Chapter 30: Just exist.

Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Yeah :'D might get confusing... Im sorry :'))

 

 

Death was just about done with being satisfied that their scythe was clean enough to use again until they felt the hair on their arms and their feathers stand up from a weird feeling. That was when Death realized that static was in the air. When Moon Byul Yi was right in their face with her staff in hand connecting it to their chest. They smirk, to Death this was just a petty attack. It didn't even hurt.


But then it glowed. That's when their eyes widened, now THAT wasn't supposed to happen. As far as they know, Byul even as Cosmos had never done this. NEVER had they saw the staff glow once it had come into contact with anything. They looked up and saw two different emotions trying to battle in Byul's eyes. Death blinks, still trying to process what in the name of Heavens' was happening.


That was when it struck them.


"Ah shi-" Death wasn't able to finish what they were muttering, flying out of harm's way when they felt the glow from the staff pulse before they got hit by whatever it was that was going to come out from it. From what Death was hearing as they steadied themself in the air, it was a blast. A pulsing blast that could have easily destroyed Korea's whole capital had it not been for the bubbled that was put up by both before Taeyeon had turned into Death and from the younger Gods' extra bubbles. They look down and finally takes a look at Byul as if it was the first time Death had seen them. Looking down at Byul from where they were high up in the sky was something. Their eyes narrow as they see something finally shift inside those eyes. Death's pretty sure that those around her could feel it as well. It wasn't every day you feel the very essence of Death leaking out into the world.


Byul was Cosmos. Death had been the one to create Cosmos when they felt lonely. If you think about it, they were the same. But then again, Death created Cosmos but even they didn't expect the amount of power the God they had made would create. They knew that in the first years, the youngling would create stars and make them explode and crumble to dust as entertainment. Ah... This would be a hassle to deal with. Death sighs, thinking of how they should weaken the God before them that was ready to strike them into the ground... What.


A gigantic amount of force hit Death square in the head, sending them pummeling to the ground at a high speed. Death could feel liquid begun to run down the side of their face. Curious, they had their hand go up to their cheek where the liquid had begun to drip. It was thick and a bit sticky. They pulled their hand away to find white substance coating their hand. So this is what my blood looks like Death thought and for a split second thought about what color Life's blood would be. Sensing another blow about to hit, Death raised their scythe to block it and pushed off the ground once Byul was caught off guard. Twirling the scyther in their hand, they sliced at Byul with the blade making a shallow cut on her face. Golden blood barely seeping out. So they were right, the color of a Gods' blood is the color of their other half's wings. Who knew Gods could bleed?


With that in mind, Death rushed at Byul scythe ready to swing and cut the other god to pieces.

 

 


Tiffany was down there inside a bubble with nothing to do. From the intensity of her stares, Yuri can conclude that she desperately wants to help but can't. Just like what everyone else wants to do. She's pretty sure this was the first time in her life she had seen everyone just look so... frustrated at not being able to do anything. It reminds her of the time when Jessica had just left and how Taeyeon had carried the brunt of the words. Just telling her members that she was okay even if, at times, Yuri could hear her softly crying inside her room when things were just... too much. 


This feels too much like that. What could they do... They weren't Gods like the others were. They could only hope. Even if that hope will hurt them too.


Yuri couldn't stand seeing the two Gods fight each other, so she turned her head to look at everyone else. (But really, she just can't stand and watch how Byul seems to lose herself fighting someone who already did.)


The members of Red Velvet were near each other, just there to support their friends however they can. Yongsun was frowning, worried about what would happen if Byul lost herself too. Jessica was just looking at the sky. Watching how wave after wave of energy flowed through the sky as staff and scythe hit one another.

Here's something that Sunny had learned over the past years. Hope was a fickle little thing. It can give you the biggest reason to fight, but one tiny slip and it would all crumble to the ground. That was the best way to describe what had happened.


In the midst of trying to get Taeyeon, Byul almost lost herself. It was painful to watch when she saw how realization dawned upon Yongsun's face once Byul didn't stop her barrage of attacks on Death. As much as she's afraid of the Gods (Who wouldn't be? The literal God of Death) Sunny knows that that was still her friend of the same height. They couldn't risk having Byul lose herself too. That would be too overkill.


But with no hesitation at all, Yongsun charged at Byul. Her desperation is seen with the way she flies. Flapping her wings carelessly as long as she could reach what Sunny would call the other half of the girl's very existence. Soulmate. Yeah, that was a better word for it. She wasn't blind, she could see the tension all over Jessica's body as she tries to restrain herself from doing the same thing as Yongsun. Instead, Jessica goes and tackled Death. Feathers flying everywhere just so she could stall for Yongsun. It was brave in Sunny's eyes.

A few moments later, Sunny didn't know what happened really... it just did. But Jessica got thrown to the side while Yongsun was sitting by Wheein and Hyejin. Emotionally and mentally exhausted by the ordeal. Byul was once again charging at Taeyeon but this time, Sunny could see that the God's eyes were clear.

 


Jessica watches as Byul was pinned down by Death. She wasn't aware of the tears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter