray full of sandwiches and starts moving through the room. There's some couples dancing, a few officers are present too. Some people sitting at a table full of food and drinks.

Jungah moves in between all those people, offering sandwiches to the guests. Some of them take a couple, finally Jungah sets the tray down on another table. She moves down the hall to a separate room. She walks inside and closes the door behind her.

Jo Kwon is sitting on a couch, smoking a cigarette. She walks up and sits down next to him.

Jo Kwon is looking at her. Jungah says, "And?"

"Those are rich people." Jo Kwon starts playing with his hair. "I checked."

Jungah says, "How much?"

"You know the price of such favors," Jo Kwon says. "Ten thousand. I like round numbers." He takes a drag off the cigarette.

Jungah shakes her head a little. She looks to the side. "The baron wants to pay but... That much he really can't afford." Jungah spreads her arms. "You should know as well as I do," she says. Jo Kwon is watching her. "None of these people are my relatives. But I know this girl, she's innocent. And to you she is really completely harmless. There's no reason to keep her locked up, and..."

Heavy knocking on the door.

"My guests are getting impatient," Jungah says. "Excuse me." She gets up.

She opens the door. Sunny looks inside, she notices Jo Kwon.

Jungah starts saying, "Ahh, good evening," but Sunny isn't looking at her. She walks inside, staring at Jo Kwon. Jungah says, "And where's your friend Lieutenant Jung?"

Sunny glances at her. She puts her hand in the air, saying, "One moment please..."

Jungah bows her head, she goes outside. Sunny closes the door.

"I had to pull out the dentist," she announces.

Jo Kwon stands up. Sunny walks over, she stands right in front of him.

"What, and you're proud of yourself? Without my orders?" Jo Kwon says. "After three hours of observation you shut the place down? Who taught you that?" Sunny is not saying anything. She looks down and pouts. "Wait," Jo Kwon smirks. "Maybe you're getting tired of this peaceful town." Sunny looks at him. "Perhaps you'd prefer the trenches. And the freezing north." Jo Kwon raises the cigarette to his mouth.

Sunny says, "No no, please listen, there was really no other option. Errr, my men spotted this one blind musician in the street outside the building and, uhhh, moments later there was a coin, a coin that looked like it was wrapped in some paper, it came flying out of a window," Sunny gestures with her gloved hand, saying, "From that exact window." She says, "So my men went after that musician to see where he's going, uhhhh, because they were rightfully suspecting that there might be something written there on that paper." Jo Kwon is looking to the side, listening. Sunny says, "But the boy, the little kid that was with this musician, well he must've noticed that they're being followed because he, uhhh, he took that slip of paper from the man's pocket, he stood in an archway and lit a match."

Jo Kwon is looking at Sunny. "And what does that have to do with taking out the dentist," he barks.

Sunny tries to smile, saying, "Well that little kid got away. And what remains of that paper, uhhh, there's only one sentence left, well," she starts gesturing with her hand again, looking to the side, "more like fragments of a sentence. Yoong reports, that transport 1-23 from the armored div..." Sunny trails off. "And that's all." She looks at Jo Kwon, raising her eyebrows and clenching .

Jo Kwon says, "And that musician?"

"Ah, well. When my men opened fire, when that kid tried to escape uhhhh, well he shouted something to that musician, and when my men ran up to him he already..." Sunny lowers her voice, she looks at Jo Kwon. "He was already... dead. Cyanide."

Jo Kwon shakes his head. "Great work," he says. "Those morons of yours. Letting a brat and a blind man slip away! Because that blind man slipped away, do you understand Lee?" Jo Kwon says through clenched teeth, "He just ordinarily, cheekily, escaped."
 




Interior, old wooden furniture.

The freckled boy sitting at the table, tears in his eyes.

"I'll go fight them," he's saying.

"All right, all right." An older woman walks over and sits next to him. She puts a bowl of soup in front of him. "Now eat."

The clock on the wall is chiming.

Sooyoung enters the room.

The woman looks at her and gets up. "And?" she says.

"Too late," Sooyoung says. She walks to the center of the room.

"So Heechul..."

"Yes." Sooyoung grabs her head and sighs. "We're packing," she says, "We need to get out of here." She roughs up her hair and moves to the window. "This whole operation is probably over."

The older woman is looking at her. She wants to say something.

Sooyoung says, "Heechul was the only one who knew Yoong in this whole area."
 




Interior, leather couches, paintings on the wall.

Yoona is standing by the wall, dressed in black pants and a gray jacket. There's a gray tweed beret on her head.

An ArmPol officer is looking at her. He says, "Jung, you look like a real partisan."

Yoona laughs. She takes off her beret and says, "If Jo Kwon's informers are good, I shouldn't have any trouble." The officer walks up closer to her and checks out her clothes. "The language that I use shouldn't be a problem either. I'll tell them some story, say... about having some mafia relatives from the north, whatever."

"Yes, but I'm telling you, they won't accept just anybody who comes," the officer says.

"That's why I'm taking a gun. That should convince..."

"Jung," the officer interrupts. "You are going of your own free will. It was your own idea. And." He looks Yoona in the eye. "I thought there's no need to tell anybody else about it. So at least you don't need to worry about that rumored agent of theirs letting them know."

Yoona smiles. "Yes sir," she says.

"And of course, if you do succeed your promotion is guaranteed." Yoona stops smiling, she moves a bit and looks down. "Eh eh eh, Krystal," the officer says. "I know that you're not doing this to get a promotion, I understand," he says. They look at each other. "I didn't want to offend you Krystal."

Yoona says, "I will try to come back soon. I hope I might be of use again." She smiles.

"Yes," the officer says. "And you might be of use somewhere other than here too." He smiles. "I haven't told you yet, but they're transferring me to the capital very soon. And if everything goes according to plan I'd like to have you there with me in a month or two. As soon as that's possible anyway."

"I'd be honored," Yoona says.
 




A guard opens the door. He grabs Heechul and pushes him inside Jo Kwon's office.

Heechul's face is bruised, there's blood on his ripped shirt.

"Lee," Jo Kwon calls out.

Sunny comes from a different room. She stands in front of Jo Kwon and smiles.

Jo Kwon points at Heechul with his head, saying, "What did you do to him."

Sunny looks at Heechul and back at Jo Kwon. She stops smiling.

"Are you really such a dumb brute? Who only knows how to beat people up?"

Sunny frowns. "But, uhh..."

"Out."

Sunny clears . She walks out, eyeing Heechul as she passes him.

The doors close.

"Please," Jo Kwon says. "Sit down."

Heechul looks around.

"Please, please," Jo Kwon pats his back. "Here."

Heechul sits down. He's breathing fast.

"I'm sorry," Jo Kwon says.

Heechul winces. "What?"

Jo Kwon spreads his arms in the air. "I'm sorry, doctor. Well..." He moves to the side of the armchair and leans over. "We can't always pick our coworkers ourselves. Would you like to smoke? Please." He opens a pack of cigarettes.

They both take one. Heechul is looking at the cigarette in his hand. Jo Kwon starts playing with the lighter.

He says, "I would like to talk to you but... Maybe you're not feeling too well right now?" Heechul puts the cigarette in his mouth. Jo Kwon lights it. "Maybe you would like to postpone this talk until tomorrow?" He closes the lighter. "I really don't approve of beating people. And I wouldn't want you to get in the hands of my coworker again because... I am a believer in reasonable discussions." He moves in front of Heechul and sits on the table. "Between reasonable people. Are you reasonable doctor?"

"Yes," Heechul mutters.

"I'm glad," Jo Kwon says. "Your name?"

"Park," Heechul says. "Park Shinsung."

"Mmm." Jo Kwon gets up. "So you're not reasonable." He starts walking towards the window. "But I'm not losing hope. I'm still not losing hope." He stops and picks up some papers from the desk. "You're underestimating us mister Park, oh no." He looks at Heechul. "Pardon. Mister... Kim."

Heechul exhales some smoke, he takes another drag off the cigarette.

Jo Kwon looks at the papers and reads, "Kim Heechul, 32 years old, born in the capital. Sentenced to four years for militant activity against the government." He looks at Heechul. "You just got out a few months ago." He puts the papers away. "Is that correct?"

Heechul says, "My name is Park Shinsung."

"We both know that there is no Park Shinsung. And your ID is falsified. Why be so stubborn?" Jo Kwon walks up to Heechul saying, "And personally, I have a lot of respect for defeated enemies." He stops by Heechul's armchair again. "Let's be honest, the things found in your office..."

Heechul says, "I don't know anything. I only rented this place for a few hours a day."

"Let's not be kids, mister Kim." Jo Kwon leans on his armchair. "If you tell us the names of your informers, of your contacts and associates, we will give you a chance. Even though you fought against us." Jo Kwon moves back a step. He raises his voice, "Where's the radio station?"

Heechul shakes his head. "I don't know."

"Who gave out the information about the movements of our forces?"

Heechul shakes his head again. "I don't know."

"Who is Yoong?"
 




A single rail track leading through a clearing in the forest.

The train approaches a turn, blowing steam high up in the air.

Yoona sticks her head out through the door, she grabs her beret, it almost falls off her head.

She looks around. Then she jumps out. She lands on her feet and runs into the forest.

The train rides away.
 




Inside the cottage. A small map spread out on a table upstairs. An ashtray and a tiny oil lamp next to it.

Tablo is standing next to the table. "In this situation," he says. He taps the map with his hand. Some ash falls off his cigarette. "We have to put our spotters even further out, along this line."

Sooyoung is sitting next to Tablo, looking at the map. Jonghyun and a few more men are in the room too, listening.

Tablo says, "And all enemy movements, even the tiniest of groups, even a single soldier, report immediately."

Sooyoung nods her head.

Tablo walks around the room, he looks at some of the men. He says, "Everybody on alert. Prepare everything. We need to be able to change our location at any time. Now." He looks at Sooyoung. "I am heading over up north, to get in touch with the others. I suspect some of those guys up there can't even afford to risk using radio anymore." Tablo stubs out the cigarette. "Until my return, Sooyoung will be the commander." Sooyoung gets up. Tablo puts his hand on her shoulder.
 




Cottage hallway, Yoochun standing next to Kang Jiyoung, one of the partisans.

He's muttering, "Come on, let me go." Jiyoung isn't looking at him. "What am I, some policeman or something? That you should keep me here by force..."

There's some noise, Tablo is coming downstairs.

"Commander," Yoochun says. He takes his cap off. "People are waiting for meat in town, all my goods will get spoiled, wouldn't you please just let me go and..."

Tablo stops. "Get the hell out of here," he says.

"Thank you, God bless you..." Yoochun puts on his cap, he moves towards the door.

Tablo grabs him. He throws him back inside. "The hell out of the hallway," he says. "Back to the room, and don't you dare move from this cottage! Like I told you."

Yoochun keeps saying something but Tablo isn't listening. He turns to the door.

An elderly man appears in the door.

"What's the news?" Tablo asks him and smiles.

"I got the milk here." The man lowers his voice. "Are you moving out?"

"Maybe," Tablo says.

"And me?" the man says. "You think the pigs won't find out? That you were here? Any scumbag will rat on me for five bucks."

"Do you want to go with us?" Tablo says. He smiles.

"Well..." The man looks around the place. "Maybe. But I'm old. I've lived here for forty years, here in this cottage." He notices Yoochun in the other room. "And this Micky," he whispers. "Won't you let him go?"

Tablo laughs. "I wouldn't let you go right now either," he says. "Nobody means nobody."

The man smiles. "All right."

Tablo looks over at Yoochun. Then he asks the man, "What, is he your relative or something?"

"Relative," the man shrugs. "Nah, just my brother in law. He deals in meat now."

"Mmm, okay," Tablo says. "I have to go. If you make up your mind and want to go with us..." Tablo walks out.

"Okay," the man calls out after him. "I've made up my mind."
 




Forest at night. Yoona is moving in between the trees and bushes.

"Stop," somebody shouts.

A torchlight flashes in Yoona's face. "Who's there?" a man shouts. There's some more people around.

"Your friend," Yoona says.

"Password."

Yoona says, "Triangle."
 




Upstairs.

"Yes?" Sooyoung says. She's putting on her jacket. The oil lamp is flickering on the table. "Go ahead," she says. "What have you got to say?"

Yoona points with her eyes towards the two armed men behind her.

Sooyoung tells them, "Leave us alone."

They go outside and close the door.

"And who's that?" Yoona points her head. There's somebody sleeping under a blanket.

"Ah, you can talk freely. It's just a small boy, he had a rough day today, he almost got it," Sooyoung says. "And he's fast asleep anyway."

Yoona moves towards the middle of the room. She says, "I want to speak with Tablo."

Sooyoung watches her from behind. She pouts and then says, "I am in command right now. Tablo isn't here." Yoona is looking around. Sooyoung watches her. Yoona looks this way and that. "How did you know the password?" Sooyoung finally says.

Yoona glances at her. She says, "The capricorn sent me."

Sooyoung opens wide. Then she says, "Ah, uhh, okay." She comes up to Yoona and says, "About that you can talk only with Tablo... He should be here soon."

"I need to talk to him before midnight."

Sooyoung nods her head. "I understand. Hold on," she says. She walks to the door and opens it. She tells the two guys, "It's okay, back to work. And get Jonghyun here."

"I'm here," Jonghyun calls out, he's running upstairs. He walks inside and stops next to Sooyoung. "What's the..." He notices Yoona. Yoona is looking around the room again.

"We have a guest," Sooyoung says. "She's waiting for Tablo. She wants to see him before midnight." Sooyoung glances at Yoona. Then she turns to Jonghyun again. "Get it?"

"Yeah... Yes and, uhh..." Jonghyun says. He's still staring at Yoona. "What if Tablo doesn't make it back before midnight?"

Yoona looks behind a curtain, there's a big suitcase lying on a bunk there. She turns around and says, "If I were you, I'd be hiding it a bit better than that." She closes the curtain. "Jo Kwon has got his men in the forest."

Jonghyun says, "We'll be out of here soon anyway."

Sooyoung tells Yoona, "Sit down please, I have to go downstairs for a moment."

Yoona and Jonghyun both watch her leave. They look at each other. Yoona takes off her beret.

Jonghyun holds out his hand. "I'm Jonghyun."

"Uhh," Yoona shakes his hand. "I'm Yoong."

They smile and then look away.

Yoona looks at the boy sleeping on the bed. "Not feeling well?" she asks.

"Hmm?" Jonghyun turns around. "Ah, him." He smiles. "No he's just tired. He almost got caught today."

The boy wakes up, he opens his eyes. He sees Yoona.

Jonghyun says, "So Jo Kwon's got people in the forest... And what did you mean by that?"

They look at each other. Yoona says, "Exactly what I said."

The boy is watching Yoona. He blinks a couple times.

Jonghyun says, "I don't believe it, I don't believe that here, in our squad..."

"I never said it's your squad," Yoona says. "I never said it's any squad at all."

The boy jumps off his bed. He runs to the door.

"And where are you going," Jonghyun says.

"I'll... I'll be right back," the boy says.
 




Jo Kwon's office.

Sunny is holding an open cigar case. Jo Kwon puts his hand inside, he feels the cigars with his fingers. Sunny is looking at him.

Jo Kwon takes one and holds it in the air. "If I was indiscreet, I might ask," he says. Sunny is watching him from behind. "How is it that you can afford five star cigars?"

"Ahh," Sunny says and smirks. "And if I was indiscreet?" She gives Jo Kwon a look behind his back. Then she takes one cigar too, she cuts it in the table top cutter.

"Fortunately," Jo Kwon says. "We are both discreet." He cuts his cigar too. "But in the case of that dentist Kim, that won't even help us much. We have to try and get something out of him before we send him to the capital."

"Well, it's a tough make, that dentist," Sunny says. Jo Kwon puts the cigar in his mouth, Sunny lights it. She says, "Even the Chief Inspector should understand that."

Jo Kwon blows out a lot of smoke. "In your place," he says. He sighs a bit. "I wouldn't count on the understanding of the Chief Inspector. Or maybe, well..." He turns away. Sunny is lighting her cigar, puffing some smoke out. "At least he did congratulate us about Wolf."

Sunny starts laughing. Jo Kwon looks at her. Sunny is laughing, saying, "No, I just can't, this... Every time I remember how you called that man... Wolf! That's some joke." She laughs some more and puts the cigar in .

Jo Kwon smiles a little. He says, "Yeah, too bad that joke won't help us much either." He moves to his desk. "And no matter how you look at it," he says and sits down, "Wolf did his job really well. And we messed it all up." He looks at Sunny. "If we had taken a good look at this dentist's office, we might have caught something bigger." Sunny is making a troubled face. "But moving in after just a few hours of observation, that is not a good job at all Lee... And I shouldn't need to be telling you that."

Sunny puts the cigar down. She says, "What, nobody else got busted?"

Jo Kwon leans over. He sighs and says, "That Wolf. He needs to sniff around just a little bit longer."
 




"I took a really good look," the boy says.

Sooyoung whispers, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm absolutely certain."

Jiyoung reloads her gun. "It's obvious," she says.

"Hey," Sooyoung says. "Don't you dare shoot. Unless..."

There's some noise. Somebody's coming down the stairs.

Jiyoung moves over there, still holding her gun.

Jonghyun comes down the stairs, saying, "We'll go and meet Tablo on his way." Yoona is coming behind him.

Sooyoung says, "Wait a moment, hold it." The boy is hiding behind her back. "I wanted to speak to our, uhh, guest."

The boy peeks out at Yoona. He says, "It's her, it's that officer."

"Documents," Sooyoung says.

Jonghyun says, "You gone crazy Sooyoung? What's going on?"

Yoona says, "I'm waiting for Tablo. That should be enough for you."

Sooyoung is watching Yoona. She's frowning. She says, "Search her."

Jiyoung searches Yoona. She stops and smiles. She pulls out a pistol from under Yoona's jacket.

"I'm waiting for Tablo," Yoona shouts. "And I'd advise you to wait as well."

"Yeah, we can wait, sure," Sooyoung says. She turns to Jiyoung. "Check her other pockets."

Jiyoung puts the pistol on the table. She starts searching through Yoona's jacket again. She finds something, it's a piece of paper. She walks up and gives it to Sooyoung.

Sooyoung looks at it. She glances at Yoona. Then she starts reading out loud, "We request all police, military and civilian forces to provide 1st Lieutenant..." Sooyoung looks at Yoona. She raises her eyebrows at her. She continues reading. "Krystal Jung any and all means of help that she should require during her special mission. Signed, Major Kim." She looks at Yoona again.

"You." Jiyoung pushes Yoona a bit. Yoona looks at her. "We will put this piece of paper in your funeral wreath."

Sooyoung comes up to Yoona. "What do you have to say?"

"Nothing more than what I already said. I need to see Tablo."

Sooyoung is looking at the piece of paper again. "What is this special mission."

Yoona isn't saying anything.

"It's a simple mission," Jiyoung says. "We need to dig a hole."

"Take her to the basement," Sooyoung says. "And keep a good look on her, but!" She raises her finger at Jiyoung. "Don't you try, not without an order! Not without my order!"

Yoona sighs.

Jiyoung says, "Okay, okay. Whatever you want. But if I were you..." She pushes Yoona towards a door.

Sooyoung looks at the piece of paper once again.

Jonghyun comes up to her. He says, "Remember she wanted to see him before midnight. That can't be a coincidence, right?"

"Something..." Sooyoung shakes her head. "Something's not right here. I mean they can't be all idiots in ArmPol, come on."

The old forester walks in. He turns to Sooyoung, saying, "Commander, you let him go?"

"Who," Sooyoung says.

"That Micky, that damn brother-in-law of mine."

"Ahh, that smuggler," Sooyoung says. "No, why."

"He's gone."

"What?" Sooyoung turns to one of her men. "Get the boys and get moving. You need to find him." She raises her hand in the air at him. "And we will talk about that smuggler later, don't you worry! Now get out of here." The man runs out.

Jonghyun says, "Maybe we should send for Tablo after all?"

"I'll go myself," Sooyoung says. Jiyoung opens the basement door. Sooyoung looks at her. She shouts, "God damn it what are you doing here? Go back down there and don't take your eyes off her!"
 




Basement. Oil lamp on the wall.

Yoona is trying to rip the cord tying her wrists together behind her back.

There's some noise from above. Yoona sits down in the chair.

Jiyoung comes down the stairs.

She looks at Yoona. "So what, you think you can make it?" she says. She sits down in a chair by the opposite wall. "Don't count on it. I'll get you with this little baby here." She taps the barrel of her submachine gun. "And you know where I got it from?" She smiles. "Some soldier, just like you, drunk shooting children like ducks." Jiyoung lowers her voice. "I got him with a knife."

Yoona sighs. "You could give me a cigarette at least," she whines.

"I don't have any." Jiyoung spreads her arms. "I'd smoke one myself."

"I have some." Yoona stands up. Jiyoung aims her gun. "What. Relax. I got some here, in my pocket," Yoona says. She pushes her hip out. "Here, take them out."

Jiyoung steps closer. She reaches in Yoona's pocket with her hand. Yoona kicks, she lands her knee right on Jiyoung's jaw.
 




Upstairs, Yoona stands in the door with the gun in her hands.

Jonghyun is standing next to the radio station set up on the table. He sees Yoona, he opens his eyes wide.

Yoona looks around.

"Shoot," Jonghyun yells, "Why aren't you shooting!"

"Calm down," Yoona says. She puts the gun down and closes the door. She comes up to Jonghyun. "Your broadcast time is in three minutes." Yoona gives him the notebook from the table. "Write down what I say, encode and broadcast it."

Jonghyun isn't moving.

"Write, quick. I'm starting."

Jonghyun frowns. He grabs the notebook and pencil.

Yoona says, "YNG7..."

Jonghyun turns his head. They look at each other.

"I have to trust you God damn it," Yoona shouts. She says, "I have no choice." Jonghyun looks down at the table. "Now write. YNG7 requests..." Jonghyun starts writing. "That the object specified in the previous dispatch... be eliminated before... Wednesday morning... absolutely necessary... The portfolio... regarding K... is on its way."
 




Forest.

Tablo, Sooyoung and others are running in between the trees.

"Faster," Tablo is saying, "Move it. If anything happens to him..."

"To her," Sooyoung says. "It's a woman."

They keep running.
 




Yoona is looking out the window.

"All right," Jonghyun says, "aunt Sue got that."

Yoona smiles. She walks up to Jonghyun. "Now, please tell Tablo that I need to meet him tomorrow... well, today. In spot number three. Tell him it's about Heechul."

Jonghyun looks at her. "So is there any chance?"

Yoona smiles. "It's better to not know."

"I'm sorry," Jonghyun looks away. "Okay, I'll tell Tablo."

"Oh, and give this back to that girl. And tell her that, uhhhh, that the officer has escaped, or something. And left the weapon behind."

There's some noise, somebody's coming upstairs.

Yoona looks down there.

Tablo appears in the door, his men behind him.

He looks Yoona over. "I'm Tablo," he says. He puts his hands on his hips. "You wanted to talk to me."
 




A sunny day, country road running through a village. Yoona and Tablo, wearing similar berets, riding an open horse cart.

"So like I said," Yoona says, "Three or four naughty boys."

"Sure thing," Tablo says.

A car passes them. Yoona says, "It might be tonight. I'll call you anyway. But remember, give me a new contact soon. I can't go looking for you in forests again."

They both smile. Tablo says, "Okay, I'll try to do something."

"Oh, and that girl who tried to do me in and that boy..."

"No problem," Tablo says. "We'll transfer them somewhere else." He looks ahead. They keep riding in silence for a moment.

"You look like you're worried?" Yoona says.

"Not really," Tablo says. "You see, the only problem right now is we're a little bit shorthanded."

"Oh tell me about it. I know what you mean, it's the same crap in ArmPol, everywhere." They look at each other and laugh a bit.

"Yeah," Tablo says. "And you know what's the most annoying thing? When my people get caught by accident. Like for instance that one guy, his name was Yunhwan. He used to run errands for us, deliver a message, guard some stuff, do shopping, that sort of thing. And guess what." They look at each other again. "He went to the dentist."

"You're kidding."

"No, he got arrested in that waiting room. And that's the last I heard of him."

Yoona looks around. "But then aren't you afraid that..."

"Nah, he didn't know much about anything. And what he did know those guys in NSS have probably already worked out by now."

"Okay," Yoona says.

"So like I said, the only problem is there's nobody to send to buy groceries now," Tablo says and smiles. "But don't worry," he says. "We'll work something out, I'll get you a contact of course. But for now it's the watchmaker. Well for tonight anyway."

"Okay but are you sure that..."

Tablo puts an arm on Yoona's shoulder. "Trust me," he says.
 




Jo Kwon is on the phone in his office. "Yes, yes," he says. "Well, yes... I understand." He hangs up.

He walks over to the window, the curtains are shut. He turns off the light switch.

He opens the curtains.

The blaze of the fire is reflecting on his face. He stares outside.

There's a knock on the door.

"Come in," he says.

Yoona walks in, she comes up and stands next to Jo Kwon.

"I just got the detailed report," Jo Kwon says. "There's not much left. That engineer is dead."

Yoona looks at him. Then she looks away somewhere. "That's a shame," she says. "That poor man was..."

"Ahh, damn it," Jo Kwon snaps. They look at each other. "It's all because there's mafia agents! God knows for how long they've been working right under the nose of the ArmPol!"

"And under the nose of the NSS," Yoona says.

Jo Kwon sighs.

Yoona says, "And what happened with the network at that dentist office anyway?"

"They had to warn them. Nobody got caught."

"Maybe you took him out too..."

"What," Jo Kwon interrupts Yoona. "You think I should have waited until he runs off?" He looks outside the window again. "We will make him talk. And if we can't do it they'll work him in the capital. He's going tonight, same transport with that Major of yours."

Yoona looks away but Jo Kwon turns to her again. Yoona smiles at him. "And how did you find the trace? Luck?"

"There's no such thing as luck, Jung," Jo Kwon says. "It's just that our people work better than the ArmPol." Yoona smiles again. Jo Kwon says, "My agent Wolf has been sniffing out clues for months."

Yoona laughs a little. She says, "Well, if that Wolf only knows about the dentist..."

"Wolf is still on the job," Jo Kwon snaps. "And we're working nonstop too, Jung, don't you worry." Yoona nods her head. They look at each other. "You see, we have to establish," Jo Kwon says, "who is this Yoong."

Somebody knocks on the door. They both turn around.

Jo Kwon turns the lights on and closes the curtains. He says, "Come in."

The doors open. Sunny pushes Heechul inside.

Heechul's face is a mess. He stands in the middle of the room, Sunny stops right behind him.

Yoona and Jo Kwon are looking at them.

Jo Kwon says, "Did he say anything?"

Sunny smirks. "Fanatic."

Jo Kwon steps forward. He walks up to Heechul.

He says, "You're being so stubborn for nothing, doctor Kim." Heechul looks up at him. Jo Kwon says, "Your Yoong has turned you in."

Heechul glances at Yoona for a second. Then he looks back at Jo Kwon. "No," he finally mumbles.

"You don't believe me," Jo Kwon says. He turns to look at Yoona, they smirk at each other. He turns back to Heechul. "Should I show you Yoong?" he says. "But it will be too late then. You will lose any chance you had."

Heechul is watching Jo Kwon with his half open eyes. He's not saying anything.

Jo Kwon raises his voice. "What?" he barks. "Should I show him to you?"

Heechul blinks. He starts coughing. Sunny frowns and looks at him.

Jo Kwon is saying, "Should I bring him here? Huh?"

Heechul coughs again, he's looking at Jo Kwon. "Yeah," he says. He shakes a little, and his coughing turns out to be just a heavy laughter. Sunny watches him from behind with a frown on her face. Heechul is laughing. He says, "Oh yeah, go get him. Bring him here you..."

"Get him out of here!" Jo Kwon yells.

Sunny grabs Heechul and throws him towards the door. She points her gloved finger at Yoona, saying, "Krystal, don't forget." Yoona looks at her. "Kim Jungah's place later tonight."

Yoona smiles. "Sure," she says.

Sunny grins. She pushes Heechul out the door.

Jo Kwon turns to Yoona. "There were even, supposedly, some officers visiting this dentist," he says. "It wouldn't hurt much if you checked which officers, Lieutenant Jung."

Yoona says, "Well can't your agent Wolf give us their descriptions?"
 




Jungah's house. A lot of small paintings on the walls.

Yoona is sitting at the table, a lot of crockery is laid out on it. She watches Jungah pouring two drinks.

Jungah says, "I invited you a bit earlier, Lieutenant, because I wanted to discuss this one matter, and..."

"Yes, if there's anything I can help with," Yoona says.

Jungah puts the bottle down and smiles. "Since it's a very delicate matter, I can assure you that it will stay a secret, known just to the two of us." She keeps smiling. She grabs her glass, saying, "Please." Yoona grabs hers. "Have you heard about the arrest of dentist Park," Jungah says.

"Yes, I have. And?" They both drink a little.

"You see, among the people arrested in the waiting room of this dentist that particular day there was also one of my relatives, his name is Shin Yunhwan. A modest young man, not involved in any of that politics, not involved at all. He..."

"You should know," Yoona says, "that this whole affair is run by the NSS. Please talk about it to Jo Kwon or to Lee."

"Well, ummm..." Jungah keeps smiling, she gestures with her hands, "They are your friends after all. They would rather listen to you, wouldn't they."

Yoona smiles. "You know them longer than I do," she says.

"You see," Jungah grabs a coffee cup and places it in front of Yoona. "In order to save her husband my cousin would sacrifice all her wealth."

"A bribery attempt?" Yoona shakes her head. "I didn't expect that from you," she says. "In that case I have no other option than to leave, and inform Jo Kwon about our conversation."

"But, Lieutenant," Jungah tries to smile again. "Who said anything about bribery," she says. "You see, I wanted to talk to you about it because those NSS people..."

"Even better," Yoona interrupts her. "So now you are saying that the National Security Service is corrupt."

"Oh, God forbid, Lieutenant," Jungah starts gasping, "I have said no such thing, I just... I really don't know how to express myself, I... I just wanted to help my cousin and..."

Yoona gets up from her chair.

Jungah raises as well. She's stuttering, "Lieutenant, p-please don't go, didn't you say you were meeting Lee here? Please, you must..."

"All right," Yoona says. "All right, but only if you promise me..."

The doorbell rings.

Yoona doesn't finish. Jungah stares at her for two more seconds and finally says, "Excuse me." She runs out of the room.

Yoona closes the door. She grabs the phone from the cupboard and dials a number.

She says, "Good evening. Lieutenant Jung here... Yes, I wanted to know what's with my alarm clock." She looks around the room. "Yes, I left it at your shop yesterday... Uhh, yes. It was the one that was stuck showing 9:45... Yes, 9:45... All right, thank you very much." Yoona puts the phone down.

She walks out of the room.

Jungah is leading Yoochun into the living room.

"Oh, Lieutenant," she says. "This is my acquaintance, also a trader, mister Micky." Yoona isn't paying attention, she's buckling the pistol belt around her waist. "And this is Lieutenant Jung," Jungah tells Yoochun. She keeps smiling, she turns to Yoona again. She says, "Mister Micky has some business with Lee," Yoona looks up, "so I suggested he should wait here."

Yoona smiles at Yoochun. "Well I'm not sure," she says, "but now I think I might have heard your name before somewhere, mister Micky."

"That's funny," Yoochun says. "Because your face, Lieutenant, seems strangely familiar to me as well." He laughs. "Well it's a small town isn't it."

"Oh in that case," Jungah says, "before you work out your connections, I will bring some fresh coffee."

"Oh, uhh, no need," Yoochun starts saying, "I'm afraid I will have to go. I'm terribly sorry."

"What?" Jungah says. "But weren't you supposed to wait here for..."

"No, I have this one business that I forgot, umm, please excuse me." He walks to the door. He turns around to look at Yoona. "And I think we will see each other soon, Lieutenant." He walks out.

Jungah starts saying, "Well, I am really sorry about..."

Yoona is staring at the door. "I will have to go too," she says. "Please tell Lee that..."

Yoona and Jungah both turn around, there's some voices outside.

"No, Lee, listen. Lee," Yoochun is saying.

"Don't be a fooooooool," Sunny is yelling. "Quiet! I'm telling you don't be a fool. Come in."

"No, listen..."

The door opens.

"Come." Sunny walks inside, she is pulling Yoochun in with her. She stumbles on the doorstep but keeps her balance, she holds onto Yoochun's jacket. "Come, come," she's slurring. "Jo Kwon is busy tonight, and he will not meet you aaaaaaanyway." She sees Jungah walking by. "Woooohooooooo," she laughs and waves her hand at her.

Yoona smiles a little.

"But I..." Yoochun starts saying.

"Oh no no," Sunny tells him. "Noooo. Be quiet. You will go tell him your big news, yes, but first," Sunny starts slapping Yoochun's face with her gloved hand, "you have to sit down and have a driiiiiink with us." She laughs in Yoochun's face.

"Exactly," Yoona says. "The big news can wait, mister Micky."

"No, noooo Krystal," Sunny explodes with laughter. "Hahahahahahahaha, no don't make me laugh, please!" She laughs some more. Yoochun is staring at her. Sunny shouts, "Jo Kwon really has a sense of humor," she slaps Yoochun in the nose with her hand again. "Calling him Micky Wolf!" She laughs and pushes Yoochun towards the table.

"Micky Wolf?" Yoona says and looks at Yoochun.

"Yeeeaah," Sunny laughs. She tries to point with her hand at him, she wobbles around a bit again, she grabs onto Yoona's sleeve. "Don't you know? This is Wolf." She closes her eyes and shakes her head a little. "Wolf..." She opens one eye, then the other. She looks at Yoona and frowns. "What's the matter with you, why are you so sulky Krystal?" Then she turns towards the table. She starts walking sideways, leaning with her hand against the cabinet.

Yoona is watching Sunny. Then she looks at Yoochun.

Sunny is saying, "I really need to have a drink. Before tomorrow. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to have a meeting with the Chief Inspector." She crashes down at the table.
 




Road leading through the forest. No lights at all.

Sooyoung sitting beside a tree, a man runs up to her.

"Time?" Sooyoung says.

The man says, "Nine forty."

"Okay, they're heading out in five minutes." Sooyoung pulls out her pistol. "Everything ready?"

"Yep."

"You and Park open up first," Sooyoung says. "And we will cover you."
 




Yoochun is sitting at the table with a glass in his hand. He tries to position it over an empty glass lying next to him. He finally succeeds, then he tips his glass over, he pours everything out into the other glass.

He mumbles something and raises his glass to his mouth.

Yoona comes up behind him, saying, "Nooo, mister Micky. Why are you pretending to drink, eeeeeeh?" She laughs and grabs his glass, she fills it from the bottle in her hands.

Yoochun is saying, "But, Lieutenant." His head is moving around in circles. "I can't, I'm not allowed to."

"You are," Yoona says. "You are, when you drink with me you are, now bottoms up, heeere." Yoona helps him with the drink. "Nooo cheating," she says and leans on Yoochun. He drinks it and grimaces.

Yoona stands behind him. Then she glances at Sunny sitting next to him. She moves towards her and leans over her.

Sunny opens her eyes. "Leeeeee," Yoona says. "Drink."

"Yes, siiiiiiiiir!" Sunny yells and salutes in her chair. She burps. She turns to Yoochun, Yoochun is resting his forehead on his hand. Sunny says, "Drink Mic... Drink Wolf!" She puts her face in her hands and mumbles, "Now to your... big news drink... Wolf for your big news... drink..."

Yoochun opens his eyes wide. He tries to get up. "I-I have to go. I have to go," he's saying. His head is bobbing around.

"Nooo, you're not going anywhere." Yoona sits him back down. "Not going anywhere," she tells him. "Now drink, Micky." She starts pouring another one.

Sunny is watching all this with one eye open.

Yoochun tries to say something but Yoona puts the glass to his mouth, she tips it over, Yoochun drinks it all.

He's grimacing. "Miss Lee," he says. Sunny looks at him with her pirate stare. "I can't... I can't no more..."

"You can," Yoona yells. "Driiink!"

Yoochun leans his forehead against Sunny's face. "I must go... to Jo Kwon..."

"Where?" Sunny mutters.

"You have to... get me out of here..." Yoochun mumbles. Sunny is looking somewhere with a very serious expression on her face. Yoochun says, "That Jung."

"What!" Yoona grabs his shirt and pulls him up. "What that Jung!"

Yoochun shouts, "She is..."

Yoona slams his face with a big left hook.

Yoochun falls to the ground.

Yoona grimaces, she waves her hand around and clenches her teeth. She glances at Sunny, but Sunny is still looking somewhere, she's not interested.

"He spilled..." Yoona says. She looks at her clothes. "He could have spilled his drink on me," she says. She puts her hands on Sunny's shoulders and leans down on her, saying, "He has no respect for our nation's uniform."

Sunny glances at Yoona, then at Yoochun. Then she opens her eyes wide and looks at Yoochun on the ground, frowning. "No," she says. She looks away. "No, I can't, I just can't," she wails. "I just can't watch a man getting beat up," she protests. Then she looks at Yoona and mumbles, "Not when it's somebody else doing the beating." She tries to get up, Yoona helps her. "Jungaaaaah," Sunny yells. Jungah comes running from the kitchen. "Plea..." Sunny burps. She shakes her head. "Please help me to the bathroom," she says.

Jungah grabs her, they wobble towards the door.

Yoona looks at Yoochun.

She takes a pencil out of her pocket. She rips a piece out from a cigarette pack and starts writing on it.

Jungah walks back inside the room, smiling.

"What happened here?" she says. She stops smiling when she sees Yoona's face. "W-What's the matter, Lieutenant. You're always so calm and..." She notices Yoochun on the ground. "W-what did you do to him?"

"He'll be fine," Yoona says. She stands closer to Jungah and lowers her voice. "Listen, five houses down the street there's a watchmaker. You will go there, knock on the window three times, and give them this note." She shows Jungah the piece of paper.

Jungah says, "I don't understand."

"Knock three times and give them this note."

"But, Lieutenant..."

"There's a lot to gain or everything to lose," Yoona tells her. She gives her the note. "Shin Yunhwan and more too."
 




The back room at the watchmaker's.

A few young men are smoking cigarettes, checking their weapons. One guy is shuffling a deck of cards.

Tablo is sitting in an armchair, reading a newspaper.

A dog barks outside.

Somebody knocks three times on the window. Tablo looks up from his paper.
 




"Paahh-raa-ra-reee-rarrrraara," Sunny sings. She enters the room. "Paahh-raa-raaaa-reeeeeeeeeeeeee-rarrara." She knocks a glass over on the table. "Pa-rraa..." She looks down at Yoochun on the floor.

Yoona is lying on the couch.

"Well," Sunny tells Yoona, "you have quite a punch on you Krystal, quite a punch." She moves to the couch and crashes down next to Yoona. "And I never suspected you of that."

Yoona slurs, "He will once and for all learn... not to disgrace... the uniform of our country's military..."

"Yeeees," Sunny says. She drops her head back against the wall. "Yes."

"And the fact that he works with you..."

"Right," Sunny says. "You are absolutely right." She says, "And me, to tell you the truth, I don't even trust him." She starts shaking her head. "I don't trust anybody. Ab-so-lu-tely anybody." There's some noise at the door. Sunny glances over there and then back at Yoona. "Ab-so-lu..." She stops. She looks towards the door again and opens her eyes wide.

"Hands up," a man shouts.

Sunny and Yoona both squint and try to sit up.

"Hands up! What, you don't understand?"

There's two men with guns pointed right at them.

Sunny and Yoona pull their hands over their heads.

Yoochun moves his arm on the floor. One of the men turns and fires a long burst right into him with his submachine gun, he empties the whole clip.
 




The country road.

A truck is approaching, a tree falls down over the road in front of it. The truck stops.

A soldier steps outside. A machine gun burst mows him down.

Shouting, a firefight starts, there's soldiers jumping out from the back of the truck.

They are in a crossfire. They try to get down and throw grenades but they have no chance. They get cut down in seconds.

Bodies on the ground. Sooyoung and her men run up to the truck. Heechul is alive, they help him down. He smiles at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung looks inside the truck. There's one more dead soldier inside the truck, an ArmPol officer.

They all turn back, they run into the forest.
 




Jungah's house.

Sunny is trying to put on a bathrobe over her shorts and top. She can't find the sleeves.

Jo Kwon walks inside.

Sunny salutes, she stands at attention.

Jo Kwon looks her over. He comes up to her and looks her up and down again. He says, "Well at least you've put something on." He's trying not to laugh. Sunny covers herself with the bathrobe. "There's no lousier sight than an officer in underwear," Jo Kwon snaps.

"Uhhh," Sunny starts saying, "We saved our lives." Jo Kwon looks at her. "They only took our uniforms."

"You let them take your uniforms!" Jo Kwon yells.

Yoona walks up to them, wrapped in a blanket, saying, "But Deputy Assistant Commissioner Lee has shown true bravery." Sunny looks at Jo Kwon, nodding her head. Yoona says, "She even tried to fire, but..."

Jo Kwon turns away with a smirk. "Yeees," he says. "That was all her doing, she has tricked all of us. Well who would've thought," he says. He grits his teeth. "Kim... Jungah."