Chapter 2

Middle of the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed and the car was still with her, she didn’t use it and just kept it until the girl called and she did, she called her while she was in the middle of her shift at the CVS, good thing it was just her there and that her manager was at the back probably sleeping.

“Hello?”

“Heeeeeey~ watchu doin?”

“I’m at work, I’ll call you back later.” Amber hung up but her phone kept vibrating, she ignored it as a customer came in and after a few hours she decided to call the girl again but the girl called her first.

“Look-”

“Can you pick me up, I- I’m at the same bar as last time and I-” the girl sounded sad and very different from how she called her earlier.

“I still have my shift, can you wait for me there just sit at the bar and ask for water, I can leave after 2AM, just a few more minutes. Okay?” the line went silent and she thought the girl hung up already when she heard a whisper.

“Hello?”

“….I’ll wait.”

“Okay, just stay there I’ll come get you.”

After sometime her replacement came, she was supposed to work until 4 but she talked to her manager saying she had an emergency, he agreed but not after making it clear that her pay would be reduced. Soon someone came to change with her, she immediately left and arrived at the bar not long after looking for Krystal and she saw her by the bar.

“Your girl?” her bartender friend asked.

“Uhm-”

“She fell asleep after a while but I think she’s sobered up.” Amber nodded and thanked her friend then proceeded to help Krystal to her car, the girl woke up when she felt Amber carrying her.

“You’re here.”

“How do you feel?”

“I’m fine...yeah I’m fine.” her response felt like it had a different meaning to Amber, like she was lying and that she’s speaking to herself trying to convince herself that she’s fine rather than answering Amber’s question.

“What am I thinking, she’s drunk and I’m probably just thinking too deeply about her drunk response.” she thought.

She set her down on the passenger seat and started driving, Krystal was just quietly staring outside remembering how ty her weeks had been, how her parents nagged her everyday telling her they care and that it’s for her own good, yet they were always not home when she needed them. 

She felt suffocated and alone so she went to the bar to get drunk again and probably ask Amber to drive her. She never expected the girl to actually come but she was a little happy that she came. When she saw the spot they stopped at a few days ago she asked Amber to stop there again and they both went out but Amber ran back to grab something, a blanket, Krystal smiled at her kind gesture.

“You seemed to like stopping here so I thought I should bring a blanket just in case.”

“Thanks.” they shared the blanket and leaned on the car, just like last time, but instead of quietly staring at the view Krystal spoke.

“You know, I hate my life.” it was short but strong and it caught Amber’s attention but she didn’t speak, she let Krystal continue to say what’s on her mind.

“My oh so loving parents expect me to be perfect and to be like a robot, never getting tired and always being perfect in everything, from academics to extracurricular things. It’s like I don’t even matter to them, my results do, my well being? pshh that’s the last thing on their mind, the same goes for my feelings and opinions.” she finished letting out a frustrated sigh and looked at Amber, expecting her to share something too.

“What-” Krystal glared at her.

“It can’t be just me, you also have to say something.”

“Fine well I also have a ty life, my father left a bunch of gambling debt and even had mistresses and illegitimate kids, my mom had a and has a huge medical bill and expensive meds, my brother ran away and left me alone to handle everything. I also hate my life very much.” 

“Want to scream? In movies they do it to release their frustrations, wanna try it with me? I’ve always been curious if that really helps.”

“Uh, sure?”

“Ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter