Chapter 10

Free Delivery!

 

6th week

 

“This is me, the last on the left, I look cute right?” Jongin points out on his phone, showing a childhood picture with a beaming smile on his face. 

 

“You still look cute though, but much more lovelier.” The pediatrician scrunches his nose when Sehun pinches his pink cheeks. 

 

“These are my brothers, the tallest there–although not anymore, is our eldest, Minseok, he’s the one who raised us when our parents passed away, the next one is Junmyeon, you probably have seen him? I think so, ‘cause he used to fetch me at the hospital.” 

 

Sehun avoids Jongin’s stare and adjusts his dress shirt’s neckline awkwardly. Of course, he knows Junmyeon, the one who made him go jealous over and dumb as .  

 

“And the one beside me is Jongdae hyung, he’s funny but way too whiny for me. He’s still in China with his wife, I wonder when he will visit us here.” He kinda misses their bonding together. “Minseok hyung will arrive tonight, so I’ll come with Junmyeon hyung after work.” 

 

“Then our lunch date right now is perfect, since I won’t be able to accompany you tonight.” He pouts. 

 

Sehun gazes on Jongin’s honey colored eyes and brushes the muffin crumbs on the side of his face. “Not to be biased, but you’re the most adorable of them all.” He chuckles. 

 

Jongin rolls his eyes but the heat rising on his face begs to differ. 

 

 “I hope the baby gets it after you.” Sehun says in a whisper.  

 

“Are you serious? I want the baby to look like you, you’ve got the best features out of all any doctors working in the hospital.” 

 

Sehun shakes his head in a laugh and proceeds to feed Jongin the muffin that he ordered.

 

Swallowing down his food, “You keep feeding me a lot, do you plan for me to get fat?” He mumbles in a joking manner. 

 

“No, my dear, I want you and our baby to be healthy, don’t worry I’ve prepared a nutritional plan just for you, I’m your doctor after all.” 

 

Jongin tilts his head cutely in agreement. “Whatever you say, Doc.” Giggles follow when Sehun attacks him with neck kisses.    

 

He wanted to open up to Sehun about his plans on informing their respective families about his pregnancy but he decides to delay it for now.


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

“Hyung, do you have any gifts to give for Minseok hyung?” He’s slightly excited and nervous to see his eldest brother. 

 

“No, he’s the one coming back, so he should be the one to give us souvenirs or something. In fact, the reservation I got can be considered a welcome gift for him.” His brother announces proudly. “You know the NNG restaurant by the famous Chef Park?” 

 

Oh Baek actually invited him to eat there this Saturday, coincidentally, he easily got a reservation too, and he thinks that Sehun might be involved in it. 

 

“Yes, Chef Park, that’s Sehun’s best friend.” He blurts out. 

 

Junmyeon turns his head to him. “Who is Sehun?” 

 

, Jongin, why are you so chatty. He kinda wants to slap himself right now. 

 

The car stops in front of a restaurant in a modern-looking building “Oh we’re here.” Junmyeon decides to let it slide for now but as the smartest among the Kim brothers, his question isn’t going to stray away from his memory for a few days. 

 

Jongin ignores his brother and composes himself as they get out of the car together. 

 

The waiter guides them to their reserved table. The restaurant is full, the decor inside has a minimalist touch, with monochrome walls paired with elegant velvet lights. The mood inside is light and relaxing as the soft jazz music plays harmoniously over the clacking of the utensils and the laughter of the guests inside. 

 

Chanyeol has definitely good eyes. 

 

Upon sitting comfortably, he immediately fishes out his phone to text Sehun. 

 

I’m already at the restaurant (o^▽^o) Did you know that hyung got us reserved at NNG, I wonder what’s the special tonight.   

 

I trust your best friend, he’s a good cook and his best friend has good taste hahaha ╰(*´︶`*)╯   

 

BABY You should’ve told me, I could’ve gone there and pretend to be your waiter just to see you.

   

Oh shut up, we’re just together earlier. But I miss you ❤

 

Sehun squeals in delight, simple conversation like this with Jongin drives him mad, like a blushing highschool student talking to her crush.  

 

The obstetrician dials the number of MQ, Chanyeol’s sous chef because he knows his best friend often misplaces his phone when he’s working. 

 

“Hello MQ hyung, sorry but can I talk to Chanyeol?” MQ guffaws because Sehun is right, Chanyeol lost his phone around the working station. 

 

“Chanyeol! Jongin is currently at your restaurant, I don’t know which table but I think it’s saved under the name of Jung...Junmyang? I’m not sure though. Can you serve him your best dish yet, I suggest the healthy ones too, pretty please.”

 

Chanyeol snorts. “Oh Sehunnie, your please doesn’t have a face, but since you’re my best friend and your boyfriend is practically eating for him and your baby, I’ll certainly make something good for them.”   


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

Some of the dining guests turn their heads to his brother, his dominant aura can be felt just by looking at the man, walking towards their table with a soft smile on his face.  

 

The brothers stand up to welcome him, but it’s Jongin who jumps on Minseok to encage him in a tight hug. “Jonginnie! I missed you.” With a kiss on his forehead, he lets go of his brother. 

 

“Glad you’re back.” Junmyeon greets in their embrace. “You’re probably starving and tired from your flight, so let’s order some food.” 

 

After pouring the wine on their glasses, the waiter left their table upon receiving their order. Jongin’s kinda glad no one mentioned on why he refused to drink the cold beverage and why he didn’t order pasta since his brothers knew that he was a fan of that dish, the texture is just revolting when it slides on his mouth, so no more of that Italian dish. 

 

Although he can see some of the stray lines of wrinkles on his brother’s forehead, he still looks like he’s the youngest among them. He’s currently telling a story of his and Jongdae’s misadventures in China and how he helped him court his now wife. Jongin chuckles, his evening is going fine so far, as he shares laughter with his brothers. 

 

The food they served smells so good that Jongin’s stomach churns, he thinks that it may have earned approval from his little bean. With their conversation forgotten, he cheerily digs in his food. 

 

Jongin noticed that so far, there were some stray ingredients or herbs that he knew didn't belong, still, it was delectable and appears to be healthier to be eaten, it even earns praises from Minseok since he’s a health conscious man. Dabbing the napkin on the corners of his mouth, he has this urge to burp but his brother is in front of him, he doesn’t want to get an earful of scolding about fine dining etiquette. 

 

“Jun, did you get this Merlot wine for me? I noticed that our bottle is different from the other tables.” Minseok inquires, but Junmyeon shakes his head. “Weird, maybe the waiter made a mistake, I’ll ask him about it when he returns.

 

Finally, their desserts are served but Jongin noted that this wasn’t the one they ordered. It was supposed to be a good ol’ boring chocolate cake, but right in front of him is chocolate cake truffles covered in gold leaves, arranged meticulously with luster dust on the sides.  

 

Jongin calls out the waiter. “Excuse me sir, but this isn’t the cake we ordered.” The waiter, Lucas, introduces himself and flashes him with a dazzling smile. “The chef decided to upgrade your order, you can think of it as ‘compliments from the chef’, Mr. Jong-uhm...Kim .”   

 

“Hold on, can you please call the chef, we want to compliment him personally.” Minseok interjects with a stern voice and cheshire grin. Lucas left with a nod and a nervous expression on his face

 

Jongin feels a tingling of hair standing on the back of his neck, the way his brother spoke feels like something bad is gonna happen. 

 

“Jongin.” 

 

“Y-yes hyung?”

 

“In any way, do you know the chef?” 

 

He doesn’t have a chance to reply to Minseok when a tall guy with chestnut hair in his chef uniform walks towards them, he’s pressing his lips together that his side dimples come out, and he is doing a little secretive wave of hands to Jongin in an effort to greet his best friend’s boyfriend, that the pediatrician is 100% sure that everyone inside the restaurant sees it. 

 

Chanyeol stood there in front of them in an awkward stance. He is the owner of this restaurant, he should be confident enough to greet his guests, Jongin thinks internally. 

 

Junmyeon must’ve felt the tension when he greets Chanyeol before Minseok could mutter something. “Chef Park, can I say that what you’ve served is one of the best out of the fine dining restaurants that I’ve eaten, although it was hard to get a reservation, it was really worth it...” 

 

Chanyeol is currently communicating with Jongin through his eyes but the pediatrician doesn’t understand because he’s only seeing some widening, squinting, and winking. He eventually gives up after Junmyeon finishes his compliments, and because Jongin looks so confused and dumbfounded. 

 

He decides to play it cool. “Thank you, Mr. Kim, the special wine and dessert are on the house tonight.” 

 

Minseok suddenly clears his throat that makes Chanyeol and Jongin jolt. “I really liked the food, Thank you.” He smiles sincerely. “I guess you already knew my brother, Jongin, given with your… distressed signals on him.” 

 

He brings the glass to his lips and takes a sip of the wine. “Say, Chef Park..." Minseok glances at his youngest brother. 

 

"Yes?"

 

"Are you single?”  


Has anyone noticed that I've written a texting scene on almost every chapter hahaha, I think this will now be a part of this fic, I also changed the emoji format since I also post this on AFF and that platform has a hard time when it comes to emojis ( ̄ヘ ̄) and sorry for the late updates, I celebrated my birthday on 10th last week on my aunt’s and forgot to bring my laptop, it was supposed to be a 1 night sleep over but it turned into a whole week so I apologize.

Thank you so much for reading this first chaptered fic of mine. I only started to pick up writing as a hobby because of the lockdown last march, now that It’s been a few months, I’m really making an effort to practice longer chapter but I find that difficult hehe, my friends often scolded me for updating with such short chapters 😅😅😅

This is kinda getting long so to end, I really appreciate your comments, kudos, upvotes, subscriptions or whatever that is 💖 Thank you for making squeal like Sehun’s whenever he talks to Jongin sweetly.

Twitter: @kaiffogato. Support Baekhyun,Lay's album and Chanyeol's new release! Thank you!