SIX

Betrayed Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝I'll stand behind you and continue to protect you...❞

↢ ↣ ↢ ↣ ↢ ↣

Ayla calmly looked up the massive building in front of her as she made her way out of the car. It has been over 3 months since she was back in Seoul as the Vice President of Magnetic Moon Events and Co. She had been busy preparing and monitoring the events that the company were taking in that she had no time to call nor visit any of her friends in Seoul yet.

Today she was having a meeting with the marketing team of up and coming popular technology company for their new product launching event that was to be held in the upcoming month. The company was situated right in the middle of Gangnam and was massive. She wondered who could be the owner of the company.

"Good morning. May I know who are you looking for today?" The receptionist in the main lobby greeted Ayla as she smiled back.

"I am here to meet the head of marketing, Mr Seo?" Ayla replied as the receptionist nodded her head.

She threw Ayla a smile, "Mr Seo and the team is ready at level 21, Miss Ayla. You may proceed up." she directed Ayla to the left of the building where the elevators were situated.

Ayla nodded her head and started to make her way towards the elevatore while she dialled Sarah's number on her phone.

"Ouch!" Ayla shouted startled as her body came into contact of another sturdy body.

The male bowed slightly before muttering a soft sorry under his breathe and quickly walked away as Ayla stood there dumbfounded.

"Rude!" Ayla muttered under her breathe before walking straight towards the elevator.

↢ ↣ ↢ ↣ ↢

Sehun sighed a heavy sigh as soon as he left the building of his client's office. He had been in a hurry to leave that he was accidentally bumped into a stranger and spilled a little of his coffee on his dark blue blazer.

"Please tell Hyejin to prepare a change of suit for me," he spoke over the phone as he drove off the parking lot of the massive building.

It had been over 2 years since Ayla left them all and Sehun had been nothing but workaholic throughout the 2 years. His mind wandered towards the event 2 years ago.

"Let's cancel the wedding." Sehun spoke with confidence as Riann casted him a disappointed look.

The parents looked at Sehun in disbelief. The wedding was to happen in four hours but he was calling it off!

Riann held back her tears as she smiled at Sehun, "I know you will say that Sehun-ah." she said calmly despite her aching heart.

Sehun looked at Riann with pity but his heart had made its decision and he was not going to change that again.

Enough of his excuses. He neeed to do this.

"You had always love Ayla. She had always been your priority even when we were younger. But after her 16th birthday, you changed your mind and doubted your feelings because of what she told you. You cannot help but to fight with your own feelings every time." Riann started as Sehun looked down with guilt.

She was right. Ayla had always been his priority even up till now.

She let a soft sigh, "You were not stupid, Sehun. You knew Ayla loved you too but you were just denying it. If not, you would not rush to Velvet Night, three months ago in the midst of our dinner to pick Ayla up. You used me as a shield to deny your feelings because you were afraid to hurt Ayla. And I..." Riann's voice trailed off.

"I used you as a shield too. I was always envious of how you cared for Ayla and when you came to me telling me you wanted to try out the relationship with me so that you could continue to protect Ayla secretly, I agreed. We were so selfish to not see her pain, Sehun-ah." Riann's tears swelled as her voice trembled.

Sehun continued to look down in shame. True, I never seen the hurt in her eyes all these while. Sehun thought to himself.

"Riann-ah," her mother called out but she raised her hand up.

She was not finished.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter