+TWENTY+

+ONE AND ONLY+
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+CHAPTER TWENTY+

'Baby, tell me where are we going.' Chaerin asks again Jiyong who was driving his black lambo to a place he didn't want to tell her about. 

'I told you, it's a surprise.' Jiyong says again and she pouts. He smiles then takes her hand and kisses it. 

It's already been a month. After thay day, he couldn't wait any longer and in some hours she was already living with him in his house. Including her kitty that had been living with her since the day she found her on the lake. He loved his new life with her, and she was excited too to be with him again. Every day they would have the breakfast together, then she will go to her shop and he will stay in his office or going out for the mafia's business. But it wasn't the same anymore. Because when he was getting home it wasn't empty and lifeless anymore, she was there. She was the colour of his life now. 

They arrived to the secret place. He gets out from the car first, and opens the door for her. She was already nervous to find out where they were and why he had been so secretive about it those past days. She was wearing a light blue maxi dress with floral print and her stilettos as always, while he was wearing jeans with a white shirt. He put his arm around her waist. 

'Close your eyes now.' 

After looking at him she finally closes her eyes, letting him lead her to the way they were walking. She could only feel his hand on her waist and the other hand was holding her hand. They were still walking slowly. She couldn't wait to find out where were they going and he couldn't wait to show her up what he had been preparing for her all those days. They were both pretty nervous about that. 

That wasn't a simple date.

It was going to be much more than that. 

She didn't see anything but she could smell the fresh air and the smell of the flowers around them. The smell of the fresh grass too, as she sensed that she was stepping on the grass now. 

'Okay babe, open now.'

He says and she does. And she got surprised, it was all so beautiful. They were in the same garden when they had their first date but this time it was decorated very different. He booked the whole place for them again.

In the middle of the garden, there was a big white purple silk blanket placed over the grass with a four big silk cream colour pillows over it and a very small wood table in the middle with a buket full of ice and a bottle on champagne, and two empty glasses next to it. Around the pillows there were four wood high sticks which were holding a white thin blanket covering it all, of the style of a princess bed. 
Around the pillows there were a lot of flowers surrounding them, and little lights on the grass all over the garden. The trees were still decorated with lighs of differents colours. That place looked so romantic. He takes her hand again leading her to the middle of the garden. She saw that on one pillow there was placed a red rose. He helps her sit on the pillow as she was taking the rose in her hand and he sitted right next to her on the other pillow. 

'Do you like it?' he asks, looking at her smiling. 

'I'm in love with this place. This is the place we had our first date.'

'A lot of things happened since then.' 

'I know. And there's more things to come. But I don't care as long as we're together.' she says getting closer to him and planting a kiss on his lips.

He kissed her back, putting his arm around her making her come even closer. When they felt the need to breah they put apart slowly. Looking at her he caresses her face softly. He was so in love with her, that he couldn't spend not even a day without seeing her. He never thought that he was going to be so much in love with someone before. He never expected to be her, moreover because it all started with a plan. She also never thought that she was going to be in a relationship like this one and find someone like him, even more to love him so much. 

But here they are. 

'Are we going to open this?' she says pointing to the champagne in front of them. 

'Not yet.' he says giving her the rose that she had been holding before but put back on the pillow next to her. 'Open this first.'

'What?' she asks confused looking at the rose, she was now holding again in his hand. Jiyong places his hand over hers. 

'There's something inside of the rose.' 

She opens it softly without damaging the rose, as it was an authentic one. And she frozed, as a chill was going throught all her body now. In the middle of the rose petals there was definitely something as he told her.

A diamond gold ring.

He stands up from where he was sitting, and taking her hand makes her stands up as well. He takes the ring from the rose and gets on one knee in front of her. She got the heat all over her body. That was a proposal. 

'Chae. Since you walked into my life, you changed it making it a lot better. You're the most important for me, I only need you to be happy. Every time I see you I fall for you even more. You always bring out the best of me. I love you now and I'm sure that I will love you forever, because you're my one and only. Will you marry me?'

Chaerin was feeling a tear drop from her eyes. But those were because of all the happiness she was feeling at that moment. She was feeling so much love in her heart. 

'Yes. Of course I will.' she says still dropping tears when he put the ring on her finger, then standing up kissing her. Chaerin kissed him back, hugging him. 

'I love you so much. I want to spend my whole life with you.' she says, looking up at him. 

'We will baby, I'll never let you go.'

That was a beautiful moment that they will definitely remember for the rest of their lives. The moment they made if official that they were planning to spend an eternity together. 

***** 

Few days after that. Jiyong was in his office reading those bored documents about the clan's matters that he had to do almost every day. Chaerin was working at her shop, so she wasn't home. He didn't get to finish the reading because his parents were waiting for him in the living room of his house. He knows why they were here, since last night they told them about their engagement and everything. Before he was telling about that to his mom, but she didn't tell anything to his father. Until now.

Yet, he didn't expect them too come to fast. 

'Mother.' he says when his mother walks to him giving him a hug, watching her only son in his black suit. 

'I missed you Jiyongie.' she says, when he hugs her back.

'I miss you too mom.' Jiyong breaks the hug and looks at his dad who was looking at him with serious expression. He didn't look very happy.

'Father.' he calls him but his father didn't move a bit. 

'You're always giving me headaches.' Kwon says, with his crossed arms and watching sternly his son in front of him. His mother sensed that their talk was going to turn into a fight by the way they were looking at each other, and tried to avoid it. 

'What did I tell you today? Stop being so harsh on him.' Mrs. Kwon tells her husband.

'Whenever you're calling me you're giving me bad news.' Kwon says again ignoring his wife's words and he could see that Jiyong's gaze was turning darker and stern too.

'Is my wedding bad news to you?' Jiyong says coldly, but a bit hurt that his own father was thinking that.

'What were you thinking? Your enemy's daughter? You're out of your minds!' 

'Just so you know, we're not enemies anymore, we made peace already.'

His father was watching him with disbelief. 

'You lost your minds for a woman. That's not what you were supposed to do.'

'And what I was supposed to do? Agree on an arranged marriage? That was the right thing to you?'

'Is this a strategy so you can get Lee's clan too when he's going to retire?'

'What?' Jiyong was starting to raise his voice too. 'I don't care about Lee's clan. I'm with her because I truly love her! I'm not going to step back now, so you better get used to the idea.'

'See, you're arguing with me because of a woman. That's not normal.' his father was raising his voice too, as they were getting both angry.

'She's the woman I love! So, you got to respect her, like it or not.'

'Don't talk like that to me, I'm your father!'

'And so? I'm your son, you never cared about what I want!' 

'Enough you two!' his mother says too, feeling like crying as seeing them fighting. 'Our son already decided, let's not get into his happiness.' she says to her husband who was just staring at Jiyong, still mad. 

'This is between me and him.' Kwon says. 

'I'm not going to stay silent because he's my son too. I won't let you ruin his life just because you're stubborn.'

Both father and son were keep looking at each other with the same stern gaze. Jiyong was not going to step back from his relationship with Chaerin, he loved her too much to do that. That was his decision, and his parents would just have to respect it. 

Suddenly Lee walked inside the house. He was comming to talk to Jiyong but he was surprised to find his parents there as well. It's been few years since he didn't get to see them anymore, after Kwon stepped back from his position as the leader. They used to be enemies when they were young, letting their clans fight with each other. They knew each other well enough.

Kwon fronws when he saw Lee walking to them. Lee sensed that something was going wrong by their expressions, they looked like they just argued with each other. 

'Kwon, it's been awhile.' Lee says, standing in front of him.

'Are you here for the same reason am I, Lee?' Kwon asks, wondering if Lee was oppossing to the marriage too or not. Lee noticed that Kwon was mad, and figured out what happened. It was obvious.

'Not really. But now that you're here too, we should talk, don't we?' Lee says and Kwon nods his head. 

'Yes, we definitely need to talk.' Kwon says walking to Jiyong's office with Lee. Before leaving Lee patted Jiyong's back.

'Don't be worried, he will understand.' he tells J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter